• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people saying this? Mothers day was in March???

Nah. February ;P

The mom in The World God Only Knows is funny:
7DrBKkh.jpg

axNj2Fp.jpg

Really? After episode 12? Miki the worst forever.

I just watched up to episode 13 myself and she is as bad as I remember, if not worse. Obviously someone of the production team wants us to like her what with her apparently saving the concert but such ham-fisted attempts don't work on me.

Yes. Even after episode 12. She's pretty selfish and the way she refers to herself in third person is annoying + she's calling the producer honey now, which is also annoying, but I still slightly like her. Not saying she's my favorite though.

Hell no. Digital cant even offer Ah My Goddess S1 right now. Its useless.

It's actually back up on Hulu, but not dubbed, so I dunno what happened. License was supposedly expired.

Midonin

Fairy Musketeers 01-03

The first two episodes covered the same general ground as the OVA, and even kept the bat and the spider as the first two MotWs. Most of what I said about the OVA applies to here. As a TV series, the animation doesn't look as polished, and the biggest change is definitely the Sweet Phones. Being retooled into a magical girl series meant having to sell merchandise, and those mini-cards being plugged in (the stock footage runs on a little long at points) serve a clear purpose. I've gotten used to this sort of thing, so it doesn't really faze me. Yukarin and Kugyuu are still a perfect fit for their roles, and we have Nobuyuki Hiyama as a wolf. That's pretty cool.

This franchise also has one of the more assertive versions of Snow White I've seen. She's overall more competent than Red, and surprisingly doesn't have anything involving the number "7" or small people associated with her yet. This is three cours, so there's plenty of time for that to change. Like that she has an attack called "Stairway to Heaven". OP and ED are both fine, and Erika/
Gretel
is the first real sign that things are being expanded on and shaken up from the pilot.

cnet128

Banned
every precure looks the god damn same and those childrens faces prove it

...Yeah, that's pretty demonstrably false. Insert picture of any Heartcatch Cure + any other Cure here.

Isshuukan Friends 6

Well, that was a fairly appropriate episode for Mother's Day. even if real Mother's Day was in March

It's kind of terrifying just how best girl Saki is. This was already the best show of the season even before she showed up, so how can she be so much better than everything else in it?!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That's the second part I couldn't figure out how to put into words. And yes, that thread was hilarious lol
That stuff about how he'll get a high paying job while she's too busy being pregnant because she slept with "bad boys" was so precious. Fucking Fedoras. lol

---

One Week Friends 6
WHY ISN'T SHE SEEING A PSYCHIATRIST?!

3F90TZkl.jpg

On a different note, it has never occurred to me to rip the stems off of bean sprouts before eating them. Green beans, sure, but bean sprouts? That's gotta be some tiger mom style cooking.

Hattori

Banned
...Yeah, that's pretty demonstrably false. Insert picture of any Heartcatch Cure + any other Cure here.

Isshuukan Friends 6

Well, that was a fairly appropriate episode for Mother's Day. even if real Mother's Day was in March

It's kind of terrifying just how best girl Saki is. This was already the best show of the season even before she showed up, so how can she be so much better than everything else in it?!
He does have a point...
xD

One Week HHHNNNGGGGGSSSSSSS 6

8gVpBGq.gif

Mom Fujimiya is awesome. Usually I hate characters like Saki (aka 420-chan) but I found her absolutely adorable and cute in this show. She just doesnt give a damn and does whatever she feels like doing. Shou "Realtalk" Go needs to be a little less cold towards people and I like how Sakis is pushing him to get out of his comfort zone of being the cold guy.

We also finally know the reasons behind Fujimiya's condition.
I guess something happened with her friends before her accident so shes repressing everything about them. Hope we learn about the exact incident.

I also didnt really understand the name for the next episode. Huh?

Anyways, another fantastic episode. The last part with
Kaori hugging the poster she made about the diary and Hase
was just....dawwwwwwww. Lovely show.

Lastly, Kaori's journal entry for this weeks episode:
Hase-kun, Saki-chan, and Kiryuu-kun came to my house today.
My mom seemed really surprised that I invited them over so suddenly, it was a little awkward when she talked about baking a cake for us.
I discovered a few new things today. Saki-chan loves melon bread, and Kiryuu-kun likes shoujo manga. That was really unexpected, a 'shoujo-manga-loving-Kiryuu-kun'. He might not be so scary after all...
Thanks to Saki-chan, I was able to chat a bit with Kiryuu-kun. Thank you, Saki-chan.
I was really glad to have my friends come over. This is also all thanks to Hase-kun. It was because of him that I was able to make friends with both Kiryuu-kun and Saki-chan. I feel so grateful to him, I really want to tell him thank you.
There is one thing I'm worried about. Hase-kun doesn't even remember formulas we did in freshman year. I wonder if he'll be okay for tomorrow's make-up test...

Midonin

Tonari no Seki-kun 19

So Rumi likes the glasses look. While the black lenses were pretty good (I also liked the red comic book-y ones), maybe he should've just gone full Elton John.

cajunator

Banned
Nah. February ;P

The mom in The World God Only Knows is funny:

Yes. Even after episode 12. She's pretty selfish and the way she refers to herself in third person is annoying + she's calling the producer honey now, which is also annoying, but I still slightly like her. Not saying she's my favorite though.

It's actually back up on Hulu, but not dubbed, so I dunno what happened. License was supposedly expired.

Proof that digital is inferior. People can argue that physical stuff goes oop too but legacy copies exist that you can still purchase. Once a show license is lost its just gone from streaming. Ill never surrender.

That stuff about how he'll get a high paying job while she's too busy being pregnant because she slept with "bad boys" was so precious. Fucking Fedoras. lol

---

One Week Friends 6

3F90TZkl.jpg

On a different note, it has never occurred to me to rip the stems off of bean sprouts before eating them. Green beans, sure, but bean sprouts? That's gotta be some tiger mom style cooking.

Fucking fedoras indeed. But why fedoras? What made fedoras catch on of all things? They look dopey.

Fireblend

Banned
One Week Friends 6

They should find a psychiatrist for Hase as well while they're at it; he's developing one hell of a dependency issue on top of his already well-established obsessive disorder.

Suspension of deisbelief issues aside, I'm really enjoying the show. It warms my heart.

Woah, I didn't know this was a thing!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Every Jojo character is just a muscular man with delicate facial features.

DO I FIT IN YET?!?!!?!?

one week friends 6

visit girl's room?

doki doki.

Get hit by car, forget friends.

please be something dark and grulesome.

otherwise i'd be disappointed somehow.

survivor

Banned
I keep hearing things about this show. What kind of anime is it? What is it like?

Like others said, it's just a pretty relaxed romance slice of life anime with cheerful atmosphere. Only bad thing is everything relating to the amnesia plot is dumb, but it's serviceable enough to create the drama for most of the episodes.

Quasar

One Week Friends 6

That was my reaction to watamote.

This though. Its a teen romance so it never crossed my mind, my expectation being Hase and her new friends will help her overcome her mental block.

That said, given how nice her mum is I choose to belive that was tried and failed.

Maybe Japan isn't a culture like the US where use of mental health professionals is common. I'm not really sure I've seen psychiatrists in anime before.

Andrew J.

Samurai Flamenco 04

I finally found what

I was looking for

A place where I can

Be without remorse

Because I am a

A stranger who has found an even stranger war

I finally found what

I was looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.