• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundam Build Fighters - 4

I figured I'd get back into this since I recently just finished building a part of Gunpla myself. Also because I didn't want to go back to Awakening of the Trailblazer.
Probably not going to stop me from finishing it at one point though >_<

Wow Sei, you're really going to leave your most prized possession in the hands of a girl you just met? Leave her alone with it for that matter, in the middle of a park?
Thankfully Reiji was able to win despite that screw up on your part.

I love how this show just has a ton of spirit put into it. The music, the battles, it's just got so much energy that makes it so much fun to watch.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Which would be cool if it was one character maintaining this over-mechanical mindset, but, like you say, it's everybody on every ship but banagher. Cause he has HEART.
"War is bad. Why we fight? :("

All the worst Gundam protagonists right there.

I wonder if Japan does what western media does for subtitles for the hearing impaired. Like I'm watching the Americans and they need to tell me "In Russian accent". Because deaf people would know what it sounds like? I like it better when it says "(song) starts playing". I'm sure they love that song.

fertygo

I have feeling firehawk would love Jolyne

cW8OEaj.jpg

And DTL will hate

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Did you miss me animeGAF? Did you?
It's okay to say no... ;_;

Captain Earth 6

I originally thought Salty Dog dude was Daichi's uncle. Whoops. And speaking of look-alikes, Daichi looks so much like Izuru from MJP, that the fact that Daichi is such a by-the-numbers mecha protag is getting close to annoying.

Heck, this show's okay, but it's nothing special by any measure. I'm getting kinda bored with it.

Mushi-shi Zoku Shou 6

The soundtrack for Mushi-shi is always top notch but this was fucking amazing.

Now that's a creepy damn twist, dear lord.

I once heard humans and trees share a bond that has endured since time immemorial. This episode is a lot like that, but admittedly much more creepy and dark than the original I heard.

Tonari no Seki-kin 18

I want a cut out of Seki-kun's "How was that?" face. It's so fucking good.

Articalys

Fulfilling one last promise to cajunator.

Millennium Actress

x0sZcfD.jpg

Excellent movie. As I was going through the film my impression of it was staying around good to great, but it was the final third that brought everything together, especially the last two scenes:
the hospital -- which was the part that completely broke me -- and the spaceship launch, leading into the credits with Susumu Hirasawa's almost ethereal ending theme
. Definitely a movie I would strongly recommend to anyone interested in the genre, though I've still not seen enough anime personally to say if it belongs on any "essentials" list.

The animation was great and the soundtrack fantastic -- some absolutely phenomenal music. I was also trying to separate the "real" events from the movie scenes for a while until about halfway through I gave up on that and decided it wasn't intended to be viewed that way, whereupon I was probably able to more fully enjoy the story.

Aria - Complete Series Rewatch

Finally got around to purchasing the DVD liteboxes, and I am still kicking myself for not knowing about this wonderful slice of life series when the thinpaks were being sold in this holiday bundle back in 2011 to save some money along with getting all that beautiful packaging. In the end, just owning the discs is a privilege despite not getting the Neo-Venezia Guidebooks and other materials stated earlier.

I don't recall what I said when reviewing this earlier in the year, but really there is not much to say other to watch the series yourself if you haven't. It was a challenge at times during the rewatch to
hold back all the feels since I knew what was eventually going to happen for Akari, Aika, and Alice by the end of Season 3.
There was the part at the end of Season 2 when Athena
tells Alice they should go on a picnic soon, noting Athena's desire to promote Alice to Prima
. Ryou Hirohashi, Alice's seiyuu, really summed up the series well in the Season 3 cast discussion extras;
"Aria is a box of tissues."

Have to wonder if more of Kozue Amano's original works will be adapted for anime. I know she doesn't have numerous manga series for this to work out, but I wouldn't mind seeing Amanchu! as an anime.

cajunator

Banned
Fulfilling one last promise to cajunator.

Millennium Actress

x0sZcfD.jpg

Excellent movie. As I was going through the film my impression of it was staying around good to great, but it was the final third that brought everything together, especially the last two scenes:
the hospital -- which was the part that completely broke me -- and the spaceship launch, leading into the credits with Susumu Hirasawa's almost ethereal ending theme
. Definitely a movie I would strongly recommend to anyone interested in the genre, though I've still not seen enough anime personally to say if it belongs on any "essentials" list.

The animation was great and the soundtrack fantastic -- some absolutely phenomenal music. I was also trying to separate the "real" events from the movie scenes for a while until about halfway through I gave up on that and decided it wasn't intended to be viewed that way, whereupon I was probably able to more fully enjoy the story.

One of the greatest movies. In any medium. Period.

Uh.. can't say I agree. At all.

.hack//SIGN was slow, boring and cheesy.

Log Horizon is solid. Shame about the low budget though.

It was a slow paced series, but I wouldn't call it boring. It's very methodical and character focused, which won't be everyone's cup of tea. But the character work is generally great and it has a top tier soundtrack.

cajunator

Banned
It was a slow paced series, but I wouldn't call it boring. It's very methodical and character focused, which won't be everyone's cup of tea. But the character work is generally great and it has a top tier soundtrack.

It was somewhat dull but Yuki Kajiura soundtracks cant be questioned.

Mekakucity Actors 05

HH1C0H9l.jpg

Definitely cool to see everyone join up now. Backstory of the Blindfold Group and providing the mystery of their original founder. Add in more SHAFT goodness of course.

Puchimas!! 37

That megane.

Ginga e Kickoff!! 16

I guess a character episode for the Three U and more triangle power.

Nobunaga ZA FOOL 18

He's totally not dead. I mean following history has been pretty loose here but I don't think they'll steer off that much.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Uh.. can't say I agree. At all.

.hack//SIGN was slow, boring and cheesy.

Log Horizon is solid. Shame about the low budget though.

.Hack//sign is slow, but thanks God the OST is great.

Log Horizon is great, but too bad it's aired on education channel, thus cutting off all dark stuff from the novel.

MCA 5
I think it become confusing again. Oh well, if there's one thing i like from this, there's a preview of every Kagepro song, which i probably will buy when it's released.

The kawai complex 6

Shiro is such a great guy, and thanks god he's just M, not lolicon.

Link Man

Banned
Except CG Clone Wars isn't even bad. Better than Genndy's Clone Wars, which people only love because it's Genndy.

Yeah, I'm about a half-hour into Genndy's Clone Wars, and it's all action, ADHD cuts and little characterization. And cavalry charges. With lances.

And a Jedi showing joy at sending the crew of a submarine into an underwater volcano.

It has nice backgrounds, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom