• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain earth - 06
So creepy guy was defeated
with a boomerang ??
whatever works i guess.

Tell me CEO, when you say it's only working with my DNA ..are you forgetting your children in the equation on purpose ? or ARE YOU STUPID ?

Horray for the backstory and the explanations i guess !

So if i understand this well , we have :
- the Kill T thing that think they are SUPERIOR BEEEEEEINGS and use
libido as a power source
..they are the main antagonists
- Globe interception faction that is mostly our heroes so far that think that fighting is the best solution
- Globe "let's get out of there" faction that just want to flee as soon as the antagonists reach earth
- The CEO of that part of globe that manipulate the "let's get out" faction in order to get a earth utopia that only he wants
but he doesn't know that he is being manipulated by the KILL T things
-An AI that will probably backstab everyone at some point
-Various individual people trying to sort this whole mess

DAMN that's a lot of thing at once for a mecha anime with only so few fights.

That's why you should never trust an A.I. Life lesson y'all.

Joe Molotov

HappinessCharge Precure 14

NBPH91F.jpg
qUyakQe.jpg

wow
such lovely
so pretty
yay kawaii

Nisekoi 18

That first 5-10 minutes made me embarrassed. Not really a fan of such over the top fanservice but otherwise solid episode. Raku is a real dumbass but hes a harem MC afterall so whatever. Good to see Onodera move forward a little.

Mr.Jeff

A child actress is playing the main girl in Barakamon, my interest is rising. The last anime I saw that had a real child actor was Hotaru no Haka or Grave of the Fireflies, this should provide some authenticity to the character. slightlyhyped.
Wasn't the actress for Murasaki in kurenai pretty young at the time?

iavi

Much better than Stein's:Gate, a better story, better visuals, and better music.

It has some nice characters but I didn't think it was that great. Steins blows it out of the water, I think.

Nah.....

Should've fine to watch as long kept expectation in check though.

Thanks for the impressions, fellas.

So, it's an enjoyable romp with some standout aspects, but is a good bit back and forth on its overall package--like anything, but moreso nah the yes in this case--is what I'm gathering. Shit, I'll take it.

I wish the game was available in, or on its way in English.

TUSR

Banned
Nisekoi 18

That first 5-10 minutes made me embarrassed. Not really a fan of such over the top fanservice but otherwise solid episode. Raku is a real dumbass but hes a harem MC afterall so whatever. Good to see Onodera move forward a little.
Onodera might be best girl.

Marika didn't have enough screen time :(

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii - 06

I really like this show so it pains me when I have to skip scenes because of that cheesy song.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
HeartCatch Precure 11

Pretty fun episode, though strangely lacking in kung-fu for being based around...well, kung-fu.

And man, the ED dance/song is so catchy. I can't bring myself to skip it.

The world is still beautifull - 06

Not a bad episode , i really thought it would be worse than what i got ...

I really like the chemistry between livy and nike.

And i'm extra glad that this 3rd wheel got taken care of quickly.

But the preview did raise some question on where this show will go next.

Haikyuu! - 06

This one was a bit weaker than the previous ones. Half the episode was the MC being nervous as hell until he got over it, and I hope that the series won't insist over the "king of the court" reputation of the other character and how he has changed now every time a new character or rival appears. A pair of times is fine, but I don't want to hear it any more when they'll reach episode 20 or whatever.

iavi

Good but not as great as steins

Game is miles better than the anime.

:(

I can't play that shit in Japanese, bruh. Robotics; Note Elite is hitting the Vita in June, though, and I just binged up Aksys' twitter about it. Maybe someone will take it on. We've been getting a lot of VN localizations lately.

/XX/

Guys

Is Robotics;Note any good? As massive fan of Steins
Much better than Stein's:Gate, a better story, better visuals, and better music.
One thing is for sure; I liked very much its main theme for the soundtrack, and many of the scenes from the first-half of the show associated with it:

Robotics;Notes TV Anime OST - Robotics;Notes (Yuki Hayashi) - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ5IfryrCVs

Onodera might be best girl.

Marika didn't have enough screen time :(
Yes... Yes! Come on over to the Onodera team. We have cookies and nice warm love of the sweet Onodera.
Doodledera, Cat-dera y SHAFT-dera make for a good argument in your favour.

Although you should all forget about such petty discussions and wait for the moment in which SHAFT includes somehow THE THREE POSTCARD MUSKETEERS, cast for the role of some stalkers in the series. Best potential characters!

La corda d'oro - Blue Sky - Episode 6

Everytime the focus is on Kinoshita it just feels boring and dull, but when Kyoya gets involved, things perk up. His personality, and anger and drama and even tears of sadness make him a better lead in terms of expression and everything.
that ending surprise even

The anime makes me wish for an adaptation of Shonen Jump's Soul Catcher(s), the moments during the performance in this episode of Blue Sky really made me think a Soul Catcher(s) one would be good to see.

hipbabboom

Yo bro.. YO BRO...

You know that discrimination you felt a while back? It was all a misunderstanding brah!

All those people claiming discrimination... probably cause misunderstands.

One Week Friends 6
Well now we know more on her memory loss.
I expect the trauma causing the memory loss is that prior to the accident she had a close friend that hurt her greatly either by leaving or getting in a massive fight

Seikoku no dragonar - 06

Ah ah ah LOOOOOL

oh yeah let's just
take people hostage , make mom faint and destroy a church , just so your sister grows up a little
, trully the ways of tha valkyrie are nonsense to me.

Oh this arc is over... An arc that wasn't without consequences considering ...
Seikoku%20no%20Dragonar%20-%2006.jpg

Target LOCK-ON ...

that THIS will happen more frequently....can't wait.

Yo bro.. YO BRO...

You know that discrimination you felt a while back? It was all a misunderstanding brah!

All those people claiming discrimination... probably cause misunderstands.

If your taking about the misunderstanding in Mahouka with Mibu, it's more than that if you look further into context like I said earlier. Especially the way you hear Kirihara the dude with the sword at the end say that Mibu wouldn't join them unless they did something to her.

/XX/

:(

I can't play that shit in Japanese, bruh. Robotics; Note Elite is hitting the Vita in June, though, and I just binged up Aksys' twitter about it. Maybe someone will take it on. We've been getting a lot of VN localizations lately.
Ports for PC of 5pb. GAMES SCIENCE ADVENTURE TEAM projects now that Nitroplus co.,ltd., isn't involved are going to be difficult to see, as mentioned by previous unofficial translator for the STEINS;GATE adventure game that was Reading Steiner (http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/103286464/#103296127). Because of that, without the likes of the very same Reading Steiner or Blick Winkel active fan-translation work (easier to do on a platform like is PC) to take over from, and consequently saving precious resources for any company probably interested, I don't know how many would be ready to tackle a project with so, so many content necessary to adapt...

hipbabboom

If your taking about the misunderstanding in Mahouka with Mibu, it's more than that if you look further into context like I said earlier. Especially the way you hear Kirihara the dude with the sword at the end say that Mibu wouldn't join them unless they did something to her.

I'm just a little off-put by the general tenor of the show's treatment of discrimination. It's almost as though working extra-hard to prove you have talent to prove you have ability worthy enough to call you an elite is the ethical battle being fought here and the idea of actual equality is a belief held on to by lazy second-class people.

Dennis

Banned
Hey guys, need recommendations for 1 or 2 of the current shows to follow.

I am already watching Ping Pong and Captain Earth. And Mushishi S2 will have to wait till I am caught up with the first season.

So any of the other currents shows worth watching?

Clov

Hey guys, need recommendations for 1 or 2 of the current shows to follow.

I am already watching Ping Pong and Captain Earth. And Mushishi S2 will have to wait till I am caught up with the first season.

So any of the other currents shows worth watching?

Ping Pong and Mushishi are the two really great shows this season, so I can't really recommend anything outside of them. Then again, it depends on your taste.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
HeartCatch Precure 12

Pretty standard episode, though Tsubomi getting all flustered about getting the couple back together was cute. Also Shypre and Coffret being total bros with that breathing reed.

hipbabboom

Take a stab at:
  • No Game No Life - You'll know if you like this in the first episode probably.
  • Baby Steps - Hasn't offended me yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom