• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant wait for Kuroo and Kenma! (haikyu-bu)
Bn8kNfWIIAAZV0L.jpg:large

Superflat

One Week Friends - 7

Half feels, half Kiryuu dropping the truth bombs.

Kiryuu is so bomb. The friend everyone needs. This week's episode was ULTRA CUTE. Even had a post-credits thing that was pretty neat.

Saki and Kaori are strong competitors for best girl of the season (alongside Tensai).

cnet128

Banned
Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara 7

"Sakura" as an abbreviation of "Sacrament"? I'm actually kind of surprised I haven't seen any other shows use that before.

Butyeah, another episode of half harem-building antics and half weird fantasy drama. Oh, and Megumu in a dress.

Midonin

Fairy Musketeers 22-24

The episode titled "Souta's Mother" didn't tell me as much about the mother as I thought. The episodes before it were more interesting. I did appreciate having Ringo momentarily join in the roll call, that was pretty neat. So if Nanoha is the White Devil, would that make Riding Hood here the Red Comet?

The way 22 and 23 combined various fairy tales was an interesting approach. 22 was obviously based on Rapunzel, mostly, but it had elements of the frog prince near the end. And 23 took a bit from Cinderella, but added a Red Shoes element when Ringo couldn't stop spinning around like a music box ballerina. I think the show was also trying to push some Ringo/Hansel shipping. So it's not just Souta who's developing a harem at his age.

Marlene/Cendrillon's backstory is a classic one for a villain, and could do with a bit more elaboration, but the pieces are starting to fall into place. So she fell in love with somebody from beyond the mirror, but then when she tried to get back to him, he had already found another love, and thus the world was doomed.

Really glad the show's starting to find ways to cut down on the Princess Form stock footage. It's neat to look at, but I don't want it to feel like padding.

La corda d’oro -Blue Sky- Episode 7
Bn8uxurCEAEVSYU.png

Best rivalry. But for plot that which I wanted to happen
Kyoya finally creyed his heart out and admitted things. Hes my favorite character type in these anime and then just to finally get his feelings together and crey and move on. Amazing progress

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Baby Steps Episode 7:

Yes, once again Baby Step provides me with the nice and balanced counterpoints to both Ping Pong the Animation and Ace No Diamond. I rather liked this episode as we could delineate just how much progress Maruo has made in a mere fur months and with the help of the coach he now has a very firm grasp on the basics. In contrast to that we see that Maruo lacks many of the advance tools, like Takuma's ultra precise ball control to be a true top contender. This is to be expected as Maruno is still a raw rookie and I really like the fact that he has to refine his raw talents a fair bit.

trejo

I really worry about all you people who fail to mention Sei's mom as the best girl in GBF, I truly do.

Thankfully it seems as though the majority of Comiket artists know what's up!

Midonin

Tonari no Seki-kun 20

Amateur animation, the use of a song that even for a Japanese pop standard deeply affects me and has convinced me to play at least two VNs because they took part of its lyrics, a lot of which has to do with K-ON! covering the song before I knew of its origins, and ending it all on the punchline of the thing being a commercial, there's a lot to like in this episode.

So next week, both this and Nisekoi wrap, and my spring schedule grows a little lighter. This one will stand out as a really good example of how to do a short anime.

cajunator

Banned

cnet128

Banned
Isshuukan Friends 7

Oh Kaori, you so innocent.

Oh Hase, you so insecure.

Oh Kiryuu, you so brutally honest.

Oh Saki, you so best.

This thought process is why people make fun of "nice guys".

I'm not saying he's in the right. Just like the image above mentioned, he's being a pansy. To be fair though in this specific situation even if Hase-kun had a pair on him it probably wouldn't go too well considering if she was careful about not having friends a boyfriend is out of the question.

Ace of Diamond Episode 32

Fantastic episode, kind of regret having had read it before last week as I would have liked to be
shocked over the injury. Still it should have happened end of last episode for shock value, not in the middle

Looks ugly as hell.

Aila is so much better and I don't even watch the show:

tumblr_n02tms1hHI1qggcr5o3_r1_250.gif

Aila is best girl and all but don't say bad things about the Fenice! Best MS in the show followed closely by Kampfer Amazing.

I really worry about all you people who fail to mention Sei's mom as the best girl in GBF, I truly do.

Thankfully it seems as though the majority of Comiket artists know what's up!

Rinko is great too. I just like Aila more.

1386589314183.gif

Tonari No Seki-kun 20

Hahahaha definitely a top-tier episode. Hearing Seki-kun do the sound effects was hilarious. And Yokoi looking through her husbando's stuff and getting embarassed at hearing him do funny noises was adorable. This show never fails to bring a smile to my face.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
By complete coincidence I just finished WUG earlier.

Wake Up, Girls! End

So yeah, I'd say watch it if you are on idol watch but otherwise just watch some of the better ones (iM@S, Love Live, Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! etc). It may have the distinction of being the most grounded in reality but the problem is reality can be rather boring sometimes.
You're saying that wrestling anime is better? lol

Daimidaler 6-7

Firehawk wasn't lying, this is pretty good parody. It gets points just for its brazenness. And the humor hits much much better than before the change.
Yeah, so... unexpected. I don't know if that's influencing how I'm receiving it though, but the entire change in tone is amazing.

No, not something recent, one of those older shoujo manga... Rose of Versailles maybe?
I don't know if it's referencing a particular shot, but it's definitively referencing shoujo melodrama. I mean, when Softenni did it, you could say that it was an Ace wo Nerae reference at least. lol

Is there an explanation for the obsession of the Japanese with cats? Is it because they're low maintenance compared to dogs, and in a work-heavy culture that's the best option?

Is there an explanation for the obsession of the Japanese with cats? Is it because they're low maintenance compared to dogs, and in a work-heavy culture that's the best option?

Prevalence in anime doesn't necessarily mean cats are more popular. Actually, seems like there's a lot to indicate dogs are more popular in Japan, though really there's nothing conclusive.

As for why cats are more prevalent in anime/manga, I will never know. They might just be a better choice for the environment of people in those industries, which is work work work work work work sleep work.

Chariot

Cats are cute, just look at the internet. And yes, I would say, it helps that you can leave a cat a long time alone without it makung trouble for the neighbiurs.

Prevalence in anime doesn't necessarily mean cats are more popular. Actually, seems like there's a lot to indicate dogs are more popular in Japan, though really there's nothing conclusive.

As for why cats are more prevalent in anime/manga, I will never know. They might just be a better choice for the environment of people in those industries, which is work work work work work work sleep work.

Huh interesting. I've always assumed that cats were a japanese thing since my only real window into Japanese culture is anime and cats are like 90% of the time the pet. But I never did consider that many anime come from manga, and these are people who would most likely be cat people due to low maintenance

Brynhildr in the Darkness - 07

Best girl Kazumi-centered arc. Though there was a bit of despair elements regarding
the inability to recreate the pills within a month and the overarching theme of survival
, this was a pretty light-hearted episode which was enjoyable.

One Week Friends - 07

Hase's jealousy is both annoying and understandable, I mean since this is most likely going to turn into a romance (and considering the age of these characters) his jealousy is predictable and is something he just has to grow/mature out of of. Other than that, Kaori makes more friends! And bro-Shojo dropping truth bombs.

cajunator

Banned
Aila is best girl and all but don't say bad things about the Fenice! Best MS in the show followed closely by Kampfer Amazing.

Rinko is great too. I just like Aila more.

1386589314183.gif

Some anime characters are just perfect. Cant be helped.

Cats are just the best!

Really, I'm just sad at how underused dog-girls are compared to cat-girls. They seem to be picking up with stuff like Dog Days and Kyou no Kerberos, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom