• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFu

Banned
Flag is awesome. Is CR not even close to simulcast I guess? I see people posting stuff about new episode way before wednesday.

cajunator

Banned
I actually like Flag Time and Love Live for what they are. The Dragon Loli show is strictly for Kobayashi. lol

Not Kugimiya, strangely enough.

Yu kobayashi played another dragon loli in Sands of Destruction.

Admittedly i had this state of mind with older black bars on the side anime. But then i realized that I've missed some good shit from the past.

Boy oh boy have you ever.

TheRancor

Yeah, I'm about a half-hour into Genndy's Clone Wars, and it's all action, ADHD cuts and little characterization. And cavalry charges. With lances.

And a Jedi showing joy at sending the crew of a submarine into an underwater volcano.

It has nice backgrounds, though.
This reminds me about this link showcasing some of it's Acrylic background paintings.

Admittedly i had this state of mind with older black bars on the side anime. But then i realized that I've missed some good shit from the past.
Why.jpg

I hope at least you don't stretch them to "fix" the black bars lol.

sonicmj1

Mushishi Zoku Shou 6

I don't think it was the best episode, but it was still pretty great at building its mood, as usual.

The thing I kept thinking about in this episode (and I'm probably the only one) was the way it presents its cherry trees. If anyone remembers my Aoi Bungaku impressions, one series played heavily on the idea of cherry trees as a symbol of dangerous temptation leading to madness and suffering: In the Woods Beneath the Cherry Blossoms in Full Bloom. That was directed by Attack on Titan showrunner Tetsuro Araki, who would only know subtlety if it punched him in the face in slow motion while yelling at the top of its lungs. He "foreshadowed" these ideas with images like this:

ibi7wreuWqW5n0.jpg

Nagahama's sensibilities could hardly be more different. So his take on a similar theme isn't just more tonally consistent and complex, it's also a lot more naturalistic. He communicates through carefully-framed images that still feel drawn from the natural world, instead of creating a heightened fictional reality.

I'm glad there are directors like him still working in anime.

Why.jpg

I hope at least you don't stretch them to "fix" the black bars lol.
No I was just being superficial. I thought there was no reason to watch a show older than the 90s when there are plenty of good shows nowadays in hd. Then seasons like this one happen.

Similar reason as to why it physically hurts me to watch say a soccer match that is not in hd. Eye candy has spoiled me.

Quasar

Except CG Clone Wars isn't even bad. Better than Genndy's Clone Wars, which people only love because it's Genndy.

Yeah. I know. I though his CW show was terrible. I think I liked the Attack of the Clones movie more.

The newer series with Ashoka I loved (though I'm still way behind). That mad the prequels worth it for me.

I actually like Flag Time and Love Live for what they are. The Dragon Loli show is strictly for Kobayashi. lol

Every time I see you talking about Kobayashi, my minds first goes to the hot-dog eater and I get confused for a moment.

Black bars aren't a problem, there's an easy Hix for that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
hmmmm the sale on idolmaster shiny festa ios games end tomorrow. think ill get one of them... but which to choos :X
Not even available on the UK store.

That site says £37.99 would be the UK price. That's ridiculous. Just release the proper PS3 version Namco and stop being such shits. Seriously, who's tit do I have to suck for them to bring it over?

CorvoSol

Clannad 9

"I can't believe a story about a dead girl coaxed me into letting my roachdaughter stay out all night with this harem protagonist!"

Way to slack on the fucking job, Roachdad. Next thing you know you're gonna hand the kid a condom and give him a thumbs up.

I would hate Fuko less if she'd stop referring to herself in the third person every ten seconds. Who are you, Hodor? A Pokemon? Come on, kid.

jman2050

Clannad 9
I would hate Fuko less if she'd stop referring to herself in the third person every ten seconds. Who are you, Hodor? A Pokemon? Come on, kid.

I don't think there's anything that can reasonably make me hate Fuuko less.

Except maybe not exist, that's a possibility.

At least the Clannad anime starts with the worst arc in the game (or second worst damnit Ryou) so theoretically it should be all uphill from here.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Clannad 9

"I can't believe a story about a dead girl coaxed me into letting my roachdaughter stay out all night with this harem protagonist!"

Way to slack on the fucking job, Roachdad. Next thing you know you're gonna hand the kid a condom and give him a thumbs up.

Hating on Akio?

ha_ha_get_out__by_wolf_shadow77-d3fujm9.png

Eusis

K-On GAF is also good.
I think most of these community threads and |OT| threads are actually generally good, even when they're the same topics that'd cause a thread to become a graveyard in OT or Gaming. I guess it's really just down ot certain people clashing that normally otherwise wouldn't (or really dumb drive by posts on subjects they wouldn't care about otherwise.)

Theonik

OK there is one more CR Guest pass to claim quote to see~

Even Shaft wouldn't do such blasphemy, just look at the amount of best girl present.
Oh my.

jaunty and upbeat as fuck[/url]
I don't feel it really works either. The JSDF did the Lupin 79' theme though and that worked beautifully. Also this 999 Galactic Railroad/Yamato one.

Spoken like a monster girl fan.
Spoken like a filthy dog.

Wow this place turned into a warzone.

We should talk about less divide-y and or bad shows, like Valvrave or Attack on Titan.
Valvrave is the best.

Curling would lend itself really well to a sports anime where everyone has ridiculous curling gimmick powers.
Oh god this needs to happen.

Suddenly contender for best girl of Nisekoi because wide face
I see the wideface has properly attached itself on your soul the way it should be!

Did Firehawk watch Utena yet?
I'd be willing to make any sort of watch bet with Firehawk to make it happen!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Dear firehawk, please set this as your desktop backgruond as a regular reminder of where your life has lead you.

sonicmj1

Thought I'd catch the one episode I still wanted to see before I go to Tamako Love Story tomorrow.

Tamako Market 9

That was a really good episode. The way all the plot threads came together in that flashback at the end was incredibly satisfying.

Hope the movie's somewhere near this level of quality.

So not a fan of cats I take it?
Not really an animal person generally, but cats are a subset of 'cute things' in anime that have some incomprehensible power to erode the best parts of a character's personality. Worst example that springs to mind is Rena from Higurashi, who is awesome for much of the time, but when she goes into 'I wanna take you home' mode I headdesk so hard that I get letter keys imprinted in my forehead.

Also there's something about being a homicidal sociopath with a 5 digit body count on the one hand, and fawning over cats on the other that my brain just naturally wants to reject. Thank god it isn't dogs, I don't think my mind could take it.

cnet128

Banned
Oh God so much SAO hate while I was asleep. Sort of glad I missed that. Can't even be bothered to argue with most of the mindless bashing that's been repeated a thousand times in here already, but I guess I'll respond to one post.

First arc had lovey dovey cheese that I genuinely enjoyed. Then I learned the show will pull a Monogatari with the girlfriend so now I am so uninterested. This fucking desire to keep the harem bothers me so much.

I wouldn't say SAO "pulls a Monogatari". Araragi is a legit pervert who has no problems with finding any excuse to flirt with and sexually harass other girls and generally revel in building a harem, even as he makes it clear that Senjougahara is the only one he actually wants to be in a relationship with.

Kirito spends a fair amount of time with other girls (generally because the plot requires him to go off on adventures in various virtual worlds where Asuna can't reasonably join him), so a harem of sorts builds up around him of its own accord, but I wouldn't say he ever shows an actual romantic or sexual interest in any of them. And when he's not off on his adventures, he spends almost all of his time with Asuna.

Jintor

I don't think Woofington is refering to (his knowlege of) Kirito's desire to keep the harem, but rather the creator's (merchandiser's, production committee, whatever).

mindless bashing

Please, my bashing is thoughtful and considered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom