• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clov

Hopefully soon. The series should be done as of this March.
I'd imagine we'll get movie re-announcements soon.

They should have it. It's more laziness on their part. Like how their Sailor Moon movie DVDs are based on 2nd/3rd gen tape masters, whereas the Italian DVD is based on first generation 35mm scans.

I really hope you're right, you've no idea how happy I would be to have the movies in HD.

As for Toei, WOW that's terrible. I hope someone does a proper, HD restoration on the series, even if Toei doesn't.

Actually I am curious... how long can it possibly take to fix a dumb locket? In Nisekoi it broke like 5-7 episodes ago. A whole summer vacation has pasted. How is it not fixed yet?

Best character's bday love, #neverforget.
BncsYdhCAAAMOD9.jpg

Defuser

Actually I am curious... how long can it possibly take to fix a dumb locket? In Nisekoi it broke like 5-7 episodes ago. A whole summer vacation has pasted. How is it not fixed yet?

If going by the pacing. It will be repaired in season 2 if they ever have a sequel lol

How do you guys keep up with all this new anime.

I'm still watching Bleach and shit...ughh

A lot of us are watching on going series and stuff which typically only have a single episode premiering a week. Where as your time (I'm assuming) is spent watching that single series a lot of ours can be spread out because there isn't all that much material to watch from a series in any one week.

Midonin

Mangaka 06

One continuous story this time, and it's a beach/hot springs episode. Nothing was actually shown, but it was definitely the lewdest thing I've seen this season. Of course Yuki would reserve a place with mixed bathing and only one hotel room.

Brynhildr 6

Looks like they skipped some hanging out with the other classmates, which is fine since it doesn't do much. Either way, they're really blowing through material here.

Clov

Funimation got the Home Video rights for:

High School DxD New (early 2015 release)
Hyperdimension Neptunia (Winter release)

Somewhat surprised that NISA didn't get Neptunia. I also wonder when the next announcement from Funimation that I care about will be. I'm always waiting in vain to see if they'll finally do a sub-only release for The Tatami Galaxy (as I'm sure they don't think it's worth dubbing), and each and every announcement I end up disappointed.

Patema Inverted

Nice fantasy adventure movie that tries to harken back that sense of wonder that only a few classic movies and series succeed. And hey, they got that part right. There is a nice sense of wonder and adventure.
Alas, it isn't that great of a film. First, just 7-10 minutes more of character interaction at the beginning between the main character would have improved a lot their relation, established better the characters and explained the motivation for the MC to risk his life; but the movie goes in a strict schedule, running in the typical length of 95 minutes. Even if there is barely any secondary character that is more than sketched, apart from the two MCs and the bad guy, there is only 3 secondary characters, and they have a totally perfunctory role in the story. There was a "childhood friend" type of girl in the class of the guy that I thought maybe it wold play a role, but not, she has a phrase to say later and that's it.
And second, too many minutes of the movie are dominated by the bad guy. Because of course they needed a bad guy. But what a boring, flat, super evil, histrionic bad guy. Darth Vader and his stormtroopers were happy hippies in comparison.
I think they went with the idea of making an evil guy that people would "love to hate", but it's too extreme, too cartoon villain to be taken seriously. He is constantly closing his hands in menacing ways or laughing evilly, etc.

Now, a little drawing I did explaining the story to a Spanish friend (sorry for the Spanish text!).
SPOILER, DON'T CLICK!
http://i.imgur.com/LLfzJpv.png
SPOILER, DON'T CLICK!

The funny thing is, what happened was one of my pet theories when I saw the promotional OVA ("maybe the real inverted ones are.. THE OTHER GUYS!" and the real ground is the caves of the hidden ones, and the outside sky is like the Truman's Show!). Btw, another one was "they are really in a big ass space station, not in Earth! there is no real or "right" gravity!". But after seeing the first seconds of the movie, I discarded the idea, thinking that the experiment was real and stuff really fell upside to the sky and it all coincided with the first minutes of the film at straight value so no need to complicate it. Heh.

In any case, a nice twist explaining everything, that improved the whole film in the last minute.

Well the locket being broken was a plot device to prevent anyone to conclude or to be a winner.. so the author is gonna put it aside as much as possible considering it's supposed to be "unique" ( nice escuse )

Well i watch only the things i enjoy
Simple methode but quite effective.

Funimation got the Home Video rights for:

High School DxD New (early 2015 release)
Hyperdimension Neptunia (Winter release)
Bought. ( as long as it's released in UK/europe )

Somewhat surprised that NISA didn't get Neptunia. I also wonder when the next announcement from Funimation that I care about will be. I'm always waiting in vain to see if they'll finally do a sub-only release for The Tatami Galaxy (as I'm sure they don't think it's worth dubbing), and each and every announcement I end up disappointed.
I'm actually very surprised.

Never, ever ever ever watch long running, never stopping Shonen anime. You'd be much better serviced and it'd take way less time, plus be much better to just read the manga.
If it's something like Ippo or Hunter x Hunter, then the anime is fine enough because they haven't been running since like 1999 and have to put filler in to not catch up to the also never ending manga

Midonin

M3 04

Heito is really creepy. I like that the prologue was followed up on to some degree, but it's still being vague about what exactly is going on with this. Whatever it is, the shadowy board of directors is pleased.

santeesioux

Never, ever ever ever watch long running, never stopping Shonen anime. You'd be much better serviced and it'd take way less time, plus be much better to just read the manga.
If it's something like Ippo or Hunter x Hunter, then the anime is fine enough because they haven't been running since like 1999 and have to put filler in to not catch up to the also never ending manga

I wonder how many people have been watching One Piece from the start.

Eusis

Gintama's one of those exceptions I assume? At least I see it received well enough (and, well, it's not running NOW) but it still has a formidable episode count.

I wonder how many people have been watching One Piece from the start.

I've been reading the manga for a good, long time. I will say that there are moments to check in and see how they adapted a certain thing, because sometimes the budget manages to momentarily increase past nothing.

Gintama's one of those exceptions I assume? At least I see it received well enough (and, well, it's not running NOW) but it still has a formidable episode count.

Can't comment because I haven't read or watched Gintama, but I think you're right. People seem to like it a lot.

The Idolmaster 16

This is gonna be a really sad episode isn't it? Oh, wait, no it's not.

So the evil Ash driver and the rest of 961 Production are up to no good, but luckily Hamtaro Hamzou and the rest of the animals saves the day.

Midonin

Love Live! S2 06

The only thing I knew about this going into it was the KISS sequence. That certainly delivered. The "everyone acts like everyone else" scene was also pretty funny - Hanayo can do a pretty decent 252. I think the amount of jokes at Nico's expense has only increased this season. She was ignored by the reporter and shoved into the kendo suit. As far as Halloween idol performances go, this was more of one that Rainbow Live's - the episode that took place in was touching, but it was just the usual "Doshaburi Happy!" with a reskin. This was closer to the idea of a Halloween song, idol style. What, exactly, did Honoka's sister see in that note, though? I don't think they μ's was taken out of Love Live, but it must be something of magnitude.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
HappinessCharge! Precure 15

This may seem coincidental, but this really feels like a "Congratulations to North America for getting Shinovi Versus localized", because not only did we get ninjas, we got BREAST FIRE from Hito. BREAST FIRE! And ninjutsu!

You're joking, right? Please be joking.

survivor

Banned
One Week Friends 6

The more they try to explain this amnesia thing, the dumber it sounds. They really should avoid mentioning the rules and why it occurs as much as possible and just focus on the friendship part.

Are you watching the same show? Because in terms of animation production, it's been really solid so far. Though all the more so compared to season 1 motion comic I guess.

It definitely looks better then the near slideshow sections of Part 2. I just hope they save half the budget for the last two fights.

Narag

So did Hosanna have some sort of meltdown or something?

Yes. Made a thread about how anime sucks, called posters out in here for being deviants or pedos, said people got what they deserved for enjoying Ping Pong. It was really unfortunate.

Sword Art Online: 16

I dont see why everyone rats on this after the first 14 episodes. Its been pretty good so far, and the new world seems like it will be interesting considering you can actually kill in it

Cousincest.
Must be why it doesn't bother me, because at this point in time he's still loyal to Asuna.

I will say though, going off what it seems the new plot is going on, its going to be a little sad to see the intense feeling of anyone could die at any time go away. Now that anyone can die with no repercussions but maybe a (I'm assuming) time based death penalty, those heart-felt moments that were commonplace almost every single episode up till now will go away :\

iavi

Dammnit

I'm on episode 4 of Gundam Unicorn and Banagher is in the typical Gundam protag overly emotional phase, which would be fine if this lasted an ep or two, but these OVAs are an hour long and he's been like this for almost two.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dammnit

I'm on episode 4 of Gundam Unicorn and Banagher is in the typical Gundam protag overly emotional phase, which would be fine if this lasted an ep or two, but these OVAs are an hour long and he's been like this for almost two.
He singlehandedly makes Unicorn one of the worst Gundam series ever.

And he NEVER stops being a fucking emotard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom