• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I just realized something. Unless I'm mistaken, her name literally means "snow princess". Seems to fit her character.

yes thats what it means but she isnt even the best snow princess.
3rEnMmo.jpg

The US is already getting a BD re-release and the Bandai version was still readily available for cheap until recently anyway.

Undammit

Finalow

those final episodes of GBF are so good. I'm also glad that S2 is confirmed, hopefully it won't be shit.
btw, is anyone reading Gundam Build Fighters A? How is it?

Superflat

I wanna do rankings too!

"Love" tier:

Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka?
Mushishi 2
Ping Pong the Animation
Mekakucity Actors
Isshuukan Friends

"Really like" tier:

Black Bullet
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
No Game No Life
Selector Infected WIXOSS

"Pretty good" tier:

Nanana no Maizoukin
Hitsugi no Chaika
M3 Kuroki no Hagane
Mahou Shoujo Taisen

"Wait and see/Okay" tier:

Mahouka
Soul Eater NOT

"Will keep watching because... no reason" tier:

Captain Earth

"ACK" tier:

Brynhildr

And still watching Nisekoi and Tonari no Seki kun from last season and still enjoying both!

I feel like i will be the only one with blade and soul in his list because everyone want to forget that this anime exist.

Not that i don't understand you all, i don't even know why i'm still watching .

--------------------------------------------------
Black bullet - 01
Black%20Bullet%20-%2001.jpg

I can POINT

Alright first episode.
The world setting is explained , the relationship between teh 2 lead is explained, we got a serious view at the main character and the other important biuts are all laid out right from the start , starting from a bad guy , ugly monsters, a crazy doctor, the company president.
Everything feel fine so far.

Gundam SEED - 12

Wow, I have to say, I'm really enjoying this series so far. Like, I knew Kira was going to stay, but I didn't expect him to be the last one to agree to do so. If anything I expected him to be the first one to stand up and announce that he wanted to stay and continue to protect the people just like that. But no, instead they keep his character with how he doesn't want to fight and have him about to leave only for his friends to tell him that they're staying because Flay decided to join the military.

I like the look on his face in the last shot before the ED. He doesn't look like some determined hero getting ready to save the day. He looks like he's unsure if what he just did was the right thing to do, because this was purely his choice this time. Did he make a good or bad decision? Only time will tell for him, so he keeps going.

Definitely enjoying where they're going with this show so far. Sure the whole situation and conflict of the show feels a lot like Code Geass, but I think this show is doing a better job of capturing that "serious" feel that Geass tried to do before it descended into hilarious madness, and I hope this show stays the way it's been.

nintendoman58, do not worry if you're enjoying gundam seed , it's perfectly normal ..the characters are fine, the story holds itself and the animation was quite alright ( very good at some points )

However , it's very unfair to compare this show to code geass , first because seed pre-date geass by a LONG shot , second because their leads and supports are in total différent leagues.Seed , if it wasn't obvious by those first 12 eps deals a lot more with the characters and their motivations towards the unexpected and where it lead them.
Third , when you compare the two , geass was more like a madman toying with people to create an utopia...even the goals are different.

Andrew J.

Samurai Flamenco 07

I like how the episode had the revelation about Masayoshi's parents early on so the viewer would be less likely to anticipate any sort of surprise later.

The events of this episode are on the same trajectory that had been hinted at by earlier goofy escalations, just much further along. Once you have stationary-themed supergadgets, there's no going back.

Masayoshi's going to have to power-up significantly to fight actual supervillains. That should be fun.

jgminto

Ranking Time?

Godly Tier
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
Mushishi

Gureto Tier
Yowamushi Pedal
Haikyuu
No Game No Life
Hunter x Hunter

Good Tier
Baby Steps
Ace of Diamond

Catch-up Tier
Ping Pong
One Week Friends
Mekaku City Actors

Dropped Tier
Mahouka
Captain Earth

Persona 3 - Movie 1
ibaiLYI3S94n1i.jpg

Goddess voiced by DA GODDESS.
A mostly adequate adaptation of the first key events of the game. While I think some changes to the story were fine, I am REALLY not a fan of how the MC was portrayed throughout most of the movie. Yuki being some blank-state douche and how the other characters react to said doucheness changes the entire tone of those parts in the game and it irked me a ton. I wasn't expecting the almost slapstick version of Yu that was in the P4 anime since this was a "serious" adaptation, but I think they could have done something with the character that'd make him less irritating.

One big gripe aside, I'd recommend it to people who've played the game and only to them. It's definitely a better adaptation compared to the P4 anime (as low a bar that may be) but fitting all of that story within an hour and a half doesn't represent it sufficiently enough for any newcomers. Now give me Koromaru and Aigis!!!

-Horizon-

Is the Order a Rabbit 7
Cocoa, never change pls.

Nanana 7
Yukihime needs to replace Nanana.

Inugami 7
New zoo member. Please do not feed her your bananas.
HA!

nintendoman58, do not worry if you're enjoying gundam seed , it's perfectly normal ..the characters are fine, the story holds itself and the animation was quite alright ( very good at some points )

However , it's very unfair to compare this show to code geass , first because seed pre-date geass by a LONG shot , second because their leads and supports are in total différent leagues.Seed , if it wasn't obvious by those first 12 eps deals a lot more with the characters and their motivations towards the unexpected and where it lead them.
Third , when you compare the two , geass was more like a madman toying with people to create an utopia...even the goals are different.

You're right on those points. I'm not saying that SEED is exactly like Code Geass, I'm just reminded of Geass with SEED's scenario with Kira and Athrun (two good friends on opposite sides of a war, a la Suzaku and Lelouch) and also with the Coordinators and Naturals (The two main races that are fighting each other in the war, a la Britannians and Japanese).

But as you said, the characters are entirely different, and the goals are as well. Sorry if it sounded like I was comparing the two, because where I am now, SEED really is in a different league than Geass. I was just reminded of the seriousness that Geass was trying to go for in its first few episodes before everything went crazy, is all.

Persona 3 - Movie 1

A mostly adequate adaptation of the first key events of the game. While I think some changes to the story were fine, I am REALLY not a fan of how the MC was portrayed throughout most of the movie. Yuki being some blank-state douche and how the other characters react to said doucheness changes the entire tone of those parts in the game and it irked me a ton. I wasn't expecting the almost slapstick version of Yu that was in the P4 anime since this was a "serious" adaptation, but I think they could have done something with the character that'd make him less irritating.

One big gripe aside, I'd recommend it to people who've played the game and only to them. It's definitely a better adaptation compared to the P4 anime (as low a bar that may be) but fitting all of that story within an hour and a half doesn't represent it sufficiently enough for any newcomers. Now give me Koromaru and Aigis!!!

I think that's the whole point though. He's been through some shit and just doesn't care about anything anymore, and over the course of the movies he'll become a better person and get much closer to everyone. I think it works really well and his interactions with Yukari were the highlight of the film.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sunrise Exec 1: So, this EVA thing is pretty popular. We should try to get in on some of that.
Sunrise Exec 2: Okay, let's make the ending completely incomprehensible and borrow imagery from 2001, A Space Odyssey.
Sunrise Exec 1: Best. Idea. Ever.

Gundam Unicorn 7.

Jarmel

Banned
Sunrise Exec 1: So, this EVA thing is pretty popular. We should try to get in on some of that.
Sunrise Exec 2: Okay, let's make the ending completely incomprehensible and borrow imagery from 2001, A Space Odyssey.

Gundam Unicorn 7.

*Sigh*

That reminds me I need to do my write up for Episode 5.

Narag

Gundam Unicorn 7.

Getting 00 movie flashbacks.

Selector Wixoss 8
I probably should have expected something like this to happen considering it's trying be like Madoka for card games. Since they showed that losing is shit, they've got to show that winning is also terrible.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
The way I read KS was that you didn't determine the choices that Hisao made, it was that you determined the type of person that Hisao was.

This is how I felt as well. He's a different person in Rin's route than in Lilly's route than in Hanako's route etc.

Now I want to play it again.

Toad.T

Banned
I'll do rankings of the most recent Anime as well!

5.Power Stone
4.Gundam Seed
3.Pokemon
2.Sailor Moon
1.DragonBall Z.

...I'm sorry, I should give myself SOME credit. I'm not that far behind.

3.Naruto
2.Bleach
1.One Piece.

That one seemed alright, the ones that puzzle me are dressing room scenes that take place in almost every episode. They haven't been gratuitous about it but I always thought it was silly. I guess it's a easy way to have discussion scenes lol.

Sometimes it feels like the writers went "Oh shit we didnt show any panties today, make em take their clothes off the next time theyre talking". Its weirder because the characters in this show look extra cuter and kiddier than other shows about cute girls. At least they dont linger for too long.

Syrinx

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu 9

Damn, that Mao picking on Tessa bit while Kurz and the other guys were listening in on them was absolutely filthy. Mao is the best.

Puchimas!! 45

LORecUFl.jpg

You see a lot of blood in the Puchimas!! diner.

Ginga e Kickoff!! 27-28

More bonding of the team and Reika once again being the best character.

My current show ranking:

1. Dylon
2. Dylon
3. Dylon
4. Dylon
5. Dylon
6. Chaika
7. NGNL
8. One Week Friends
9. Brynhildifiridifing
10. Not your favorite show

Dropped: Your favorite show

fertygo

Tonight's question: what do you feel is the most "anime" anime series that you've ever watched?

Neon Genesis Evangelion, while its had some of ground breaking move for the medium, its also encapsulate everything that you gonna expect from the medium, not to mention its inspiring a lot of stuff that came after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom