• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I like so many of the characters in GBF. Like... all of them are so likeable. The coolest is easily Meijin. I'm a sucker for that generic cool.

op2hxc9.jpg

One Piece 645

Really taking there time with the tournament.

Little added scene with Law, Fuji, and Doffy was nice.

The Irregular at Magic High School Episode 7 – Enrollment Part VII (mahouka)
tumblr_n5s84jaWSv1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_n5s84jaWSv1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Loved how the anime did the Crimson Prince and Cardinal George intro scene at Third High. Couldnt stop rewatching and then George just standing there the whole time while he showered and then starring while he got out, I wonder if they even do that at home too. Voice wasn't what I expected but was a perfect fit. Need Nine Schools Competition and
Thesis Competition + Yokohoma Disturbance
now.

Solid adaptation of this first arc. Action moment this episode wasnt that bad and made me glad Madhouse is doing it and putting up a much better visual display than they did for Mahou Sensou of last season. Comedy Kirihara was hilarious.

I wish they had said Yotsuba Maya voice, as a few weeks ago I wondered why she hadnt had a va yet.

Ene your the best even as Takane.

http://youtu.be/WLh8BmPfWBA

Love this new ending so much in Mekakucity Actors, the feels man. And thank the living heavens that Nisekoi is about to finish because it seems like Shaft is finally putting in some budget for Mekakucity Actors. Considering the animation looks better.

No offense but the only thing I like about Nisekoi is Marika and maybe Tsugumi.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Brynhildr in the Darkness - 07

This show is beginning to come into its own by slowly building my interest in the main plot. Originally the oppressive and bleak nature of the world made me want to drop the series a couple of times already. While I'm still not totally comfortable with the cartoonish desire of the antagonist to waste life, it feels like I'll be able to continue watching (for now).

ckohler

Gurren Lagann 2

Yoko is super duper fanservicey but I cannot deny that she is awesome and is a really good character with a nice personally. I like her a lot. Ron is just creepy. Nice guy but just really creepy. This episode was mostly about Kamina which is fine because he is probably one of the strongest characters in the show so far. I am guessing Simon will grow out of this pansy stage at some point... hopefully.

Good episode.

Stick with it. The payoffs on this show are fantastic.

Just be warned that episode 4 was directed by a different guy and the characters are all off model and it looks weird. It's only that one episode, though. And episode 6 is SUPER fanservice but it never goes to that level again thankfully.

Superflat

Brynhildr in the Darkness - 07

This show is beginning to come into its own by slowly building my interest in the main plot. Originally the oppressive and bleak nature of the world made me want to drop the series a couple of times already. While I'm still not totally comfortable with the cartoonish desire of the antagonist to waste life, it feels like I'll be able to continue watching (for now).

Just watched episode six and it just reaffirmed everything that I didn't like about that show *_*

We're sad and attractive young girls.
And we were experimented on.
And we ran away.
And everyone wants to kill us.
And they're horribly sadistic.
And we die if we don't take a specific pill every 24 hours.
And we have a instant death button our bodies that causes our entire bodies to melt.
And my best friend died.
And my puppy was slaughtered.
And I only have one wish to fulfill before I die.
And i'm going to die on my birthday/bar mitzvah/Christmas/important day.

It's so hideously contrived and try-hard lol. Everything just has a giant "FEEL BAD FOR THIS GIRL" sign above their heads. How many times can the protagonist go, "these poor girls, they live such hard lives!", and have evil dudes kill defenseless girls to show you that they are evil?

I am watching it subbed on CR.

Yeah I felt bad for him too. He really got shafted this episode.

I watched it dubbed on my first run. Dub isn't bad, but subbed is the superior version.

Gundam Build Fighters 17 - 25: Series Review

Amazing. Brilliant. Stupendous. Spectacular.

It's been a while since I've seen an anime that's just been this consistently amazing since the first episode.

So yeah, At first glance, this show's premise sounds like your basic scheme to advertise as much Gundam products as you can. And in a way, they do. But rather than just throw fan-favourite Gundams out there for the sake of fanservice, they modify them in ways that reflect the theme of the show that is being creative with Gunpla and using your imagination. Not only that, they actually are able to tell more than just a simple tournament story. Gundam Build Fighters is a story of perseverance, friendship, and how a simple (and yet not so simple) toy can bring people together and change them.

The characters in GBF are wonderful. All the main characters join the tournament for different reasons. Some to be the very best, yes. Others for slightly different, and darker reasons that are explained as the shows goes on.

I think my favourite character out of all of them was Aila. Her story was the best.
A poverty-stricken girl is taken in by a company due to her being able to predict the outcome of Gunpla battles. Due to the way the company treats her, she develops a hatred for Gunpla battles and is quite angsty about the thing. But the show doesn't dwell on this angst. Instead of constantly seeing her depressed, we see her doing other things that can make any regular person happy! She's not just a stereotype. She's a human being.

Hell, even the villains aren’t just stereotypical villains! I especially liked how in one scene in a later episode the villain’s secretary goes
"With this power, you can take over the world!” And he just responds with, "Nah, that’s too much work.”

But it wouldn’t be a Gundam celebration if there weren’t any cameos we’re there? Episode 23 was filled to the brim with these. Including one I wasn’t fond of.

fjHaZn9.jpg

Hey! What the hell are you two idiots doing here? Go back to Gundam X where you belong!!

I was also very happy to see that
Gundam Exia, one of my favourites got a lot of love in the late episodes. I also love how when they introduced it they showed it coming out of Celestial Being’s ship. Lol.

The show also does that thing I oh so always love to see in my anime, playing the theme song during its epic battles! But seriously, I almost jumped out of my chair in joy when the first opening song played during the championship match in episode 24.

So in conclusion, go see it. If you like anime and whether you’re a fan of Gundam or not, this show has so much energy that I think it’s a good anime to introduce people to Gundam. Sunrise put their freaking hearts and souls into making this anime. I would talk more about it and praise it further but there's just way too much to praise it for. Why are you even still reading this? GO WATCH THIS SHOW RIGHT NOW.

cnet128

Banned
Baby Steps 7

Forget baby steps, it feels more like our protag is taking giant leaps in terms of ability here. And yet his development still feels pretty natural.

A fun and intense episode as usual. Almost no Takasaki-san in it, though =(

Just watched episode six and it just reaffirmed everything that I didn't like about that show *_*

We're sad and attractive young girls.
And we were experimented on.
And we ran away.
And everyone wants to kill us.
And they're horribly sadistic.
And we die if we don't take a specific pill every 24 hours.
And we have a instant death button our bodies that causes our entire bodies to melt.
And my best friend died.
And my puppy was slaughtered.
And I only have one wish to fulfill before I die.
And i'm going to die on my birthday/bar mitzvah/Christmas/important day.

It's so hideously contrived and try-hard lol. Everything just has a giant "FEEL BAD FOR THIS GIRL" sign above their heads. How many times can the protagonist go, "these poor girls, they live such hard lives!", and have evil dudes kill defenseless girls to show you that they are evil?

Well that's why i couldn't get past ep 3, i'm kinda sad to hear that my impressions of the show were right

Theonik

and no Honey D:

So what you're saying is... the pleasure of vaginal sex is actually the acids slightly burning your penis. Okay, explains some things.
I said no such thing!

SO CUTE. Must get to S ASAP.
Inform me when you get to R!

That's one overblown statement considering there is no one best show on the planet. More like one hell of a amazing show would better suit it.
You are right. GBF is out of this world. Best show in the universe.

Didn't make the connection till now. lol

cnet128

Banned
Gokukoku no Brynhildr 7

Welp, looks like we're
living on borrowed time again - if the MC can't find the research facility within a month, everybody is going to die
. It's an effective method of keeping the stakes and tension high, that's for sure.

But in the meantime...karaoke, swimsuits and maid cafes, oh my! I really enjoy this show's balance between the morbid melodrama and the more lighthearted harem-esque stuff. Kuroneko's
oblivious rejection of the guy making advances on her
and Kazumi's
"are they all virgins?!"
were pretty priceless XD

cajunator

Banned
The expression in the upper-right corner -- I feel like that's a reference to a particular series and not just a general thing, but I forget which one.

Maybe Seitokai Yakuindomo?

Amazeballs ep 7 KEIKAKU EDITION

1ats8t.jpg

Seriously, who is this person at crunchyroll translating this? A former somebody from TV-Nihon subs? Or is my lingo vocab rusty?

What show?

GBF 1-13

Best fucking show on the planet.

nah but its really really fun. Loving it so far (im on episode 13 too)

Saw this and thought of this community:

WAIFUISM AND YOU - An Educational Film

He dont know nothin about my waifus ._.

Jex

He's not Generic Cool, he's Tongue in Cheek Cool.

Right. This goes for many aspects of the series, of course. They totally know what they're doing and the show works because both the viewer and the audience are on the same page.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Right. This goes for many aspects of the series, of course. They totally know what they're doing and the show works because both the viewer and the audience are on the same page.
Us gundam fans eh? Us gundam fans.

Jex

https://twitter.com/ghibli_intl/status/468096449037606912

Looks like the international Studio Ghibli staff is considering a Reddit AMA. What kinds of questions would you ask them if they did one?

How long do they seriously think they'll last without the masters raking in the money? I mean, that's kind of the most obvious business related question that the senior staff have no doubt been wrestling with for years.

Also, why do you drive out talent like Hosoda that could have carried your Studio forward?
It's good everyone can see Aila is undeniably the bestest girl.

I don't understand why anyone would talk about girls in a series about beautiful robots.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's called "Sengoku", and yet it uses Chinese martial arts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom