• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Hey guys, need recommendations for 1 or 2 of the current shows to follow.

I am already watching Ping Pong and Captain Earth. And Mushishi S2 will have to wait till I am caught up with the first season.

So any of the other currents shows worth watching?

One Week Friends is the only other good show from this season that you aren't watching.

TUSR

Banned

I am already watching Ping Pong and Captain Earth. And Mushishi S2 will have to wait till I am caught up with the first season.

No game no life
One week friends

And maybe black bullet

op1yrf1l.jpg

One Piece 644

Yes! Get him Lucy!

Make him pay for what he did to poor Ucy.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I keep hearing things about this show. What kind of anime is it? What is it like?

It is like if you took the film Momento and applied it to a slice of life romance anime. People thing this is endearing but I fould it to be quite dull.

cnet128

Banned
Gokukoku no Brynhildr 6

I like this new
mad scientist
guy already XD

It's nice to see
Kotori turn out to be just as sweet as she seems, and join the group
as well.
Happy birthday!

I'm just a little off-put by the general tenor of the show's treatment of discrimination. It's almost as though working extra-hard to prove you have talent to prove you have ability worthy enough to call you an elite is the ethical battle being fought here and the idea of actual equality is a belief held on to by lazy second-class people.

The discrimination may seem off putting, but at this time of age in the anime magicians are highly valuable to a countries arsenal to strengthen its power which is why magician schools are created. But since teachers for magic are limited they created a system where the best students in magic are thought by magicians while the others who aren't are thought through terminals. Reason why there called magic schools is because they want students who are strong in magic and everything else really doesn't matter. I understand where your getting at though.

JoJo, if you watched previous seasons and want more.
One week friends, if you want pure, sweet, fluffy high schoolers.
Haikyuu!, if you want a sports one.

but the good ones are Mushishi and PingPong, already mentioned by you.

Thoraxes

persecution thing, where guys are being "nice" not because they want to help the other person, but because they are trying to get something out of the relationship (sex) without being brave enough to ask for it. The GAF thread describing that "Fedora revenge" thing was hilarious. :p

The guy in One Week Friends is like that inasmuch as he expects special treatment just because he's the "first" to try to help the girl with her memories and gets jealous whenever she shows affection to anyone else.

That's the second part I couldn't figure out how to put into words. And yes, that thread was hilarious lol

The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior Episode 6
BnYVrk6CAAA550y.png

Best episode of kawaisou, anything not focused on loner-senpai turns out good and this episode proved that. Couldnt help but feel all good and happy at the outcome, and then the convo scene on the deck area, loved how they looked at each other.

Thanks, I am going to check out No Game No Life and One Week Friends to see if they are for me.

I want to say the fanservice in No Game No Life might be a bit much for you, but then I remembered you liked Oreimo, so yeah.

JoJo is also a great choice this season, though only if you watched the previous ones.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You're going to love it once you get to the powerup that track is associated with.

Or maybe I've already Youtubed it and that's how I know about the track
*Plinkett voice*

Yeah, I know I shouldn't be spoiling myself, but hell, I'm pretty sure I've done the same thing for every non-current Sentai and Rider I've ever seen. The transformations and power-ups are what usually get me hype enough to watch the show. :lol

Exalted

I'm looking for a specific anime i watched a few years back, but never finished for some reason. It has been on my mind for a while and it is really bothering me, since i can't remember it, no mather how hard i try.
I only remember some small parts of it. The anime is set in a fantasy mediaval steampunk setting, and the main protagonist is a prince or royalty of some kind, living in a mansion, and he later finds out he is actualy a clone of the real prince. In the later parts he travels the world on a mision( can't remember what) with a group of people, only remember that there was a woodland creature with him that was banished from her village and was now serving him, everything else is fuzzy.

If by any chance someone can remember this anime by just this little info , i would really help me ease my mind.

cnet128

Banned
I'm looking for a specific anime i watched a few years back, but never finished for some reason. It has been on my mind for a while and it is really bothering me, since i can't remember it, no mather how hard i try.
I only remember some small parts of it. The anime is set in a fantasy mediaval steampunk setting, and the main protagonist is a prince or royalty of some kind, living in a mansion, and he later finds out he is actualy a clone of the real prince. In the later parts he travels the world on a mision( can't remember what) with a group of people, only remember that there was a woodland creature with him that was banished from her village and was now serving him, everything else is fuzzy.

If by any chance someone can remember this anime by just this little info , i would really help me ease my mind.

Gotta be Tales of the Abyss.

Love Live! S2 6

Good job, Honoka! You certainly made an impact on me! TENNIS GIRLS = JUSTICE!

Fun episode with lots of entertaining skits. I particularly enjoyed the one where all the girls were pretending to be each other.

iavi

Ports for PC of 5pb. GAMES SCIENCE ADVENTURE TEAM projects now that Nitroplus co.,ltd., isn't involved are going to be difficult to see, as mentioned by previous unofficial translator for the STEINS;GATE adventure game that was Reading Steiner (http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/103286464/#103296127). Because of that, without the likes of the very same Reading Steiner or Blick Winkel active fan-translation work (easier to do on a platform like is PC) to take over from, and consequently saving precious resources for any company probably interested, I don't know how many would be ready to tackle a project with so, so many content necessary to adapt...

Weird. I didn't realize Nitro+ wasn't involved anymore. That might also lend credence to the issue Jast is having getting Steins;Gate on Steam.

I think it's possible to see the Vita version translated, though, still. The system, even in the west, is good for niche titles like that, as evidenced by the success of Danganronpa.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hm... And I think I'm actually starting to like Miki. :p
Really? After episode 12? Miki the worst forever.

I just watched up to episode 13 myself and she is as bad as I remember, if not worse. Obviously someone of the production team wants us to like her what with her apparently saving the concert but such ham-fisted attempts don't work on me.

Nobunaga The Fool: Episode 18: The Emperor
BnYcNTGCIAAwZCV.png

Well nothing will top this moment in anime in 2014, just, no :/
Of all the close ones to die it had to be Monkey, Hide, in such a terrible and painful manner. If only Destroyer King was stronger then, yet another Yuki Kaji role that ended in death :(

Jex

I honestly don't think so.

cajunator

Banned
I've passed that stage. Mostly because with probably 90% of media I watch it once and that's it. Of course not being able to buy the same quality thats on disc bothers me to some degree, which is why i still buy the occassional Bluray. Of course with anime (TV at least) thats not really a concern.

I rewatch tons of things so its worthwhile for me to buy the discs.

We shall bring you into the glorious digital era sooner or later.

Hell no. Digital cant even offer Ah My Goddess S1 right now. Its useless.

So who's the best anime mom?

Meme, Junko, Araragis mom off the top of my head.

Same.

I wish I could go back in time and inform my younger dumbass self to open his fucking eyes.

I didnt try it for dating cause I wasnt that desperate but I tried to make friends with EVERYONE. That just doesnt work.

Oh Sunrise
WfoXMVp.png

Hnnnnng

Guys

Is Robotics;Note any good? As massive fan of Steins

Yes its great but not as good as Steins;Gate. AKiho is a cutieeeeee. She is so genki and her hair is SQUEEEEEEEE

Onodera is best girl. Which means shes going to lose, and lose horribly. Sigh.

I'm getting horrible Ichigo 100% flashbacks :(

It is inevitable unfortunately.

Go_Ly_Dow

nothing else. shit season.

wait til summer

cajunator

Banned
I keep hearing things about this show. What kind of anime is it? What is it like?

Its like 50 first dates if Drew Barrymore was actually cute.

You're God damn right she is.

Oh wow. I like her!

The music is probably the greatest thing about Heartcatch.

Gotta be Tales of the Abyss.

Love Live! S2 6

Good job, Honoka! You certainly made an impact on me! TENNIS GIRLS = JUSTICE!

Fun episode with lots of entertaining skits. I particularly enjoyed the one where all the girls were pretending to be each other.

Evidence points to yes.
(NSFW tag just in case)
http://aponya.ru/image/133405/ai-yo...da-naoto-pantsu-sakuraba-aoi-screening-tennis

Quasar

Mekakucity Actors 5 - liked this episode. The threads come together and group is formed. Ene continues to be awesome. So I guess the dead leader is the girl Shintaro has forgotten about except in dreams. Curious to know where this is going and what the band plans to do.

cnet128

Banned
Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara 6

IMOUTO GET. I must confess I was a little disappointed by her cuteness levels, which were significantly lower than I had hoped, but eh. It's still a loli imouto. I'm not going to say no.

Impressed by Megumu's ability to remain gender-ambiguous even in a swimsuit. Also "impressed" by this show's ability to sneak in confusing story drama in between the madcap harem antics.

cajunator

Banned
Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara 6

IMOUTO GET. I must confess I was a little disappointed by her cuteness levels, which were significantly lower than I had hoped, but eh. It's still a loli imouto. I'm not going to say no.

Impressed by Megumu's ability to remain gender-ambiguous even in a swimsuit. Also "impressed" by this show's ability to sneak in confusing story drama in between the madcap harem antics.

I need to see the evidence.

Escha and Logy - 5

Dawwwwww.....:)

This was a really sweet episode. Escha and Logy helping out a young girl trying to make medicine. I had a huge smile on my face by the end of this episode when
her Dad, who had went against her medicine making goals at first, came around and sent her that letter that said he was proud of her.

I want more episodes like this one. So cute.

Cardfight!! Vanguard: Link Joker Episode 131 (engDUB)

Only thing I have to question is Ren's team dynamics if even someone that helped win at nationals can be tossed out of the team, though cfvanguard is a major event so perhaps it can be justified. But in a real world setting of friends, I dont think theyd do it that way. Then again it did seem like Team Quadrofolio had to deal with it too, so hm :(. Anyway Яeversed Asuka seems weaker than her usual self, liked her more in the girl power fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom