• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Alright guys. I don't know what to watch anymore.... After GBF there's like... nothing... I guess I'll go watch E7 again...

Is there an explanation for the obsession of the Japanese with cats? Is it because they're low maintenance compared to dogs, and in a work-heavy culture that's the best option?

Dogs are pretty popular in Japan too. One of the most famous dogs being Hachiko.

Alright guys. I don't know what to watch anymore.... After GBF there's like... nothing... I guess I'll go watch E7 again...

You could watch G Gundam. It's the closest thing there is in the TV Gundam series to GBF. There's also Gunpla Builders Beginning G a 3 episode OVA which is the precursor to GBF.

Pick from one of these if you haven't

1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Fate Zero
3. Berserk (both manga and the three movies released)
4. Samurai Champloo
5. Great Teacher Onizuka
6. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
7. Steins Gate
8. Yamato 2199
9. Baccano
10. Gintama
11. Black Lagoon
12. Monster
13. Ghost in the Shell
14. Psycho-Pass
15. Space Brothers

ONII-SAMA The Animation 07

In this episode Onii-Sama and friends come down on a terrorist group with EXTREME VIOLENCE AND EXCESSIVE FORCE, freezing mass groups of people and lopping off arms. What heroes.
And then
blood explosions and Elfen Lied shit, what the hell? I guess this Enrollment arc is finally over. Is this series just going to turn really violent now?

Theonik

Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki 02
iyENLZUL7rsnc.png
Well this was obvious but pretty nice to have it as an early reveal.
Also we harem now (soon?)
Still best girl. But what really annoys me. IS HE GETTING THAT GEM BACK?!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
You could watch G Gundam. It's the closest thing there is in the TV Gundam series to GBF. There's also Gunpla Builders Beginning G a 3 episode OVA which is the precursor to GBF.

Not a big fan of G Gundam...

Pick from one of these if you haven't

1. Cowboy Bebop - Eh....
2. Fate Zero - Loved it....
3. Berserk (both manga and the three movies released) - I'll look into it
4. Samurai Champloo - Eh...
5. Great Teacher Onizuka - Maybe
6. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - Loved it
7. Steins Gate - Loved it
8. Yamato 2199 - Will watch
9. Baccano - Eh....
10. Gintama - eh....
11. Black Lagoon - Eh....
12. Monster - Will look into it
13. Ghost in the Shell - Eh...
14. Psycho-Pass - Already watched
15. Space Brothers - maybe

Well Yamato 2199 is a great choice. Any maybes in there, such as GTO, I'd highly recommend you to consider watching/reading them further. Though since you've mentioned mangas being better in other cases, the manga is better for GTO. As to some of those 'Eh...' you broke my heart. You broke my heart.

Yeah I've watched so many shows and played so many games that animals in people outfits don't phase me anymore. The naked girl bothers me. I thought you were better than this JoJo.

He says he as he remembers
incest fantasizing

cajunator

Banned
Really, I'm just sad at how underused dog-girls are compared to cat-girls. They seem to be picking up with stuff like Dog Days and Kyou no Kerberos, though.

there could be more dog girls. Id be fine with that. They arent as good as catgirls though in terms of playfulness and such.

There are literally thousands of shows to watch.
"Nothing to watch" in anime doesnt exist.

Is this series mostly episodic, or is there a decent sense of continuity as the story goes along?

Mostly episodic/arc based. But the continuity comes from Natsume's relationship with the other recurring characters, and the introduction of friends/yokai that he becomes buddies with that also return in other episodes. This is one of the two shows I told myself I'd advertise to anybody who is curious (the other being GTO) so if you have questions ask away. Another viewer is always a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom