• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vito

Banned
Got more Clannad stuff in the mail today:

I want it!

How can one not love Clannad?

For real. Clannad After Story is still my favorite anime of all time. It's pretty amazing.

Love Kanon 2006 more, but like Clannad enough to get artbooks and music.

Yeah. Your the Kanon guy and I am the Clannad/Angel Beats guy.

Clannad is pretty rad. One of Key's better things.

The finest to ever come from KyoAni and Key.

You guys are going to make Pshyconinja cry tears of joy on this page. :p

:,)

For better or for worse Clannad is the least revolting of keyshit.

I am taking this as a complement. :)

Clannad is the only Key thing I've watched all the way through.

Well if it had to be one Key show....

MyAnimeList says I watched 466 TV shows and Clannad After Story is still my favorite anime of all time.

I like you.

Clannad AS is by far the best work KyoAni has ever done. It's a fucking masterpiece really.

My MAL says I've spent 158.71 days of my life watching anime and Clannad AS is right up there for the very best.

You guys :)))))).

------------------------------------------------------
Best page on AnimeGAF ever

TheRancor

Gundam Unicorn-5
There was seemingly a lot more CGI in this episode which hurt the visuals.
There is a fair amount of CGI in episode 7.

One area of animation that I thought was disappointing was the camerawork. This is an issue I've had with the rest of the series in that the camerawork for the fights is pretty flat. I expected a lot more out of the aerial battles. There is a lot of detail in the animation but the camerawork/storyboarding limits the impact.
I thought some of the fights in the series had decent storyboarding while some others are more flat and less organic. That said, the camera doesn't have to go crazy dynamic every time. But yeah, episode 5 definitely could have been much better in that regard.

On a related note, here is an alternate Unicorn launch scene from the 2007 Novel PV recently uploaded in good quality if you haven't seen it.

http://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/5491

http://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/5492

TUSR

Banned
Nanana's Buried Treasure Ep. 7

Started out indifferent to the show, but now that its more fleshed out its become one of my top shows this season.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Patema Inverted
It feels like the world created here is completely and utterly wasted. The writing is so painfully bad that every scene feels extremely muted when it comes to the characters themselves. Monumental things are happening, but they elicit almost no reaction from the players in each scene that everything comes across as lifeless. The one thing the show does seem capable of pushing is the annoying and obvious hand wringing of a society that's supposed to be evil. I fell asleep before the halfway point, and I don't really feel compelled to return.

Fuck that Dynamite in the Brain podcast for liking HAL more than this though.

Knights of Sidonia 07
Waifu status:Gauna.
Kunato you pathetic bastard.

Well i guess you will turn to girl later
gYKXJas.png

cajunator

Banned
"Wizard Barristers v2 sells 497 BDs, DVDs do not rank."

rip fixed bds

Wow. I hate to see such a colossal failure but I guess the show just didnt appeal and wasnt very good.

This is fucked up.

The worst thing about this particular piece of anime logic is that
IT ENDS UP BEING RETROACTIVELY JUSTIFIED

Find me a job that actually gives me paid vacation days and I would drive there just to marathon Yami all night with you.

Paid vacation? So many companies offer that. Especially oilfield.

Meanwhile, Yuzuki's brother is at the WIXOSS shop playing some friendly matches. Keep in mind that Yuzuki is far from alone in her desire for the Kazuki dick. For some reason that is never elaborated upon, Kazuki is wildly popular with the girls in his grade and has a gaggle of bimbo sycophants that follow him everywhere like lust-crazed little puppies. One of these girls takes him aside privately and confesses to him, and he politely declines.

That results in....................this:

http://a.pomf.se/syorlr.webm

SUCH LOGIC WOW.
"If you're not fucking your sister, then prove it by kissing me."
ahahahahahahahahahahaha

The best part is the line "don't you feel sorry for Yuzuki" implies that he KNOWS his sister has incestual feelings for him.

cnet128

Banned
The best part is the line "don't you feel sorry for Yuzuki" implies that he KNOWS his sister has incestual feelings for him.

If anything I'd say it implies the opposite (I'm pretty sure the intention is that he thinks these unfounded accusations are hurtful towards his innocent sister).

Andrew J.

For some reason that is never elaborated upon, Kazuki is wildly popular with the girls in his grade and has a gaggle of bimbo sycophants that follow him everywhere like lust-crazed little puppies.

"For some reason"? I watched all those webms, and Kazuki is a serious bishie. Even I kind of want to ruffle his fuwafuwa hair.

Acosta

I'm in love with the intros of Date a Life.

"Yuri. The world of aesthetics and perversion"
"The forbidden door opens in front of Shido"
"It´s all right. It´s only scary at first"

Jarmel

Banned
So to flip things around, how many series are there where the little brother wants the onee-san?

We're getting Nanana this season so there is that.

I do wonder why it's younger sisters compared to older though. Is it the perception that since they're younger, they're more subservient and easier to mold?

Chariot

We're getting Nanana this season so there is that.

I do wonder why it's younger sisters compared to older though. Is it the perception that since they're younger, they're more subservient and easier to mold?
The younger the better something something

Mononoke

Banned
Hey guys, been a while. I'm actually holding off on a lot of the Spring shows, as I'm going to marathon them when they finish (a lot of these shows are 12 episodes). The only one I'm watching live is Nisekoi lol

Anyways, I been on a romance kick ever since Toradora and Clannad a couple months back. Meh god, too many feels. Basically, I think most Anime do romance horribly. I don't even know why I punish myself anymore. If it's not the lack of resolution, it's usually shitty people being shitty. Randomly started watching Kimi no Iru Machi, holy god what a bunch of insufferable people.

White Album 2, School Days. Yeahhhh I think I'm at the end of my line for this sub-genre. :p

Black Bullet - 02

The world of black bullet sucks

It sucks BIG TIME

If it wasn't for this very intriging antagonist , the crazy killer hungry loli daughter that follow him , and the MC that is likeable i would have dropped this because i cannot forgive emotionnaly what i saw in the first part of this ep..but at least they did a good job of delivering this scene i guess.

So right now black bullet is raising in my ranking at a decent pace... let's hope this arc delivers in the ways i want to.

Mononoke

Banned

I mean...I can give respect to some of these series. Not every story has to be comfortable. And I do applaud some of them tackling some darker aspects of relationships. Not everyone is always happy. But my god, so many Anime follow the same tropes. It just gets exhausting as hell. And some of these characters are just down right despicable. FUUUUCK. Too many feels. I don't even know if I want to finish Kimi no Iru Machi at this point, already know where it's heading (on Episode 9).

Midonin

Escha & Logy 07

That's a lot of Lincas. So they're not twins and they're not clones, she just comes from a family that has some very strong genes, I guess. The one who likes to drink looks like fun. I wonder if the subplot about their mother will tie back into things, or if that's another thread that'll be left hanging to get people to play the game. Also, next week is a hot springs trip!

sonicmj1

Crest of the Stars 6

The existence of some actual larger conflict definitely makes things feel more interesting.

ibbb22zQ84tHLa.jpg

This shot felt very Evangelion to me.

This episode was largely a lesson in aristocratic norms for Abh society. We see what Lafiel's title actually means in practice, and Jinto's relative insignificance compared to her. There's also a bit more subtle worldbuilding about the state of humanity outside the Abh Empire. The bizarre tangle of aristocratic politics isn't something I normally see rendered with this much detail, and its satisfying to see Lafiel try to cut through it as best she can.

There are also tons of maids in this episode, which I guess is surprising in its own way.

ibbUXMusVwKzVk.jpg

Don't piss off a maid.

It's always been tough for me to talk about this show because it's really plot-heavy and I don't like rehashing that stuff in my impressions. But I feel like it's starting to find its rhythm, which is nice.

Black bullet - 03

So many morons in this world/universe

Black%20Bullet%20-%2003.jpg

Good girl good girl , don't cry ..

All those feels , she is crying dammit ! And it's their fault !

So many lolis left and right too !
Oh and the Antagonist is really good so far

Watching this i really want to give everyone in the area a double serving of slapping in their face because they deserve it !

Gundam SEED - 13

tsxMJDx.png

Well, Celestial Being's dead.

Just....damn.

What kind of asshole purposely turns and shoots down civilians just for being forced to pass through his precious little combat zone?

This freaking hurts. The Earth Forces sacrifices were almost in vain because of that! The Archangel was pretty much the only survivor!

Black Bullet - 04
Nice end for this arc , filled with sadness even when the MC saved the day ..we should say that everything is mostly dark as we are put in the secret of what was in the box and many other things.

The battle was kinda anti-climatic ( it ended too fast) but they probably didn't have much time considering how much they had to cram in for this ep.

BUT
I guess this anime is really delivering on the "crying loli" angle.

I'm very intrested to see how they continue , and where they will go from there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom