• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
This turd is clearly more appealing than that doggy doo over there.
doggypoo2.jpg

Branduil

So its not different then.

Read the rest of my post. It's not what it does, it's how it does it. Nisekoi turns cynically exploiting your audience into a science. It wouldn't even be accurate to call the creator a writer. He's a con artist, and the consumers are his marks.

Acosta

It doesn't do anything different, rather it distills and exploits all the worst practices of the Ken Akamatsu-inspired paradigm in the most cynical and hateful manner possible.

Well, I don't see it that way, or I wouldn't be watching it.

Love Hina had much more melodrama and was much, much dumber than this.

Nisekoi is light fun, it´s a harem, but it's mostly playful and funny. Love Hina played hard how much of a loser was Keitaro, how dreadful was his life and it had an insane cast of characters. Not going to say Nisekoi is "realistic", but there is a huge difference for me.

To be completely honest, I'm not an expert and I have not watched many shows like this, but that's how I feel. I am having fun with this and this is a show I was hesitant to watch for being an harem with "promises" and so.

Andrew J.

Nisekoi waifu rankings, based purely on impressions I've read in this thread:

blushy tomboy > Kana Asumi troll > personality-free moeblob > bitchy tsundere

Branduil

Well, I don't see it that way, or I wouldn't be watching it.

Love Hina had much more melodrama and was much, much dumber than this.

Nisekoi is light fun, it´s a harem, but it's mostly playful and funny. Love Hina played hard how much of a loser was Keitaro, how dreadful was his life and it had an insane cast of characters. Not going to say Nisekoi is "realistic", but there is a huge difference for me.

To be completely honest, I'm not an expert and I have not watched many shows like this, but that's how I feel. I am having fun with this and this is a show I was hesitant to watch for being an harem with "promises" and so.

It has Onodera and Tsugumi in it which makes it above average.
Well I'm sure you can derive entertainment value from it if you have low expectations/limited experience in the genre. It's just the kind of garbage I can no longer stand to put up with. There's nothing of humanity in Nisekoi, just a cruel mockery. It's the anime of Dr. Moreau.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 10

I really like episodes like this, were the two warring sides get into some situation and they have to ceasefire and work together to survive.
Also it had a catfight so it was a good episode.

cajunator

Banned
Well I'm sure you can derive entertainment value from it if you have low expectations/limited experience in the genre. It's just the kind of garbage I can no longer stand to put up with. There's nothing of humanity in Nisekoi, just a cruel mockery. It's the anime of Dr. Moreau.

I can derive entertainment from a leaf and a bug. Anime is easy.

Date a Live S2 5

Third/Fourth best girl finally appears (Tossup between her and Yuzuru).

Voice sounds completely different from what I imagined it to be.

Can't say I'm a fan, especially compared to how well the Yamai twins were voiced, but I'm willing to forgive depending on how well she says her d-word.

Ample as she may be, I don't really recall her assets being Boa Hancock sized.

That issue though, I'm totally fine with.

Acosta

The watcher of it already aware with your repeated gospel though.

Come on, we are many that post how much we enjoy Nisekoi and spam the thread with pics and "best waifus". It´s only fair that people don't liking it say their piece too.

Let's not transform this is in an argument please.

M3 the dark metal EPISODE 4 DANGER, DO NOT MIX

Pretty dark series on this island, enjoyed it, but was a bit confused how some had clothes off and such this night, I didnt know they went into the water (but then why keep pants and crocs on?).

Wanted Heito and Akashi, not Heito and the infected :(

Knights of Sidonia 3-5

After really mediocre first two eps, this show is really starting to pick. Hope the goodness continues, but I kind of doubt it as episodes 4 and 5 were the two best ones so far because they had nothing to do with this boring pilot school crap. Also I still can't tell none of these people apart, and the fact that none of them really have all that unique of a personality makes it even worse. There might be a love triangle or square or pentagram depending on it I've counted right cause all these women look exactly the fuckin same. I guess it really doesn't matter. You know you've found your best girl when you can drink her piss with that amount of gusto.

Still hopeful

Well if you look at preview of episode 6 you can see they just graduated from the school

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
And people said this community was laid back.

I like Nisekoi. I think its a legitimately good show. I'm not going to apologize for it either.

Date a Live S2 5

Third/Fourth best girl finally appears (Tossup between her and Yuzuru).

Voice sounds completely different from what I imagined it to be.

Can't say I'm a fan, especially compared to how well the Yamai twins were voiced, but I'm willing to forgive depending on how well she says her d-word.

Ample as she may be, I don't really recall her assets being Boa Hancock sized.

That issue though, I'm totally fine with.
Well she is supposed to have big "assets" but th perspective in this scene is misleading.

Sword Art Online: Season 1

Always good to see people not hating Sword Art Online, there's way too little of that around these parts.

I just hope your positivity lasts to the end, since you haven't reached some of the things people complain most vocally about yet XD

Still love Sword Art Online. I feel like the hate I've heard for it is just completely overblown. When I finished, I just had to put it on my favourites list on Hummingbird. I felt like it was a well thought out series, the story is interesting, the action is amazing, and the characters felt believable in how they would act in that situation. In addition, I felt like the series just lends itself amazingly well in bringing out almost every single emotion there is. Watching this, I've felt excited, happy, depressed, hyped and I even shed tears at a couple points (though that was all mostly in the first half when it was more serious). Now I have to get my friend to watch this as he was turned away from what the Internet has said about it.

I honestly can't wait for Season 2 in the summer!

M3: The Dark Metal 4

How did Emiru get that black mark again? Did she have it since the series began? The series is still on the bottom of my list though. Not bad, just not really attached to anything yet.

Narag

Still love Sword Art Online. The hate I've heard for it is just completely overblown. When I finished, I just had to put it on my favourites list on Hummingbird. Its a well thought out series, the story is interesting, the action is amazing, the characters are believable and unique, and the series just lends itself amazingly well in bringing out almost every single emotion there is. Watching this, I've felt excited, happy, depressed, hyped and I even shed tears at a couple points. Now I have to get my friend to watch this as he was turned away from what the Internet has said about it.

I honestly can't wait for Season 2 in the summer :D

glop glop

Still love Sword Art Online. The hate I've heard for it is just completely overblown. When I finished, I just had to put it on my favourites list on Hummingbird. Its a well thought out series, the story is interesting, the action is amazing, the characters are believable and unique, and the series just lends itself amazingly well in bringing out almost every single emotion there is. Watching this, I've felt excited, happy, depressed, hyped and I even shed tears at a couple points. Now I have to get my friend to watch this as he was turned away from what the Internet has said about it.

Nope, not gonna touch this

Branduil

I don't know which character was more believable, the A.I which turned into a little girl or the little sister who wanted to have sexual intercourse with her brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom