• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Love Live s2 03

You know, if you don't watch this for a while, the whole premise of everyone in Japan giving two shits about school idols re-strikes one as being really weird

Maki so cute with her beanie hat hrrrrghhhh

Omg lol. Talking like Idol Gangs are Turf War. I guess they are maybe. Love that the schools just have giant TVs on the side.

Your disguise sucks A-RISE girl

Seeing Maki and Chiyo lose it over A-Rise is kinda lol. Waiting to see if the penny drops and they turn full evil or they just turn out to be honourable rivals

Link Man

Banned
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou 06

This episode further confirms that Shiro is actually a bro.
Also it's sad that this girl's fate will be to go treasure hunting, found an island then die and be bound to a room.

But she'll have unlimited internet and video games! And she'll still get pudding!

Nisekoi Episode 18: At The Beach

Kind of a wasted beach episode since it didnt give Raku any good shots beyond that one of his feet and legs and thats it, one shot was ruined by one of the worst girls clinging to his upper body so :(

Laughed heavily when he was sleeping when Onodera asked that question, lol

cajunator

Banned
Oh I don't think I saw any that preceded the show. I only actually knew about the ones that came afterwards. I kind of hoped they might of all been collected and dubbed.

As far as stuff prior to the show, well I did try the movie. Didn't like that. Though maybe thats simply because it was different.

The movie was based on the ovas so yeah it was kind of odd. Basically they tried to cover the material in 6 episodes that eventually the tv series was able to detail.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Detroit Metal City is one of the best show I have watched. Just love how it goes from this.

DH6vZgb.gif

To this
6Rrc7gP.gif

Did the manga ever finish?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Is that the same Hazaro that posting on GAF?
Btw you and your friend aren't fun woof :(
The whole internet posting their own karaoke for JIBUN WOOOOO back then.
what who

oh god the OP

we've gone full circle and there is no where to hide

in my defense I was young and impressionable and no one else was uploading Nico vids

GJ-bu
zZcKh1vl.jpg

I can't tell if this is a hybrid of a photo and animation.

Still, for an OVA about going to NYC, they still found a way to basically stay in the club room for the whole segment.

The post-anime stuff was as expected, since graduation angst is the easiest thing to do with a cast that is half graduated. It's what would happen if K-On S3 was a thing!

Speaking of sequels, I wonder if the LN sequel series, GJ-bu: Jr. High School Division, would ever be adapted for an anime series of any kind. At least Mori would still be present now and then, I hope.

Branduil

Patema Inverted

Yasuhiro Yoshiura is really good at directing. Great background art and music from Michiru Oshima too. I see what people were saying about the story; I feel like the film needed about 20 more minutes to flesh things out properly. It's not bad per se, it's just not as strong as it could have been or wants to be. As it is, it's merely a good movie with great direction, as opposed to a truly great film.

Quasar

Speaking of sequels, I wonder if the LN sequel series, GJ-bu: Jr. High School Division, would ever be adapted for an anime series of any kind. At least Mori would still be present now and then, I hope.

Didn't know there was a sequel series. Interesting. Of course without Shion and Kirara I'd be sad. Though maybe an older Jill would be interesting.

survivor

Banned
Patema Inverted

Yasuhiro Yoshiura is really good at directing. Great background art and music from Michiru Oshima too. I see what people were saying about the story; I feel like the film needed about 20 more minutes to flesh things out properly. It's not bad per se, it's just not as strong as it could have been or wants to be. As it is, it's merely a good movie with great direction, as opposed to a truly great film.

Forgot he made another movie recently. Art direction looks solid, gotta check it out soon.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Pingpong 5
Oh hey, it's the sea guys.
You don't have talents. Dammit Smile, that's ice cold!

It's already end in Japan with 10 volume.

I believe it has been completed, but just hasn't been translated fully.

Yeah, looks like it's been ages. I'm just curious as to how it ends.

There's also the live action movie with the Gene Simmons cameo though. lol

With the three girls? I wonder how it'd work without the dude there.

GJ-bu@

G3opBhql.jpg

Today's fetishes are kidnapping, drugging, crossdressing and nyan~. Man, graduation really messed up the main character.

Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin 05

R50NUeql.jpg

More characters are introduced and the cast is really blooming. It's nice there's a lot of players in this giant treasure hunt but I rather there be more treasure hunting.

Kamigami no Asobi 06

o9eg7JXl.jpg

This week in how I'll only talk to my teacher if he is cornering me against a wall. What isn't seen is there's a guy just below them out of frame. So it's getting kinda kinky?

Ginga e Kickoff!! 14

Kinda surprised our coach is facing his inner demons already but it was pretty nicely done. Also funny it was like half recap but this development with the triplets is still pretty great.

Detroit Metal City is one of the best show I have watched. Just love how it goes from this.

DH6vZgb.gif

To this
6Rrc7gP.gif

I loved this show. I remember I was laughing so much at it, that I ended up watching the whole show in a day (I think the show was short anyways). The main character
humped the Tokyo Tower to turn it on
. That was the best scene ever, lol.

duckroll

For those watching Chaika and wondering about how far the anime might go, there are some pretty strong indications from this month's anime mags. There's an interview with the author and the anime director about the series, and they've indicated that the novels are indeed planned to end in the near future, and everything has already been decided between the novels and anime. They've indicated that the anime will have certain changes around the middle portion where there it will handle the material differently, but the director says that in the end they will conclude in the same way. Seems to suggest that the series could definitely be split-cours, since there's no way the 12 episode season that's airing now will finish the story.

The upcoming episodes will cover
the rest of book 4 with episode 6, and then they'll be returning to book 3 with episode 7. Episode 8 looks to be a sort of anime original bridge episode introducing the Neo-Gaz faction. While Episode 9 will use some original content to bring the story back into book 5's content. Since books 5-6 are one continuous story which ends with a major climax of sorts, it seems likely that episodes 9-12 will cover that, and conclude the first season.

Fireblend

Banned
About one-week friends, wow, that main character kid is useless. In episode 4 he
screws up so bad it almost deserved its own GAF relationship advice thread, and in episode 5 a new girl comes around and gets as far in 3 days with memory-loss girl as he did in like 10.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
About one-week friends, wow, that main character kid is useless. In episode 4 he
screws up so bad it almost deserved its own GAF relationship advice thread, and in episode 5 a new girl comes around and gets as far in 3 days with memory-loss girl as he did in like 10.
He's M'ladying her. :(

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
For those watching Chaika and wondering about how far the anime might go, there are some pretty strong indications from this month's anime mags. There's an interview with the author and the anime director about the series, and they've indicated that the novels are indeed planned to end in the near future, and everything has already been decided between the novels and anime. They've indicated that the anime will have certain changes around the middle portion where there it will handle the material differently, but the director says that in the end they will conclude in the same way. Seems to suggest that the series could definitely be split-cours, since there's no way the 12 episode season that's airing now will finish the story.

The upcoming episodes will cover
the rest of book 4 with episode 6, and then they'll be returning to book 3 with episode 7. Episode 8 looks to be a sort of anime original bridge episode introducing the Neo-Gaz faction. While Episode 9 will use some original content to bring the story back into book 5's content. Since books 5-6 are one continuous story which ends with a major climax of sorts, it seems likely that episodes 9-12 will cover that, and conclude the first season.

Glad to know the anime will have the same conclusion with the novel.

wonzo

Banned
Haikyuu!! 5

Really not sure what to think of this episode and the series as a whole. The production values are as nice as always but the overall sense of pacing has a really inconsistent flow to it where it's hard to actually get invested in whats happening. Kinda want to drop it but not at the same time. ._.

Didn't know there was a sequel series. Interesting. Of course without Shion and Kirara I'd be sad. Though maybe an older Jill would be interesting.

It's more of a continuation/spin-off I guess, but follows the Middle School version of GJ-bu. Sadly that means no older Jill. According to the MAL page the original cast may appear from time to time.

With the three girls? I wonder how it'd work without the dude there.

Yes, and there appears to be three new main characters that are introduced throughout the short stories.

mahouka 6

so wait, sister's logic is that... the difference between you and my brother is that, my brother has a sister that wants to fuck him and you don't?

well the eps has some nice fights.

mah6.jpg

hope all the classified data is written like this.
mah61.jpg

cry, bitch. my sister can magic dry clean this.

i dont like how they keep on giving random characters backstories. who the fuck cares about anybody when the protag is some ninja ice lord gunslinger?

Thoraxes

So like..chivalry?

It's like internet slang for white-knighting, though it occurs in real life.

Except it usually comes with major personality issues, and their overzealous attitudes towards what they perceive as chivalry and affection often push women they pursue much farther away from them because of how over-the-top they tend to be. Tipping the Fedora, so to speak, is like a symbol of acknowledgement from a fedora-wearing denizen. They tend to wear fedoras and think that it makes them look cool, when it has slowly become a negative connotation in identifying them.

There's more to it, but I don't feel like typing any more about it.

cajunator

Banned
It's like internet slang for white-knighting, though it occurs in real life.

Except it usually comes with major personality issues, and their overzealous attitudes towards what they perceive as chivalry and affection often push women they pursue much farther away from them because of how over-the-top they tend to be. Tipping the Fedora, so to speak, is like a symbol of acknowledgement from a fedora-wearing denizen. They tend to wear fedoras and think that it makes them look cool, when it has slowly become a negative connotation in identifying them.

There's more to it, but I don't feel like typing any more about it.

Ohh. That bullshit. Yeah I was like that once. Minus the fedora. But more because I just wanted people to like me. Then I realized that sometimes some people just really hate your guts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom