• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Space Battleship Yamato 07

1E0.jpg

A visual representation of the death flags this episode.
Gee I'm sure that after this nice and happy episode that the next episodes won't be a death parade!

cajunator

Banned

Gotta go fast!

Those quotation marks didn't lie. Jesus Christ I laugh how I can get the entire FSN series for 70 bucks but FZ at the cheapest is 300 bucks. On the good side part 1 of attack on titan is like 30 bucks. Guess I'll stick with Netflix and Crunchyroll versions of FZ.

Yeah but the original set is like 700$ total so its pretty cheap.

The packaging contents leaves something to be desired but its a good set if you just want to watch it.

I guess that right now it's a matter of principles of having to buy knick knacks just so I can own one of the few series I want to own. You would think they'd price the attack on titan set to be super expensive. Why is it only FZ (at least that I've seen)?

cnet128

Banned
So hang on, did we really have a whole discussion about best anime mothers yesterday without a single mention of Hana from Wolf Children?

Because unless she was mentioned and I just missed it, I think AnimeGAF as a whole (myself included) should probably go commit sudoku or something for that.

cajunator

Banned
So hang on, did we really have a whole discussion about best anime mothers yesterday without a single mention of Hana from Wolf Children?

Because unless she was mentioned and I just missed it, I think AnimeGAF as a whole (myself included) should probably go commit sudoku or something for that.

We have failed. Youre right. she is the fucking SUPERMOM.

Damn. :/

For me best mom is the mom from Natsume Yuujinchou. Mainly because it's not his birth mom and they met in really sad circumstances but these two treat Natsume like if he were their own child and they're just the sweetest parents.

Also more people need to watch Natsume Yuujinchou and GTO

Clov

cajunator

Banned

cnet128

Banned
Yowamushi Pedal 31

One race down, two to go!

The scene after the credits was pure naked manservice, but the show made up for it instantly with dat end card. Caught me completely off guard!

You know after seeing most of the Fate/Stay Night VN I have to say the best girls in order are Sakura, Rin, and Saber. But I'm leaning more towards Sakura as the best. Believe it she's the best, though honorary mention goes towards to Tsundere Rin and Saber.

cajunator

Banned
You know after seeing most of the Fate/Stay Night VN I have to say the best girls in order are Sakura, Rin, and Saber. But I'm leaning more towards Sakura as the best. Believe it she's the best, though honorary mention goes towards to Tsundere Rin and Saber.

The lesson here is everybody wins.

santeesioux

I don't understand how people can have a problem with this particular community. It's gotta be the most laid back one on this site. I saw what happened to the nba one, though.

Midonin

Fairy Musketeers 04-06

It certainly didn't take long for Hansel to become fed up with Randagio and his sister's inability to defeat the heroes. Most underlings would wait until the teens before calling their minions out, but this guy's abandoning them after two failed missions at most. Someone's read the Evil Overlord List.

Miyukichi Power! Briar Rose fits with her mythological self more than Snow White does - I enjoyed the slapstick going on in the background during Souta's attempt to leave a parting message for Ringo. They're still not magical girls in the traditional sense - they don't even transform, but they do have a team pose - but I like having the three of them working together. I think Rose's power is the ability to not need a Sweet Phone.

Like I discovered when I blazed through the end of Shugo Chara!, series like this are easy to sit through, they're low intensity. That's not a slight, as I'm enjoying this so far - had no idea it took over the Chouseishin Series' timeslot. But it feels like the series hasn't really begun yet - the journey to Phandavale starts next time.

cnet128

Banned

I'm still fairly early on in the VN, but I have to say Rin is standing head and shoulders above the other girls at this point. Saber is a decent character but I wouldn't call her waifu material. Sakura is the blandest bland that ever blanded a bland.

I suppose there's a chance that things may change as I get further, but it's difficult to see how. I feel like I'm going to require an awful lot of suspension of disbelief to even accept the possibility of Shirou choosing anyone who isn't Rin. Like, why would you even consider it?

Actually, I think I'd put Tiger-sensei above both Saber and lolSakura. Tiger-sensei is great. I had no idea Itou Miki was even capable of playing such an endearing character.

So I guess that makes my rankings at this stage:

Rin > Illya > Tiger-sensei > Saber > Ayako > random extras > Sakura

Caesnd

I don't understand how people can have a problem with this particular community. It's gotta be the most laid back one on this site. I saw what happened to the nba one, though.

People just have different opinions on what is worthwhile to discuss and share with each other. Sometimes this leads to friction.

Personally, I confess to not liking much of what is released nowadays, but I stick around because I appreciate reading the musings on here from time to time.

No the anime just decides to ignore those points without reason.
You'll see how much the anime "adapt" especially once you'll read VOL 5 & 6
Yeah, but it's not something they can really ignore forever, so I'm sure they'll address it eventually. Also I'm watching season 2 before going any further with the LN so I won't realise what's been cut / changed until afterwards.

Youre in it deeeeep man!
Not that I blame you. Kurumi is fucking wonderful. Her character design is one of the most amazing things Ive ever seen.
And then theres her voice: (NOT SAFE FOR WORK AT ALL) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gLSC_2LU9w

Taking her regular and Astral Dress forms together, I'm having difficulty thinking of a character whose design I like more. Also I was already a fan of her VA after Zetsubou Sensei, but she really outdid herself here. Her song on the anime OST (16bit Girl) is my favourite of the individual songs, though Koi-iro Origami (by Origami's VA unsurprisingly) from the Extension soundtrack gives it a good run for its money.

Incidentally, I watched that video a few days ago and melted. Although if they're going to frequently associate her
or her less hardened clones
with cats I can't say I approve.

I'm still fairly early on in the VN, but I have to say Rin is standing head and shoulders above the other girls at this point. Saber is a decent character but I wouldn't call her waifu material. Sakura is the blandest bland that ever blanded a bland.

I suppose there's a chance that things may change as I get further, but it's difficult to see how. I feel like I'm going to require an awful lot of suspension of disbelief to even accept the possibility of Shirou choosing anyone who isn't Rin. Like, why would you even consider it?

Actually, I think I'd put Tiger-sensei above both Saber and lolSakura. Tiger-sensei is great. I had no idea Itou Miki was even capable of playing such an endearing character.

So I guess that makes my rankings at this stage:

Rin > Illya > Tiger-sensei > Saber > Ayako > random extras > Sakura

Have you seen the Heaven's feel route because that may change the way you see things.

Syrinx

Mmm, MLB-GAF is pretty laid back for the most part (except Branduil). I can understand growing tired of this place but going out like hosanna did isn't good for anybody.

cnet128

Banned
Have you seen the Heaven's feel route because that may change the way you see things.

Nah, I still haven't got to any of the endings yet. Like I said, it's still early days. But Sakura is going to have to do an awful lot if she's going to make me like her, because right now I'm not seeing it at all.

Soma

Man the F/SN visual novel was some of the most bloated collection of words that I have ever read.

I imagine the translation team had a field day with the h-scenes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom