• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clov

Like others said, it's just a pretty relaxed romance slice of life anime with cheerful atmosphere. Only bad thing is everything relating to the amnesia plot is dumb, but it's serviceable enough to create the drama for most of the episodes.

Ehh, based on the impressions here I might skip it, maybe add it to a long backlist of shows I have to watch. Not really a priority, though.

Only reason I checked out KGNE back when I was 15 or something was because it was rated #2 on Animenfo. It was fuckin boring!

Of course, this was also a time when I couldn't watch any anime that wasn't either really shouneny or really absurd (like Sexy Commando).

JoeFu

Banned
One Week Friends 6

ibhSNWWiHGXru8.png

omfg i love this show

Fujimiya is just too freaking cute.

Zeppeli

Banned
That was my reaction to watamote.

This though. Its a teen romance so it never crossed my mind, my expectation being Hase and her new friends will help her overcome her mental block.

That said, given how nice her mum is I choose to belive that was tried and failed.

Maybe Japan isn't a culture like the US where use of mental health professionals is common. I'm not really sure I've seen psychiatrists in anime before.

It's not common in North America, either. Lots of people use them but I'd go out on a limb and say the vast majority of people who need psychiatric help don't get it.

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou 6
A natural sadist loli. I would say that's new but in all likelihood, it probably isn't.
The device was very complicated

cajunator

Banned
If the Pizza was an official Pizza Hut product placement, I might be able to approve of this.

The pizza is weird but otherwise the changes just make more sense to young us viewers in the context of the show. Kids in the us dont typically use chopsticks or see fountains of tears like that. Those little changes dont affect the product or change the message.

The pizza is weird but otherwise the changes just make more sense to young us viewers in the context of the show. Kids in the us dont typically use chopsticks or see fountains of tears like that. Those little changes dont affect the product or change the message.

i don't think the fountain of tears are harmless changes .. i agree that the tears are a harmless detail on the scene , but if so why the need to change it ?

And i'm pretty sure that changing a medical kit to a pizza actually change the meaning of the scene entirely ...

Clov

Awkward choice to do dvd only on.

From what I've heard, at least for anime in Europe DVDs tend to sell way better than Blu-Rays. I can't remember where I read it, but I heard Blu-Ray only accounted for something like 30% of anime sales? Or maybe that was just the UK? I can't remember. It might explain why it's DVD only though.

cajunator

Banned
i don't think the fountain of tears are harmless changes .. i agree that the tears are a harmless detail on the scene , but if so why the need to change it ?

And i'm pretty sure that changing a medical kit to a pizza actually change the meaning of the scene entirely ...

The only meaning change is the pizza. Everything else absolutely had to change and is better for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom