• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now arti has stolen cajun from us.

ibf60XiKkoxJk1.gif

I could understand that, but like Thanatos said you have to look into contex. Like the moment Kirahara confronts Juumomji he tells him that Mibu wouldn't do something so rash like this given his connection with Mibu as a kendoist. Which provides a reason it was more than a little misunderstanding and that the terrorists had done something to her. I mean little details like this are important. So people don't hate on Mibu.

I just finished watching and that's exactly what i feel ...

-------------
Mahouka - 06

Siblings kicking ass , Leo kicking ass , ERIKA kicking ass , yep that was a nice episode
At least next week , we can see the assault group kicking ass again so we can quit the most boring arc of mahouka once and for all.

Quasar

At least next week , we can see the assault group kicking ass again so we can quit the most boring arc of mahouka once and for all.

Am curious to see where it goes. The manga I read mostly just covered this arc from what I remember so I never really saw much beyond this arc.
The only thing else I remember is a bit of a story about onii-sama doing some work for an aunt or head of family or something

Andrew J.

Samurai Flamenco 03

So far this show has been an examination of Japanese celebrity culture and fadishness more than anything else.

It's good that the show realizes that Masayoshi's fighting ability, or lack thereof, aren't really relevant to his appeal as a superhero at this stage. It's very Captain America.

Link Man

Banned
The Kawai Complex Guide 6

Shiro is :cnet. Of course.
Or not? That IS a surprise.

Well, didn't expect to see hosannainexcelsis mirrored here.

i0V8idJZ2Nozb.jpg

My opinion of Shiro has risen considerably with this episode.

Such a heartwarming episode. I'm fairly sure this is my favorite show this season.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
GJ-bu
zZcKh1vl.jpg

I can't tell if this is a hybrid of a photo and animation.

Still, for an OVA about going to NYC, they still found a way to basically stay in the club room for the whole segment.

The post-anime stuff was as expected, since graduation angst is the easiest thing to do with a cast that is half graduated. It's what would happen if K-On S3 was a thing!

Midonin

Kawaisou 06

While I can see certain elements of this from other show - Ritsu has a bit of Tomoko and a bit of Mashiro in her - and the thing with Chinatsu reminded me of a similar situation in OreGairu, but ultimately, it resolved in a way that was more positive and heartwarming than either of those. (Sakurasou excluded.) Anything that culminates in a Rube Goldberg device is a worthy half hour. I like shows like this. Everyone's weird and constantly sniping at each other, but there's a soft heart underneath it all.

Eusis

Ah yes, Eureka Seven you will continue to be one of the most overrated anime I have ever watched, so much hatred, so much terribleness.
Wasn't sucked in with the first few episodes, though I did tune in and see a somewhat surreal death scene at the start of an episode once. Maybe I'll give it another go someday but it's a low, low priority. And probably if I actually do crazy with anime rather than just watching clumps of episodes every so often.

Eusis

Wait, is that basement seriously never brought back up? It seemed unlikely from that first episode just because of how things went down, but it WAS a blatant Chekhov's Gun, and if it's really just left sitting on the mantle for forever...

And webms seem fucked for me now period, as a late response to a prior post. I'll have to look into why.

Quasar

GJ-bu
zZcKh1vl.jpg

I can't tell if this is a hybrid of a photo and animation.

Still, for an OVA about going to NYC, they still found a way to basically stay in the club room for the whole segment.

That was amusing, but at the same time a bit of a wasted opportunity.

The post-anime stuff was as expected, since graduation angst is the easiest thing to do with a cast that is half graduated. It's what would happen if K-On S3 was a thing!

It did make me wish for a second season, seeing if they can actually manage to stay connected where half is in school and half at university.

Still glad we got a Mori twirl. Would have been rather put out if we never got one.

Wait, is that basement seriously never brought back up? It seemed unlikely from that first episode just because of how things went down, but it WAS a blatant Chekhov's Gun, and if it's really just left sitting on the mantle for forever...

And webms seem fucked for me now period, as a late response to a prior post. I'll have to look into why.

The basement is still the end goal...It just hasn't been relevant in forever, and no one is actively trying to go to it. It really is One Piece now.

cajunator

Banned
That was amusing, but at the same time a bit of a wasted opportunity.

It did make me wish for a second season, seeing if they can actually manage to stay connected where half is in school and half at university.

Still glad we got a Mori twirl. Would have been rather put out if we never got one.

Whoah wait. You got my attention!

Quasar

Thats an excellent start. Have you watched the ovas? Those are kind of an abridged story.

Some. Part of it was me waiting hopefully for a dub given the dub is how I experienced the show and that's what they sound like in my head. Which is kind of an odd thing to say given my preference normally for Japanese audio in anime and being a fan of Kikuko Inoue generally.

cajunator

Banned
Some. Part of it was me waiting hopefully for a dub given the dub is how I experienced the show and that's what they sound like in my head. Which is kind of an odd thing to say given my preference normally for Japanese audio in anime and being a fan of Kikuko Inoue generally.

The ova used to be all there was. I honestly never imagined it would go further, let alone a whole two part tv series! I like the old music and art style better though.

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou 06

This episode further confirms that Shiro is actually a bro.
Also it's sad that this girl's fate will be to go treasure hunting, found an island then die and be bound to a room.

Quasar

The ova used to be all there was. I honestly never imagined it would go further, let alone a whole two part tv series! I like the old music and art style better though.

Oh I don't think I saw any that preceded the show. I only actually knew about the ones that came afterwards. I kind of hoped they might of all been collected and dubbed.

As far as stuff prior to the show, well I did try the movie. Didn't like that. Though maybe thats simply because it was different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom