• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

Just to check how logical your likes and dislikes are. You arn't one of the people here who loves G Gundam right? Cause if you are
I'll have to disregard your ratings, lol, never listening to gaf when it comes to gundam ever again. I swear you guys just say it's good to troll people. That show was atrocious, it made me wish my eyes were bleeding from watching "bathtub rape" in victory gundam again. Anything but Golden Kancho Oven Mitt please.
Get'em, Corvo!

jgminto

No Game No Life 6

Even with the gross loli almost-nudity, that was amazing. So hilarious and exciting. Someone said it earlier, but if the show didn't have the loli nudity I'd probably recommend it to a lot of people. The Angel girl is pretty great. I love when she gets hard for information, her creepy smile is the best. It'll be interesting to see where it will go from here.

http://www.p3m.jp/trailer/pv09.html Reup: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1uo5kx

tumblr_n5kk32NBlh1qmlmyuo1_1280.jpg

Fuckin Lotus juice I love you, so amazing. Damn do these Movies look so much better than the sub par Persona 4 animation. Looks like the SEES group is getting the character development they deserve, with Ken and my man Makoto. I have a few Anime's that are a contender for AOTY, but this is definitely in it.

Theonik

THE iDOLM@STER 09
This episode was hilarious. The Ami/Mami detective routine was great. The cast and A-game A1 really elevate this.
Iori and Makoto helped a lot too. Also I'm never going to get over Takane's serious man shtick.

cnet128

Banned
Heartcatch Precure The Movie: Hana no Miyako de Fashion Show...Desu Ka?!

Goddammit Heartcatch you just have to win at everything, don't you.

That was a really nice movie. Probably the best Precure movie I've seen yet, perhaps barring the sheer fanservice spectacle of DX1.

Most Precure movies throw in a whole lot of overblown bullshit, centring around a visit to some shiny new fantasy world that we've never heard of, which brings with it a whole host of new characters, friend and foe alike. Which is all very well and usually quite fun, but does tend to make the whole thing feel a bit all over the place, particularly considering the short runtime.

Not Heartcatch, though. This felt like a much more focused affair. It only introduced two new characters - count 'em, two - and thus it played out as a really nicely paced character piece exploring these two quasi-villains' issues, relationship and personal tragedy. It didn't even bother throwing in any random lackey villains or monsters for the battle scenes - unless you count the bat Snackeys who were chasing the kid around at the very beginning, every single battle was against one or both of the movie's two focus characters in some form. No new fantasy world here, either - the whole thing was set in Paris. How classy can you get? Hell, the movie even made a classy expansion on the main show's lore by giving us a glimpse in a flashback of the first Precure ever to face the Desert Disciples.

Oh, and it helped that both Olivier and Salamander had some really slick designs that both made them instantly appealing as characters and looked damn cool in their many action scenes.

And there was a goddamn dragon.

Good job, Heartcatch, you win again.

(Though like everything Heartcatch...and everything not Heartcatch for that matter...the movie could have done with moar Erika. Not that her scenes weren't the best, of course they were, but you know, there were also scenes that didn't feature Erika. All of which could have been improved by featuring Erika. Just saying.)

Link Man

Banned
You know, 5 episodes into The Clone Wars, and this is some really good stuff. Feels like Star Wars, more than the prequels ever did.

Although I should work on my anime backlog as well.

Narag

You know, 5 episodes into The Clone Wars, and this is some really good stuff. Feels like Star Wars, more than the prequels ever did.

Although I should work on my anime backlog as well.

Heard that first season is pretty garbo compared to what comes later too.

No Game No Life 6

This show is fucking awesome. Minus the very cringeworthy naked loli stuff (seriously guys? ugh) the jokes and the build up in the game were excellent and very creative. Poor Steph, I love/hate how her getting shit on is a running gag now but it was hilarious watching her get chased by monsters and stuff naked.

I really like the character designs too. Jibril is great.

Kino's Journey - 2

Really enjoyed the contemplative talk of why Kino chooses to take one life over another out of good will towards others while still having cognizance to not take life in vain. It all builds up to a very satisfying conclusion that remains thematically in tune with those thoughts throughout the episode. I liked that touch of having a blinding light overwhelm the background during the finale.

Chaika season 2 in October?!?! YES!!! Chaika Season 2 + Psycho Pass Season 2 + Log Horizon Season 2 = a lot of good season 2s this Fall! Maybe even a Selector Infected Wixross Season 2.

Chaika - The Coffin Princess 6

LOL at the Dragoon just chillin' at the cart when they came back. Red Chaika needs to die.

Its different this time.

He's going to get the girl right after finally winning a league with a team led by his badass Greninja.
Wait wait. MA bro has a greninja already? Keep me up to date on whether he actually gets the girl. If so I'll watch the new season. I mean romance and greninjas are a winning combination

Chaika season 2 in October?!?! YES!!! Chaika Season 2 + Psycho Pass Season 2 + Log Horizon Season 2 = a lot of good season 2s this Fall! Maybe even a Selector Infected Wixross Season 2.

Chaika - The Coffin Princess 6

LOL at the Dragoon just chillin' at the cart when they came back. Red Chaika needs to die.

Woah, all Chaika's are equally Chaikadorable.

Not yet.

But considering Froakie is his only starter this season, chances are real good he evolves him all the way.

You never know. He never evolved his Totodile. And his Cyndaquil and Chikorita only reached their second stage. The former having done so like, at the end of the Sinnoh league or something, IIRC.

Greninja is the only one that matters. He shoots water shuriken ffs. Fuck the firefox. And fuck the otter with a green beanie.

I specifically called mine Gene Simmons for that reason alone.

Red Chaika is not an enemy. She's a passionate and lively love interest and I hope she wins. Because let's face it, once you go red the white might as well be dead.

RED CHAIKA GIVES YOU WINGS.

Code: Breaker Episode 1 God's Great Judgment (engdub)

Not a bad english dub, I think they arent saying Ogami correctly unless Ive always been saying it incorrectly, but I just dont remember them saying it the way its pronounced in the dub, like they did in the sub.

English voices and such for the classmates combined with their pretty wacky and comedic over the top reactions to Sakura and Ogami was the best part of this dubbed episode one, lol, may definitely keep watching when funievs adds the rest.

You never know. He never evolved his Totodile. And his Cyndaquil and Chikorita only reached their second stage. The former having done so like, at the end of the Sinnoh league or something, IIRC.

But the Johto example doesn't work since Froakie is Ash only starter (Clemont has Chespin and Serena has Fennekin) and can have a much bigger solo role without having to share the spotlight.

And considering how well aware Gamefreak and the Pokemon Company are of Greninja's popularity, it would be illogical for him to never evolve.

Ash is dumb. It's going to stay a Froakie forever.

Ninja Frog is breaking that water curse no matter what.

#Believe

cajunator

Banned

Ive seen this posted before but I really wish I could see that exhibit or one similar.
Sometimes art galleries are really enjoyable.

He's also really bad at board games.
Yyngi53.jpg

They didnt even try!

I actually hate how us companies replace the Japanese text on op/eds with English. More often then not they degrade the presentation with ugly fonts and terrible placement.

Most discs have the option for clean opening/closing, even if its the only feature. However some particularly cheap releases use hardsubs and yeah I hate it. Let people have a choice!

[Cowboy Bebop - 13]

Well, watching this in Japanese has been informative. There seems to be a pretty important script change for no apparent reason. In the English version of this episode Gren says:

"When I came home from the war they put me in prison. They thought I was a spy. I heard it was Vicious that testified against me, I started to go crazy. So they gave me some new drug they were testing on prisoners. It was highly addictive, and the side effects? Well, my hormones went out of balance and this is what happened."

But in the Japanese he says:

"In prison I went insane from insomnia. As a result I became a drug addict. There were side effects..."

Now this change is weird for a couple of reasons. Obviously it changes the characterisation of Gren somewhat because he talks about becoming a drug addict through choice. Moreover though, it completely misses the important thematic conception of dreaming vs waking. It seems pretty important that Gren would go crazy from insomnia when you consider that Spike is a character who feels like he's never woken up from a nightmare. What an odd change.

I still feel like I got the gist of Gren's character overall but that is a particularly noticeable difference. I think theres enough other inferences that helped people to come to this conclusion about Gren though.

Fairies are just fucking disgusting, man. In HapCha they have to rub their noses to make them sneeze out a card, in Fresh, Buki has to go all rubber glove on Chiffon to clear up her constipation. They're worse than animals.

Fairies are kinda scary. Think of the Jinrui ones too lol.
Dunno if Id trust one!

I almost just want to hope for full schadenfreude for Chaika, but knowing my terrible luck it'll turn out great.

I dont think thats the right way to go with things Arti. Always hope for a good outcome and prepare for a bad one. Life is about perspective. Its not always rosy and its not always terrible but a person can make it so.

I can confirm that this was a 100% literal translation and the original Japanese was indeed making a Skyrim joke.

Thats impressive if true. Im not a skyrim fan (at all) but I like that sorta thing. It severely dates a work though if it relies too much on pop culture references.

Calm down duckroll.

He's telling you to get off your computer.

Why would anyone do that?!
(I just laid down for a quick rest and slept 5 hours. Now I have half of GBF 6 to finish still)

SpASS BUTTleship Yamato 2199 12

YOU TWO MORONS STOP ARGUING, NOW GO SCRUB THE GIANT DEATH CANNON
This episode had a very nice look into the enemy planet. I really enjoy things like that.
I find it weird how the Garmillans refer to space objects as things like "Large Magellanic Cloud" and "Milky Way" when those are the INFERIOR RACE names. Did they have a Magellan too? Minor gripe.

Also:

n3bzIcK.jpg

THANK YOU XEBEC

I know fanservice is a thing, but I do like when characters display the attraction you would expect of someone who has to work with girls like that. Even if its subtle. Makes them more believable.

Red Chaika is gonna be won over by White Chaikas cuteness and gratefulness.

There are also other Chaikas out there. Maybe well get Chaika Power Rangers and together they have a giant Dragoonzord or something.

If MTG is anything to go by, Blue Chaika is gonna be super smart and quiet, Green Chaika is going to be 7ft tall and muscular and black Chaika is gonna be some cunning vampire zombie.

Midonin

Fairy Musketeers 10-12

The show's found its groove and more or less changed its genre by this point. Spending seven episodes in the real world was a bit of a slow start, but it helped to establish why Souta got pulled into this journey. The thousand year flower was simple but effective - Miyukichi Power once again reigns supreme - and the story with the wine cellar looked like it was setting up plot points for future episodes with the Lycans. Val doesn't like 'em, and Souta said as much that they'll meet again.

Episode 11 was my favorite of the Phandavale episodes so far. Gretel got to play a part, we learned something of the characters' backstories - they all went to separate magic schools. Is there a Phandavalian Tri-Wizard Tournament? - and Red's was hosting what looked suspiciously like a Japanese school festival. Odd how that works. That was what I'd expect, what I really liked was the brief return of Hamelin and Ringo attempting to learn some magic in order to feel like she's not just tagging along. She's got a ways to go, but A for effort.

Kinda Town of the Week at the moment, but the show's been doing a good job with keeping the serialization moving at a good clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom