• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
dx8Z2d0.jpg

fojVmNY.jpg

jgminto

Awesome, I hope they cut out some of the bullshit that soured the later battles in the series. That grand final...forever ruined.

cajunator

Banned
Fuckin Lotus juice I love you, so amazing. Damn do these Movies look so much better than the sub par Persona 4 animation. Looks like the SEES group is getting the character development they deserve, with Ken and my man Makoto. I have a few Anime's that are a contender for AOTY, but this is definitely in it.

These characters have some very poor muzzle control.

This is something probably madp only cares about but Sengoku Collection is getting a DVD release.

I care too. for Ieyasu. But not much else.

THE iDOLM@STER 09

This episode was hilarious. The Ami/Mami detective routine was great. The cast and A-game A1 really elevate this.
Iori and Makoto helped a lot too. Also I'm never going to get over Takane's serious man shtick.

GOAT

2441702-0720251747-orkaj2b.gif

Ash is getting a harem!

I almost feel proud for him.

dawwww. Dat blush.

Kino's Journey - 2

Really enjoyed the contemplative talk of why Kino chooses to take one life over another out of good will towards others while still having cognizance to not take life in vain. It all builds up to a very satisfying conclusion that remains thematically in tune with those thoughts throughout the episode. I liked that touch of having a blinding light overwhelm the background during the finale.

Excellent. a pleasing trend has begun!

Woah, all Chaika's are equally Chaikadorable.

I love all of them!

Yu-gi-oh! Arc-V Episode 5
Bno1Tr-CIAArq_I.png

Entermate Discover Rolling Hippo is was best action card moment, lol. Fun duel in this candy dueling place and I think Ill definitely always be so into it whenever a Pendulum Summon happens, its such an exciting time and the way they make it so exciting too see.

Ryuuroden

My man.

G Gundam is shiiiiiiiiiitttttttt.

You should watch GBF though. Legit AOTY.

I have seen GBF, and I consider it legit good, not AOTY good, but definitely a good show. I see the similarities to G Gundam but GBF is everything done right while G Gundam was everything done wrong. I am now done with all gundam series except X which I am watching with friends now. X so far has been a welcome relief from watching Victory then G right after each other. I hear that X actually did terrible in Japan which is probably why I like it, lol. Only 6 eps in, on X, so opinion could change again.

Black Hat

Would you guys recommend Gundam Build Fighters to someone like me who has never watched any Gundam?

Or would there be too many references which would go straight over my head?

Would you guys recommend Gundam Build Fighters to someone like me who has never watched any Gundam?

Yes, you can enjoy it fine without having ever watched another show.
You would definitely get far more out of it with more knowledge, though.
To get every single reference in the show would be a feat though, as it extends outside into mangas and stuff like that.

I've watched Gundam Build Fighters with people that had only watched one series beforehand (G Gundam in their case) and it went down really well. It's a great series in its own right although knowing the references do enhance the experience a little.

Fuck aniplex and their blu-ray pricing.

Yeah their pricing of everything is ridiculous. I value my time and money too much to give more than $200 for a 15 episode anime. No thank you sir.

Nisekoi 18

piVURal.jpg

Faces and reactions of this show crack me up. That's my girl haha.

This was a bit painful to watch because you can feel the drama rising. Funny they put one of the more fanservice focused episodes mixed with the saddest one so far.

I can't hate Raku, he is an oblivious dumbass but I can't hate him. But in other episodes they manage to balance him with silly and cool moments, and in this one he was shameful from beginning to end. However, I kinda have sympathy for him.

Onodera and Chitoge outclass any other girl in this show, there is no competition.

Shu and Ruri are the best couple for real.

I really wonder how this is going to play out.

Episode really let me down. But you cannot deny the reaction faces.

Also I am still mad at Raku.

Onodera is shittttttttttt. Worst girl in the entire series.

Chitoge for life. Shes the best girl by far. I really wish they just swerved and gave her the win but I guess they'll do a 2nd season so that aint happening.

Everyone is entitled to a wrong opinion I guess. :p

Madness, Onodera is love!

gAoF1em.jpg

Onodera is perfection. Only Raku could manage to screw up that much.

matt-smith.gif

Yu-gi-oh! Arc-V Episode 5
Bno1Tr-CIAArq_I.png

Entermate Discover Rolling Hippo is was best action card moment, lol. Fun duel in this candy dueling place and I think Ill definitely always be so into it whenever a Pendulum Summon happens, its such an exciting time and the way they make it so exciting too see.

I dislike this hippo.
Yep i can't stand too many thing in this season.. and i certainly don't like the rules.
Maybe i'm too old , but i doubt it since i can support other series just fine , but yugioh was only good in the original saga , the 3rd part of gx ( only ) and 5d , every thing else they did annoy me to no end and I LOVE THE CARD GAME.
i've even won several local tournament of this thing.

But what the heck are they doing with Arc-V ?
Card games on motorcycles was funny and full of nonsense but at least the mecanics were so much believable , grounded , fun to watch.Ever since xezal , all i see is a bunch of asspulls every freaking episode.

Is that really true? I mean, we can take away the crappy Angel Beats posts I guess.

Angel Beats is great man! What's your beef with it?

And people said this community was laid back.

I like Nisekoi. I think its a legitimately good show. I'm not going to apologize for it either.

I agree. Why should someone apologize for something they like. That's like me saying you can't derive enjoyment from The Tatami Galaxy. Sure I may not have but that doesn't mean others won't. The broad strokes that some try to paint shows and try to convey it as this universal truth is tiring.

These characters have some very poor muzzle control.

The Persona 3 Movie will bring everlasting enjoyment for the people who watch it, believe it!

I mean how can you say no to this adorable puffy cuteness. I sure as hell know that Woofington wouldn't get enough of this and agree with me, considering his love for dogs.

ibwqyl4i8idjiqljgv4j.png

cajunator

Banned

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Nah. But Tari Tari felt more like it. I think they saw the sewing machines and ran with it.

Di Gi Charat

So yeah this was quite good. Funny and pretty well done for a 3 minute show.

Dawwwwww
I have this on DVD from a long time ago. Its very :cajun
Maybe a bit too much for some.

*sees news of more Build Fighters*

Yy0WQ7t.jpg

Mother of God Kirby!
Use quotes lol.

Hell no. Enjoy that stuff. I know little about Gundam and I dont even like the shows but Im enjoying GBF alot.

Yeah their pricing of everything is ridiculous. I value my time and money too much to give more than $200 for a 15 episode anime. No thank you sir.

Episode really let me down. But you cannot deny the reaction faces.

Also I am still mad at Raku.

Everyone is entitled to a wrong opinion I guess. :p

Onodera is perfection. Only Raku could manage to screw up that much.

Yes she is. Its proven with every new episode.

OH

MY

SWEET

MECHA

JESUS

YES YES YES YES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

You are so adorable Corvy!

Angel Beats is great man! What's your beef with it?

I agree. Why should someone apologize for something they like. That's like me saying you can't derive enjoyment from The Tatami Galaxy. Sure I may not have but that doesn't mean others won't. The broad strokes that some try to paint shows and try to convey it as this universal truth is tiring.

He loves Sword Art Online. Please forgive him.

Clannad 9

"I can't believe a story about a dead girl coaxed me into letting my roachdaughter stay out all night with this harem protagonist!"

Way to slack on the fucking job, Roachdad. Next thing you know you're gonna hand the kid a condom and give him a thumbs up.

I would hate Fuko less if she'd stop referring to herself in the third person every ten seconds. Who are you, Hodor? A Pokemon? Come on, kid.

Alright. You muscled through the rough patch. I am proud of you.

From here on out it gets so much better.

Hating on Akio?

ha_ha_get_out__by_wolf_shadow77-d3fujm9.png

Akio is one of my favorite characters in anime. Period.

It's also easily ignored as one doesn't have to correct every perceived slight on the internet.

Despite how true this is we all try in some way every once in a while. :p

Yes she is. Its proven with every new episode.

:D

Everyone has there favorites but it's like impossible to hate Onodera.

Also Shu/Ruri best couple of the show thus far.

He loves Sword Art Online. Please forgive him.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA. Soda is all over my desk now. Thanks for that. Lol.

Mokoi

Banned
Shows I am watching.

Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?
Show of the year maybe. Really funny how the purple girl just pulls out a glock. Will keep watching.

Chaika
Pretty okay so far. Fights are pretty good though. Red chaika is best.

Sidonia no Kish
I am a sucker for mecha anime. The cgi has not bothered me too much I have seen worse. The fight scenes hold up well enough. The cockpit shots of the mech look really cool. Just wish we got more mecha anime that doesn't suck (Captain Earth).

JoJo
I preferred part 2 way more. Not too impressed with the stand fights they just seem pretty predictable. I like young Joseph better than Jotaro.

Black Bullet
Sleepy tina is funny. Way better than I imagined it would be.
Enju will die or become overcome by the virsus calling it.

Mushishi
Will pick up once more episode are out. I already know I will like it.

cajunator

Banned
[Cowboy Bebop - 13]

Well, watching this in Japanese has been informative. There seems to be a pretty important script change for no apparent reason. In the English version of this episode Gren says:

"When I came home from the war they put me in prison. They thought I was a spy. I heard it was Vicious that testified against me, I started to go crazy. So they gave me some new drug they were testing on prisoners. It was highly addictive, and the side effects? Well, my hormones went out of balance and this is what happened."

But in the Japanese he says:

"In prison I went insane from insomnia. As a result I became a drug addict. There were side effects..."

Now this change is weird for a couple of reasons. Obviously it changes the characterisation of Gren somewhat because he talks about becoming a drug addict through choice. Moreover though, it completely misses the important thematic conception of dreaming vs waking. It seems pretty important that Gren would go crazy from insomnia when you consider that Spike is a character who feels like he's never woken up from a nightmare. What an odd change.

Maybe Bandai had to change the context to match Gren's lip flaps. This is just my speculation as I have not watched the complete series outside of random episodes on Toonami throughout the years. Still waiting for FUNimation's official solicitation.

Yeah, I hate that too. However, with a good portion of the older US anime companies gone (Central Park, Geneon, Bandai, ADV) there are less companies that bother doing this. From the releases I have from them, Sentai, Aniplex, and NISA leave the Japanese credits intact.

Nozomi/Right Stuf still keep the original Japanese credits and follow that by a separate reel showing the English staff credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom