• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clov

I mean either way Ping Pong is still a sports anime about ping pong which is one of those fun for 5 minute things you do in the basement then get bored and go do something else.

I'm not a fan of sports anime, but Ping Pong is legitimately great. Despite the rushed animation, it has great direction, style, and writing. It's probably the best anime of the season so far (though Mushishi comes very close).

Narag

I owned a ping pong table, it was a pretty great place to put my drinks and snacks on when I had friends come over to have game nights and I didn't want the dog to knock things over

Sounds like the two years I put my PS3 in the middle of my room to keep dust off everything else since it attracted it all.

fuck, love live ios/android game was localized.

fuck climate change, america is waifued.

its all over.

Let's hope it doesn't end up getting pricey like that $50 ios Idolm@ster game.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's free. Should have checked, but I was reminded of the fiasco with the Idolm@ster game's pricing, lol.

Tuck

Damn those beat testers, yeah they share information with us and are stuck in the same boat as we are but they're dirty rotten cheaters
God, I remember that - insanely stupid. I think that was the first crack I saw in the show. Who knew it'd get worse from there.
I've already accept I'm going to die in the game and attempt to commit suicide, so instead of just being happy to be alive and living it town I continue to go on adventures with my friends and pre-record christmas cards because I know I'm going to die sooner or later
Ugh that chrismas card thing was complete nonsense too.
Oh hey I know that's a trap, better not let them know it'll probably get them killed or else it'll reveal that I'm a higher leveled beater, oh wait they activated the trap and died... there was nothing I could do
Didn't he try? Like, didn't he yell out to them not to touch it? Honest question, I don't recall.
Some random guy walks into my shop, breaks my best sword, and takes me on an adventure with him. Despite the fact I do jobs for people all the time I KNOW he's special and I love him... oh wait my BFF is seeing him better make him an EXCLUSIVE client while crying behind a bridge that the guy I've known for a day is in love with someone else
Eh this didn't bother me that much, childhood crush, whatever.

My wife was getting more confident in this video game and stopped being my perfect trophy wife so I paid people to kill her so she can live in my memories forever
I don't know why I'm replying to each of these, you're pretty much entirely right at how stupid this all is.[/quote]

I made a death game which killed almost 4000 people because... I don't remember lolol
Which was weird cause he says why in the first episode, though it was an equally shitty explanation.

sonicmj1

I mean either way Ping Pong is still a sports anime about ping pong which is one of those fun for 5 minute things you do in the basement then get bored and go do something else.

Ping pong is an Olympic sport.

Anyone could describe any game they didn't care about this way.

I don't know but I feel like Baby steps to me is better than Ping Pong and it also has a better budget than Ping pong. Maybe because I prefer tennis than to Ping pong and since it has a bit of romance too. But ideally it has to do with Takasaki because she is the best and beats every character in Ping Pong. Just my opinion though.

Tuck

.hack//SIGN is actually really good. There's pretty much no need for any other trapped in a game shows (and they've pretty much all been terrible).

Uh.. can't say I agree. At all.

.hack//SIGN was slow, boring and cheesy.

Log Horizon is solid. Shame about the low budget though.

Narag

Curling is fucking awesome where the hell is my curling anime?

7Y7HE79.jpg

Gintoki IS pretty top tier Shonen protag. Hilarious, voiced by Sugita and a believable badass. Most importantly he doesn't need some OP power or fool this isn't even my final for to keep going for so long.

iavi

Okay, I couldn't help myself. Even against Haly's warnings, I have to see Gundam Unicorn through the end.

Ep 4

More annoying than Banaghers uselessness, is the fact that everyone's cool with him flip-flopping sides like it ain't nothing. Maybe that's thematic reinforcement--maybe not. It's silly as all hell, non.the.less.

iavi

Gintoki IS pretty top tier Shonen protag. Hilarious, voiced by Sugita and a believable badass. Most importantly he doesn't need some OP power or fool this isn't even my final for to keep going for so long.

NAh, he's got the whole Kenshin 'he was a devil with mad strength in his past life with his past life never really explained so you never really see the full extent of how strong he is thing so he can match up against even stronger and stronger enemies without needing gimmicks' thing going for him. Which is textbook, but I still love him.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Okay, I couldn't help myself. Even against Haly's warnings, I have to see Gundam Unicorn through the end.

Ep 4

More annoying than Banaghers uselessness, is the fact that everyone's cool with him flip-flopping sides like it ain't nothing. Maybe that's thematic reinforcement--maybe not. It's silly as all hell, non.the.less.

Everyone has the most mature (or maybe poorly written) attitudes toward warfare in all of fiction.

"You killed my friends and allies, but this is okay. We are soldiers, it is our job. No hard feeling."

YEAH OKAY BUDDY

NAh, he's got the whole Kenshin 'he was a devil with mad strength in his past life with his past life never really explained so you never really see the full extent of how strong he is thing so he can match up against even stronger and stronger enemies without needing gimmicks' thing going for him. Which is textbook, but I still love him.
Yeah but it never went past being a good swordsman or having wit. Which I appreciate.

iavi

Everyone has the most mature (or maybe poorly written) attitudes toward warfare in all of fiction.

"You killed my friends and allies, but this is okay. We are soldiers, it is our job. No hard feeling."

YEAH OKAY BUDDY

Seriously.

'Oh you just killed my friend, but it's cool cause he was a pilot and knew what he was getting into the moment in got into his mobile suit. Don't morn him. Here have something to eat.'

Which would be cool if it was one character maintaining this over-mechanical mindset, but, like you say, it's everybody on every ship but banagher. Cause he has HEART.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
HeartCatch Precure 15

Even if I didn't know already, it would be painfully obvious by this point that Itsuki is going to be the third Precure.
I really do like how the show isn't forgetting the side-characters, as well. It's pretty fun when focus characters from several episodes ago pop back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom