• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
HeartCatch Precure 13

Some nice backstory on
Cure Moonlight
, and another showdown with
Dark Precure
. In which
the main goddamn villain of the show inadvertently(?) saves the Precure because reasons
. Still, really good episode.

Nisekoi 18
nisekoi-episode-18-14.jpg
Thoughts during episode:
- Shu you are the man. I bow before you.
- Chitoge fan service. Ugh.
- Starting to dig this OP. It grew on me.
- "Nice guys finish last that's why I'll treat you like trash." This is now Raku's moto I made for him.
- Oh my goodness. Onodera. You are perfect.
- Raku does not deserve any of these girls. None of them.
- Mari just earned herself some points there. Nice going Mari.
- Ruri and Shu moments are back. Love these two so much.
- Chitoge doesn't deserve to be with anyone either. Such a gorilla.
- This show pairs these two up way too much. Mari's reaction was great though.
- No why? Why can't Raku be like this with Onodera. This guy is a bonafide Baka!!!
- Onodera: Sandcastle Jedi
- Wha..... That's my girl Onodera!!!!!! Yeah!!
- That last part was a cliffhanger on a chapter huh? So it would entice people to keep going.
- BULLSHIT!!!!!
Chitoge can hear her from a half a mile away but Raku falls asleep. He would never do that to her.
This is some bullshit! What a cop-out.
- Really? What a freakin waste! Even Chitoge is
playing dumb
. Poor sweet Onodera. She doesn't deserve this.
- This f***ing show.
Disrespects Onodera and gives Chitoge every single Fing chance to move closer to Raku
. My blood is boiling.
- If you really value Onodera as a friend you would break up with Raku, Chitoge!
- Is this a "Lets put Chitoge as far into the lead as possible" episode. I need an episode 16 again. :/
- Raku is destined to be alone forever. My moto for him totally stands this episode. I don't like Chitoge and hopefully Onodera can use this opportunity to her advantage but that wouldn't be like her, unfortunately. She's too nice for her own good. Anyways, even Chitoge didn't deserve that kind of response from him.
- There's a lot going on after the ED.
- Raku deserves that response. He's a total idiot.
- Oh wow..... that end card is very... Yeah.... (NSFW)

Summary:
I am gonna dub this episode as "Raku acts like a douche to everyone and proves he doesn't deserve happiness". Honestly the only person benefiting from this episode is Mari. She's the only one Raku didn't screw up with. This episode is ridiculous. Seeing how most of the fanbase is Chitoge and Onodera fans this episode did nothing but fan service for the first few minutes then crash and burn in a ravine. Still kind of seething at how dumb Raku is. He has gotten progressively dumber as the show has gone on.

I usually at least enjoy the episode. This one made me more mad and upset rather than making me laugh and enjoy it. Just so dumb.

cajunator

Banned
Nisekoi 18

Thoughts during episode:
- Shu you are the man. I bow before you.
- Starting to dig this OP. It grew on me.
- "Nice guys finish last that's why I'll treat you like trash." This is now Raku's moto I made for him.
- Raku does not deserve any of these girls. None of them.
- Mari just earned herself some points there. Nice going Mari.
- Ruri and Shu moments are back. Love these two so much.
- This show pairs these two up way too much. Mari's reaction was great though.
- No why? Why can't Raku be like this with Onodera. This guy is a bonafide Baka!!!
- Onodera: Sandcastle Jedi
- Wha..... That's my girl Onodera!!!!!! Yeah!!
- That last part was a cliffhanger on a chapter huh? So it would entice people to keep going.
- BULLSHIT!!!!!
Chitoge can hear her from a half a mile away but Raku falls asleep. He would never do that to her.
This is some bullshit! What a cop-out.
playing dumb
- This f***ing show.
Disrespects Onodera and gives Chitoge every single Fing chance to move closer to Raku
. My blood is boiling.
- If you really value Onodera as a friend you would break up with Raku, Chitoge!
- Is this a "Lets put Chitoge as far into the lead as possible" episode. I need an episode 16 again. :/
- Raku is destined to be alone forever. My moto for him totally stands this episode. I don't like Chitoge and hopefully Onodera can use this opportunity to her advantage but that wouldn't be like her, unfortunately. She's too nice for her own good. Anyways, even Chitoge didn't deserve that kind of response from him.
- There's a lot going on after the ED.
- Raku deserves that response. He's a total idiot.
- Oh wow..... that end card is very... Yeah.... (NSFW)

Summary:
I am gonna dub this episode as "Raku acts like a douche to everyone and proves he doesn't deserve happiness". Honestly the only person benefiting from this episode is Mari. She's the only one Raku didn't screw up with. This episode is ridiculous. Seeing how most of the fanbase is Chitoge and Onodera fans this episode did nothing but fan service for the first few minutes then crash and burn in a ravine. Still kind of seething at how dumb Raku is. He has gotten progressively dumber as the show has gone on.

I usually at least enjoy the episode. This one made me more mad and upset rather than making me laugh and enjoy it. Just so dumb.

Onodera is so fucking perfect. Some would say a bit too perfect so they dont like her but they are just wrong anyway.

Eusis

I'm kind of curious to see just how heavy handed TV broadcast restrictions are for kids shows, though I guess it could be just Disney making all those calls. I understand they want to promote healthier eating and the like but I question how much editing that out does, nevermind that ridiculous pizza/first aid kit thing.

Why the hell are tears verboten?

Why is a first aid kit being replaced with a pizza?

They probably had a reason. Adapting shows for kids isnt as easy as just bringing the show over. Parents get outraged over various things.

I think it's highly unlikely that parents would be offended by any of those things. What parent is going to complain about people eating with chopsticks on TV?

Besides, making a change just to avoid offending a couple of crazies makes no sense. None of these are things any reasonable person would have an objection to (and how many of those crazies would be watching Disney XD of all channels anyway?).

madp

The Light of El Cantare
They probably had a reason. Adapting shows for kids isnt as easy as just bringing the show over. Parents get outraged over various things.

Of course they had a reason, but the whole reason it's being questioned is because it's a clear non-sequitur with no obvious justification.

Kazzy

Why does it matter?

Because whether or not the changes are well-intentioned, is kind of irrelevant, because a lot of people will see them as perfunctory and unnecessary.

Also, it's kind of weird that Doraemon, being the cultural touchstone that it is, would be changed in ways that mass it less Japanese.

cajunator

Banned
Because whether or not the changes are well-intentioned, is kind of irrelevant, because a lot of people will see them as perfunctory and unnecessary.

Also, it's kind of weird that Doraemon, being the cultural touchstone that it is, would be changed in ways that mass it less Japanese.

I agree that its stupid to even try to bring it to a us audience but this is how it has to be done for kids to identify with it. Kids (and a lot of adults) cant even identify us states and cities let alone be expected to understand the cultural differences of an entirely different group of people.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Brynhildr in the Darkness - 06

Gawd I can't stand dense MCs! This idiot had one job: Help usher these moe witches with short life-spans into adulthood by introducing them to the joys of womanhood; but he can't even do that right even though one female character is practically serving it up to him.

What a waste! :(

Kazzy

I agree that its stupid to even try to bring it to a us audience but this is how it has to be done for kids to identify with it. Kids (and a lot of adults) cant even identify us states and cities let alone be expected to understand the cultural differences of an entirely different group of people.

*Sigh*

Well, I guess it did educate me in the ways of what a real donut is!

3xfCu2f.png

survivor

Banned
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou 6

Pretty bad episode. Shows the anime's main problem which is all attempts at creating relatable drama and serious moments come off heavily contrived and just hard to care about. And the comedy has been mostly hit and miss. So now I'm asking myself whether the futile hope of cake winning is worth it to see this through to the end. Probably not.

One Week Friends 6

Looks like new girl isn't entirely here to be the wedge between the two leads, so I don't dislike her as much as I used to. Also looks like Fujimiya really cares about Hase, that's sweet. Even the mom gives her approval. Hase kun go go go

madp

The Light of El Cantare

How are tears a cultural difference?

Quasar

One Week Friends 6

Looks like new girl isn't entirely here to be the wedge between the two leads, so I don't dislike her as much as I used to. Also looks like Fujimiya really cares about Hase, that's sweet. Even the mom gives her approval. Hase kun go go go

Yeah. I liked this episode a whole bunch.

Black Hat

Nisekoi 18

Thoughts during episode:
playing dumb
- This f***ing show.
. My blood is boiling.

Onodera is so fucking perfect. Some would say a bit too perfect so they dont like her but they are just wrong anyway.

FAcxLXO.png

Branduil

One Week Friends 6

i5ejocnCfd388.jpg
iSUTi0DVjq3GY.jpg

More FrieNTR!

This show is earnest and emotionally open enough to get away with stuff that doesn't make much sense, like the amnesia thing. Of course I expect the eventual explanation to be silly, but as long as it keeps using it for emotional "healing" rather than Okada-esque melodrama I'll be okay with that.

cajunator

Banned
One Week Friends 6

This show is earnest and emotionally open enough to get away with stuff that doesn't make much sense, like the amnesia thing. Of course I expect the eventual explanation to be silly, but as long as it keeps using it for emotional "healing" rather than Okada-esque melodrama I'll be okay with that.

Shes too pure to be anything more than friends anyway. Wouldnt want to break her heart.

Black Hat

Pretty bad episode. Shows the anime's main problem which is all attempts at creating relatable drama and serious moments come off heavily contrived and just hard to care about. And the comedy has been mostly hit and miss. So now I'm asking myself whether the futile hope of cake winning is worth it to see this through to the end. Probably not.

I think boring-senpai has this one pretty much wrapped up.

iavi

For a completely random note

I had forgotten how good the first ep of Gundam Unicorn was. Just re-watched it. Dat Hiroyuki.

Why would you have any hope for cake winning? There's not a chance in hell of it happening.

And for the humor, there was one funny episode, other than that, the comedy has mostly missed for me. I'm not sure why I keep watching it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
One Week Friends 6
You do realize why Saki is there, right?

Tonari no Seki-kun 19

FDpjnNkl.jpg

Better megane show than Meganebu!

Haikyuu!! 06

jWwgzJKl.jpg

Of course boy and girl relationship causes the shounen protag to short circuit in a sports shounen.

Atelier Escha & Logy - Alchemist of the Dusk Sky 05

Ks7Jp5Wl.jpg

Better episode this week since it focused on characters relevant to the plot. Of course it basically smashed all her characters event from the start of the year to the end so off she goes to become a background character for the rest of the adaptation, never to be relevant again.

Puchimas!! 36

A day and the life of the human alarm clock.

Ace of Diamond 31

And now fight a monkey.

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou 06

Sadistic loli wasn't bad.

Ginga e Kickoff!! 15

Kobayashi needs to be freaking out in the middle of the games.

Isshuukan Friends 06

Well I guess we find out why of the memory lost. Eh, the whole trying to make Kiryuu smile was more enjoyable.

survivor

Banned
I think boring-senpai has this one pretty much wrapped up.

Why would you have any hope for cake winning? There's not a chance in hell of it happening.
must have faith no matter how helpless and obvious who will win in the end :(

And for the humor, there was one funny episode, other than that, the comedy has mostly missed for me. I'm not sure why I keep watching it.
Comedy hasn't been consistent and I was mostly watching it for the romance, but after 6 episodes, it's just not going anywhere and I lost all interest in them now.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Baby Steps Episode 6:

Ah yes, I really do think this is the best sports show going this season as it is striking the right balance between character and sport and is also not lacking in the production values. Anyway, this week we get an in-depth look at what makes our ace in training tick and I just really dig the fact that we have a protagonist whose talent is being defined in the realm of maths and physics.

Baby Steps Episode 6:

Ah yes, I really do think this is the best sports show going this season as it is striking the right balance between character and sport and is also not lacking in the production values. Anyway, this week we get an in-depth look at what makes our ace in training tick and I just really dig the fact that we have a protagonist whose talent is being defined in the realm of maths and physics.

And just think that the manga is much better.

Most likely they would be released by whoever licenses the new show. Thats what Im hoping.

Guess you missed/forgot the news article about what Shawne Kleckner was rickrolling from the video Theonik posted. I remember the article on Right Stuf's homepage being edited later that day due to the backlash, but here's the Twitter update mentioning "news" of Sailor Moon Blu-rays (
which was obviously fake
).

https://twitter.com/animetoday/status/408272140459601921

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom