• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

These retroactive add-ons are unexpected. :p
What turned into an Utena watchbet suddenly snowballed... but I'm with Utena, I'm also getting Theonik to actually watch Aria, so there's a little more of a fair trade there. lol

And I'm not going to watch 52 episodes of LOGH. Now if new four people combine to say 52 eps of LOGH, then I might consider it. :p

As someone who chases the new, cutting myself off from watching new anime is terrifying!

110 eps of LOGH! Anything else is unacceptable.

duckroll

Soul Eater Not - Episode 8

dEVCVvt.jpg

SDBurton destroyed. :(

Mothman91

So I just finished watching Gurren Laggan.

I halted watching Mushishi season 1, because of season 2 that's airing this season. I also want to watch Pingpong. Is there any other anime that's a must watch or I shoud atleast check out that came out this season?

jgminto

I halted watching Mushishi season 1, because of season 2 that's airing this season. I also want to watch Pingpong. Is there any other anime that's a must watch or I shoud atleast check out that came out this season?

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

zeroshiki

Code Geass

Hyouka

Serious answer, depends on what you're looking for.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Majin Bone Episode 9:

I am going to start calling this crew Team Uesless because holy fuck what a bunch of jobbers they are.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Baby Steps.

What have you seen? Have you watched fate zero?

JoeFu

Banned

Mothman91

Well, again, it depends what type you're looking for. Would you be interested in fluffy stuff like Usagi Drop or K-On? mindfucks like Mawaru Penguindrum?
Nothing like K-On and Usagi Drop. I think I tried watching Penguindrum but couldn't get into it. I do like action/adventure stuff.
What have you seen? Have you watched fate zero?

Stuff I liked: Gurren Laggan.
Kill la Kill
Cowboy Bebop
From the New World

There's a lot more there, but I can't really think of it on the top of my head. I did try watching Fate Zero but also could not get into that. Maybe I'll try again.

Mothman91

I don't understand...
I think I'll try to rewatch it. There is two seasons of Fate/Zero? Or am I mistaken?
Try:
Samurai Champloo
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Darker than Black
FLCL
Baccano!

I do!

Watched all of these except Ghost in the Shell, and Darker than Black. Baccano was also one show I couldn't get into it, althought I watched a third of it. I'll also try to rewatch that. Going to check out Darker than Black first though.

Two seasons yes. First episode is the worst since it's exposition the episode. Everything else is a ride up to awesomeness though

Edit: you also hated baccano? I give up. We have very different tastes.

Mothman91

He didn't say he hated it! In fact, he said he was going to give it another try.

Yup, I didn't hate it. It's just hard to get into it, I hear a LOT of praise from Baccano and Fate/Zero, which will lead me to trying it again. I didn't have a lot of patience back then, but now I do, which will help me get into it, hopefully.

Superflat

Two seasons yes. First episode is the worst since it's exposition the episode. Everything else is a ride up to awesomeness though

The first episode was a slog to get through. I was thinking "THIS IS THE SHOW MY FRIENDS ARE TOUTING AS ONE OF THE BEST ANIME EVER?" People walking in circles because they themselves were going insane with the amount of exposition they were spewing, and were doing so at a person who already knew said exposition, scene after scene of people talking in the vaguest of manners, weird basement bug rape, no idea of consequences, morality, risks, or reasons for the actions being taken, no interesting cinematography to speak of. I was just dead-eyed by the end of that 50 minute episode.

Granted I have no background with the series, but I thought it was a really poor episode. I watched the following episode and found it more entertaining, but I put it on hiatus. Will watch more soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom