• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Im eternally confused as to what sort of anime you like or hate. It doesnt make much sense.
Good things:
Ping Pong
Mushishi
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?

Decent:
Chaika
Jojo

Below Average:
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
Haikyuu!!
Mahouka Koukou
No Game No Life

Actually Bad:
Akuma no Riddle
Baby Steps
Blade & Soul
Captain Earth
Brynhildr
One Week Friends
Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara
Love Live
Soul Eater Not
The World is Still Beautiful

A Box Filled With Poop:
Mekaku City Actors
Nanana

Narag

What do you mean by "kinda iffy"?

Not good enough to have any great concern about upon learning about it. Not upper echelon twist stuff like Leloich becoming a travelling merchant, the identity of Mr. Bushido, or learning Laura Rolla was actually Loran Cehack.

cajunator

Banned
Good things:
Ping Pong
Mushishi
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?

Decent:
Chaika
Jojo

Below Average:
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
Haikyuu!!
Mahouka Koukou
No Game No Life

Actually Bad:
Akuma no Riddle
Baby Steps
Blade & Soul
Captain Earth
Brynhildr
One Week Friends
Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara
Love Live
Soul Eater Not
The World is Still Beautiful

A Box Filled With Poop:
Mekaku City Actors
Nanana

Well at least you laid it out so it doesnt seem like you hate everything. I honestly wasnt sure.

No Game No Life 06

LEWD/10
HOORAY FOR DOLL NUDITY

Acceptable amounts of Steph bullying this episode, but she lost the glasses. Unacceptable.
Pretty good game played, seemed to be trying to make it as HEY LOOK I KNOW MY SCIENCE as possible but it made it pretty entertaining. Jibril could make for best girl.

Articalys

Not good enough to have any great concern about upon learning about it. Not upper echelon twist stuff like Leloich becoming a travelling merchant, the identity of Mr. Bushido, or learning Laura Rolla was actually Loran Cehack.
Well, I'm still a bit bitter about learning it, but I guess I can try to fool myself into thinking it was a known part of the show premise before it started airing.

Midonin

Chaika 06

It's like the New Years' concert in here. I'm glad to see Toru make a decision that's not influenced by fighting, but by something of a genuine emotional connection forged with our Chaika. The political machinations are definitely increasing behind the scenes, but on a personal level, I wonder why our Chaika is alright with multiples of her while the red one doesn't want any imitators. I thought the Pokemon things last week were just jokes, but there really is a group out there who wants to find every Chaika. I'm waiting to see if we get a green one.

Hey guys I'm trying to remember an anime movie I watched a long time ago. It's about a boy who enters this dream land that gets taken over by some black goop. His sidekick is some racist looking clown and I remember he travels on his bed that walks on it's elongated bed posts or something.

Jex

Hey guys I'm trying to remember an anime movie I watched a long time ago. It's about a boy who enters this dream land that gets taken over by some black goop. His sidekick is some racist looking clown and I remember he travels on his bed that walks on it's elongated bed posts or something.

Little Nemo.

Joe Molotov

Little Nemo's Adventures in Slumberland

duckroll

Chaika - Episode 6

Not bad. Some of the episode felt a bit padded out, but there was a really nice action cut with Toru at the end.

Soul Eater Not - Episode 6

Kinda bad. Didn't like how stupid the entire cafe gangster waitress scenario was. Relying on cameo winkwink stuff is pretty lame too.

i'm not home yet but those reaction from no game no life ep 6 please me greatly .. seems like they managed to make it as good as in the books .

Oh and if you want more you'll get more epicness , this franchise delivers on that...

Midonin

Dai Shogun 06

None of the main characters showed up at all. Everything was focused on the future villain and the Shinsengumi, plus a creepy shogun guy. It wasn't terrible, but all this court drama isn't really my thing.

Mature

There's some cool shots up via Catsuka from a Ghibli exhibit in Hong Kong. Would love to see something like this in person.

tumblr_n5kc6kryLk1rb1rgoo6_1280.jpg
tumblr_n5kc6kryLk1rb1rgoo7_1280.jpg

No game No life

Damn. I love this show. So creative. I feel somehow that this game would have been better if streacked to 2 episodes but fking columb's force made up for it.

Jex

One thing I will say about the Funimation Eureka Seven BD release, apart from the shockingly low number of discs, is that the extras are garbage. They somehow only manage to get one Clean Opening and Ending!

Scratch that, the layout of their extra's are just weird. Weirdly underwhelming!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
HeartCatch Precure 16

Cobraja just keeps getting more and more fabulous. Also I noticed they changed the whole "The Heart Seed is coming out!" fairy thing to look slightly less gross. Interesting change.

Theonik

One thing I will say about the Funimation Eureka Seven BD release, apart from the shockingly low number of discs, is that the extras are garbage. They somehow only manage to get one Clean Opening and Ending!

Scratch that, the layout of their extra's are just weird. Weirdly underwhelming!
This is basically what was done for the UK Fate/Zero release too. Pretty shocking for 30GBP per half.

Jex

Speaking of clean openings and endings I really wish that there would be a way to just set them to actually play as the actual opening and endings of the show that I'm watching. I really don't need text all over my pretty pictures!

Midonin

If Her Flag Breaks 06

Misaki Kuno's rising star shows up once more. I think that's a flag on its own. While as a whole less comedic than previous epsiodes (Souta never did get to go to the forest), it gave me a bit to think about. Not sure about the council storyline, and the new girl Mei didn't get a whole lot of screentime, but Kurumiko was adorable enough to make up for all of that. Ruri continues to be amazing, and the rest of the cast just as lovable. I like that Toyosaki is getting a chance to use her Shamo voice again, too, even if the character it's attached to is an odd mix of traits.

duckroll

Speaking of clean openings and endings I really wish that there would be a way to just set them to actually play as the actual opening and endings of the show that I'm watching. I really don't need text all over my pretty pictures!

Disagree strongly with this. Credit text is part of what makes an opening and ending work as part of an episode. Clean OP/EDs are just music videos and have no place being part of an episode. It's just something you watch on its own. Also, some OP/EDs have really clever typography! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom