• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hattori

Banned
This one could almost have come out straight out of LWA. *NSFW*
In fact he's used the last face on LWA.
bpN2JNq.gif

Mekakucity Actors Episode 5 – Kaien Panzermast
tumblr_n5ew0xebvb1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_n5ew0xebvb1qbxqfpo2_500.png

My kanoshin avy is canon, confirmed

Funny episode with the interactions of the Mekakushidan and filling in some holes while opening new ones. Timeline wise wonder if one would need to put together a chronological viewing order.

There was a bit of a depressing element to things lurking beneath the surface. With Ayano being their leader and confirmed for the suicide and by extension being most likely the reason why Shintaro locked himself away in his room and computer, it just really becomes a depressing tale of people being affected by this one character and struggling to continue living with that belief, and most likely wondering why things couldnt work that way. Two years is awhile for the mekakushidan folks to still being attached, Shintaro too though, so things need to be done.

Clov

I'll be starting Hyouka next week along with TTGL and picking up where I left off on G Gundam.

Edit: Hopefully... someday... I'll get back to Monster too.

Nice! Hyouka's definitely up there as one of my favorite KyoAni titles. Great characters in that one. Gurren Lagann is a great ride too, lots of over-the-top fun with a well developed protagonist.

Monster is also pretty amazing, so definitely get to finishing it at some point.

One of the best Free! illustrations today. That sharkbait, canon. Cant wait for the summer, Style Five still doing the ED.
BnVWGx4CYAA3_EF.jpg:large

This is too cute for me to handle! The next season is going to be a lot of fun.

fertygo

Ace of the Diamond 31

Introducing Raichi like a JRPG villain was pretty funny. The show didn't lose its stride after the previous game ended, they've made this matchup between two previous unknowns compelling. If only Haikyuu were this good.

So which one that gonna win if you guessing?
I still expect the school that have Tanba's BFF escape the nailbiter, btw Tanba are so cute in that flashback lol

Also for the Haikyuu's bit, to be fair AoD spending large amount of episode for building up the ground.. the character dynamic is a lot better from the start though with character like Chris, Furuya and Miyuki.

Captain Earth 6

Haha. Sokka would have been really proud at Daichi for that boomerang toss.

Finally some gat damn robot action in the next episode. I'm getting bored.

This is the third time i watch this show
AND I HAVE NO WAY to know why i love this show so much ...

Is it the sensha-do ? the cast ? i don't know ..why is this show so fun to watch ?

Midonin

Brynhildr 06

Mouth beams, playing with the hose, tragic backstories and a very :DTL doctor. The tone's all over the place as usual, but even with that, the series still seems pretty sure of what it wants to do. I'm glad to have Kotori as part of the crew now. That was a lot of destruction of private property at the end. The show's settled into a comfortable groove by now, so I have an idea of how much the tone can shift from scene to scene in an episode. Maybe the doctor will shake things up.

So which one that gonna win if you guessing?
I still expect the school that have Tanba's BFF escape the nailbiter, btw Tanba are so cute in that flashback lol
I have the same expectation.
Raichi is probably being setup as a future rival for Sawamura. It wouldn't make much sense to build up Tanba's relationship and motivation if he doesn't get to face his friend/rival. Sawamura and Raichi are 10th graders, so there's a lot of time for them to go at it.
Also for the Haikyuu's bit, to be fair AoD spending large amount of episode for building up the ground.. the character dynamic is a lot better from the start though with character like Chris, Furuya and Miyuki.

AoD wasn't great at the start either, and yeah there was a long build up. But even then I felt the characters were much stronger. It doesn't hurt that I find baseball far more compelling than the volleyball portrayed in Haikyuu. The matches themselves just aren't that interesting.

JoeFu

Banned
I'm liking Brynhildr more and more every week just because of how crazy the shifts are. It's not a great show or anything, but it keeps me entertained and I want to know what happens next week. It's the least I can ask for in a show.

Also more lewd lensflare. I think I like it more than lewd beam.

Midonin

Escha & Logy 05

Lucille had a nice introductory story. Her focus on a different branch of alchemy - and work ethic compared to Escha - made for a nice contrast to everyone else, and we got a story about the power of teamwork out of it. That letter at the end was sweet. Expected, but effective.

Also this.

The Irregular at Magic High School Episode 6 – Enrollment Part VI (mahouka)
tumblr_n5eov0b4s01rrr564o1_500.gif

Best Mahouka episode yet. Loved Leo's physical prowess with his voice activated CAD taking on those folks outside. Good visual for its activation too, while inside, Erika put on a good show at least showing that Tatsuya isnt the only one that can one hit KO folks too. They animated the self-acceleration there to make it seem nearly like she was using teleport, nice visual effects for that too.

I wish this arc had more Hattori, oh well
at least episode list says nine schools arc at episode 8, hype!

I'm liking Brynhildr more and more every week just because of how crazy the shifts are. It's not a great show or anything, but it keeps me entertained and I want to know what happens next week. It's the least I can ask for in a show.

Also more lewd lensflare. I think I like it more than lewd beam.

JJ Abrams directing this show?

Jex

Is that delicious Nisekoi trolling I hear? Mhmm. I'd be lying if I didn't enjoy the sound of people being trolled by trash harem shows.

Midonin

One Week Friends 06

Speaking of anime mothers. That explains what caused Kaori's issue to an extent, but there's probably some deeper reasoning for it that hasn't been revealed yet. Sweet little episode - adding Saki to the cast has really helped to liven things up. I'd hazard a guess that the reason she forgets is because she felt she let her friends down in some way when she got in the accident, yet that doesn't feel like it'd be it. There's still a lot we don't know, and a lot that these two are trying to work out with their relationship.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Ohh. That bullshit. Yeah I was like that once. Minus the fedora. But more because I just wanted people to like me. Then I realized that sometimes some people just really hate your guts.

Same.

I wish I could go back in time and inform my younger dumbass self to open his fucking eyes.

Link Man

Banned
One Week Friends 6

iblXGTFON7BlM7.gif

Threesome for Hase? Nope, Shogo with the block!

Saki is too adorable for words.

Speaking of best moms...

So it's
psychological?
I guess that makes the most sense.

Really cute episode.

Fireblend

Banned
One Week Friends 6

Threesome for Hase? Nope, Shogo with the block!

Saki is too adorable for words.

Speaking of best moms...

So it's
psychological?
I guess that makes the most sense.

Really cute episode.

I said it earler but I bet Hase would be an awesome OT gaffer. I can already imagine his relationship advice threads. I bet there's already some picture somewhere of him and a fedora. Talk about putting a girl on a pedestal, he gets jealous whenever she meets someone and even stalks her. Goddamn.

Hattori

Banned
A child actress is playing the main girl in Barakamon, my interest is rising. The last anime I saw that had a real child actor was Hotaru no Haka or Grave of the Fireflies, this should provide some authenticity to the character. slightlyhyped.

Captain earth - 06
So creepy guy was defeated
with a boomerang ??
whatever works i guess.

Tell me CEO, when you say it's only working with my DNA ..are you forgetting your children in the equation on purpose ? or ARE YOU STUPID ?

Horray for the backstory and the explanations i guess !
Captain%20Earth%20-%2006.jpg

Let me see you backstab everyone ...i know it's going to happen.
So if i understand this well , we have :
- the Kill T thing that think they are SUPERIOR BEEEEEEINGS and use
libido as a power source
..they are the main antagonists
- Globe interception faction that is mostly our heroes so far that think that fighting is the best solution
- Globe "let's get out of there" faction that just want to flee as soon as the antagonists reach earth
- The CEO of that part of globe that manipulate the "let's get out" faction in order to get a earth utopia that only he wants
but he doesn't know that he is being manipulated by the KILL T things
-An AI that will probably backstab everyone at some point
-Various individual people trying to sort this whole mess

DAMN that's a lot of thing at once for a mecha anime with only so few fights.

Clov

A child actress is playing the main girl in Barakamon, my interest is rising. The last anime I saw that had a real child actor was Hotaru no Haka or Grave of the Fireflies, this should provide some authenticity to the character. slightlyhyped.

I think Bunny Drop also had a child actress as Rin. She did a good job, I think.

Edit: Beaten, by almost 10 minutes.

Link Man

Banned
Mily Holmes 3

ibjWkkB3Ai4ZZ9.jpg

They...just discredited the bible. This series has balls.

Well, this just went :SDBurton out the wazoo.

That was lewd. But hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom