• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Narag

Butt all I've been asking was why we don't get more heso forte.

gCWc3zJl.png

There.

Keroro - Episode 7

My skipping rope skills shall pierce the heavens!

Quite literally as Keroro ended up in space afterwards.

Koyuki gets introduced in this episode although she's not as clingy to Natsumi as she was in the original series.

LordCanti

Mushishi S2 06

Well, I certainly didn't
see that coming. They could have handled the scene where he kicked over the lamp way better, but it was a good episode overall.

This show keeps on delivering salvation.

Cardfight!! Vanguard: Link Joker Episode 130 (engDUB)

Яeversed Suiko turned out exactly how I expected.
I dont think shes ever won any major fight and certainly would have the weakest deck, so it was pretty expected that she would lose.
. Break Ride, Limit Break, Superior Persona Blast back to back to back is incredible. One of the best combos all season.

So hummingbird redesigned their dash and NOW YOU CAN'T EVEN UPDATE THE SHOWS YOU'RE FUCKING WATCHING FROM THE DEFAULT PAGE

WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

THE FUCKING FANMADE ANDROID APP IS BETTER DESIGNED THAN THIS FUCKING DREK

also this massive 'community discussions' thing is taking up the top left of the screen now. goodjob

Hummingbird might actually be worse than when it first launched. The UI is just so terrible and everything is so slow.
I'll never be free of MAL.

Narag

Rowdy Sumo Wrestler Matsutaro 6

uC0N9Z7l.png

Sometimes i forget this is basically late 70s/early 80s. Had a similar issue with Fujiko Mine.

Kinda meh episode establishing hierarchy and a potential friend/rival for Matsutaro. I do like how he goes through all this culture shock with the sumo world as it makes watching it so much more accessible.

Defuser

Mahouka ep 6

Holy shit, so she got herself into this trouble because she misheard and misunderstood? Mibu is fucking dumb as bricks. And Tatsuya has a area scanner ability? wut.

Narag

Mahouka ep 6

Holy shit, so she got herself into this trouble because she misheard and misunderstood? Mibu is fucking dumb as bricks.

Of all the things to take umbrage with, a teenager overreacting after taking a statement the wrong way shouldn't really rank.

Mahouka-6\ Also this whole thing being a bunch of misunderstandings pisses me off too.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who was annoyed by that. It's one thing to believe that there's a legitimate injustice going on with the segregation of Weed and Non-Weed in magic society (though we still don't know if this applies to outside of the school) but to center the entire motivation for this character to do what she did around "I became a terrorist because (I thought) senpai didn't notice me?" well, to say that that's a cheap conflict resolution is more than an understatement.

In conclusion :

Mahouka - 6

The fuck? I'm willing to give it until this arc's conclusion but I don't think I've been closer to outright dropping this show than I am now.

I think thats over simplifying the situation.

I think that's how they literally described it.

Mahouka ep 6

Holy shit, so she got herself into this trouble because she misheard and misunderstood? Mibu is fucking dumb as bricks. And Tatsuya has a area scanner ability? wut.

No , she misunderstood but she was manipulated. Don't hate on mibu , people !! They used a very stressing environnement & situation to get to her.
Mind manipulative magic exist in mahouka world .

Narag

No , she misunderstood but she was manipulated. Don't hate on mibu , people !! They used a very stressing environnement & situation to get to her.
Mind manipulative magic exist in mahouka world .

Don't mind her reasons but I don't think the show did a good job on selling her being manipulated by a third party. Seemed like more time was spent on explaining the misunderstanding than the manipulation.

Don't mind her reasons but I don't think the show did a good job on selling her being manipulated by a third party. Seemed like more time was spent on explaining the misunderstanding than the manipulation.

Not gonna start this argument again with you narag , but seriously guys , you'd think that everyone in "egalite" became terrorists because of a misunderstanding ?

Anime shows don't need to tell you guys everything , you have to think a little about the context too.
And the whole point of egalité as said in the previous episode is that they manipulate students for their own purposes

fertygo

Yup, bunch of nothing that episode is.

The World is Still Beautiful 6

While the introduction of romantic rivals was inevitable, this Luna child is just grating and annoying. Please don't continue to be an important character. This show is still failing when it comes to the side characters, hopefully the bishounen coming next week is more amusing.

Narag

Not gonna start this argument again with you narag , but seriously guys , you'd think that everyone in "egalite" became terrorists because of a misunderstanding ?

Anime shows don't need to tell you guys everything , you have to think a little about the context too.

No, I understand the context, but I don't think it was presented well. I've seen the character archetype in countless other works where the under-appreciated or erroneously maligned makes some bad decisions due to how they perceive they're being slighted. My statement was referring the Kendo Girl alone because she was put on the redemptive path that's not entirely uncommon either.

No, I understand the context, but I don't think it was presented well. I've seen the character archetype in countless other works where the under-appreciated or erroneously maligned makes some bad decisions due to how they perceive they're being slighted. My statement was referring the Kendo Girl alone because she was put on the redemptive path that's not entirely uncommon either.

ok then , i haven't seen the episode yet ( gonna watch in a couple of minutes ) so for now i'll just hope that they haven't cut too much stuff from this episode considering the time they took to adapt this arc.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Rowdy Sumo Wrestler Matsutaro 6

Kinda meh episode establishing hierarchy and a potential friend/rival for Matsutaro. I do like how he goes through all this culture shock with the sumo world as it makes watching it so much more accessible.

I thought it was even earlier, like 1960s. The clothing sort of matches the style of period stuff I've seen bits of like GeGeGe no Kitarou. One of the sumo stables scouting Matsutarou tries to bribe him with the promise of a color television like it's a big deal!

Narag

I thought it was even earlier, like 1960s. The clothing sort of matches the style of period stuff I've seen bits of like GeGeGe no Kitarou. One of the sumo stables scouting Matsutarou tries to bribe him with the promise of a color television like it's a big deal!

I think you're right. Thought the manga started in '79 but it's actually '73. Also seeing there's an old OVA!

I could understand that, but like Thanatos said you have to look into contex. Like the moment Kirahara confronts Juumomji he tells him that Mibu wouldn't do something so rash like this given his connection with Mibu as a kendoist. Which provides a reason it was more than a little misunderstanding and that the terrorists had done something to her. I mean little details like this are important. So people don't hate on Mibu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom