• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Yeah, I chicken out at $80.00 art books usually.

$30 is my usual sweet spot for artbooks, though I've gone up to $40 when I imported the Valkyria Chronicles art books (before they came to the west that is, when I bought them again... orz)

Midonin

Fate/Zero 14-19

Alright, I understand why he is the way he is, but Natalia was right in that he's turned himself into a machine. I, as well, lean more towards Saber's side on this one. Their battle may have been a proxy, but the Servants are still people. They were doing things on their own terms, in an environment where nobody else would've interrupted them - things were going on behind the scenes, but
Kirei hadn't fully sided with Archer yet,
and Alex would respect their rules because he's got a big heart.

That said, the final battle against the best with a thousand tentacles was pretty amazing. Excalibur is always pretty wicked when it shows up, and given how Jeanne looks in the Fate universe, I can sorta understand how Bluebeard would make that mistake. He's still more deranged the entire Future Diary cast put together, but Urobuchi has always been one to make us understand the point of view of the villains, even if we don't necessarily agree with it (and there's plenty in this show I don't agree with.)

And now for my brief aside on Gaim parallels. Kirei has more than a few shades of Micchi to him, including having control of the black-suited cannon fodder.
And for siding with someone who may as well be an Overlord.
I can also easily see shades of Ryouma "Warren Statesman" Sengoku in Tokiomi. The magical version of a research-oriented scientist, but without the "it amused me" aspects. I can't really find a parallel for Kariya yet, but I'm rooting for him all the same, even if he got the rawest deal in this.

Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Steel Ball Run

Johnny for douchebaggiest Jojo. Totally deserved the fucking karma he got. Gyro is the shit. Something about TERRORISTS! AMERICA!

There were fucking Dinosaurs

Animated adaptation when?

Jarmel

Banned
4k?! How big is it?

About the size of a cel so roughly 10.5" x 12.5. Haven't measured it though.

Shit man you could make firehawk watch anything.

Why pay when I can get other people to do it for me?

Good god! An original watercolor I assume? Who's the artist / what is it from?

Yes, it's an original watercolor from Kill La Kill of Honnouji Academy. It was done by Yūji Kaneko, the background art director at Animazement in a live display. I believe he said that he was using Episode 17 as a reference.

izllXUTEarKQr.jpg

That's one serious love-hate relationship with Kill la Kill.

Also, sending you my resume, please hire me, etc etc.

Hey man, I always liked the background art. It was just everything else that I disliked.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Hey man, I always liked the background art. It was just everything else that I disliked.

God help me if I'm ever at a con and someone is selling hand-drawn Pablo backgrounds from Brothers Conflict or WIXOSS at obscene prices.

duckroll

God help me if I'm ever at a con and someone is selling hand-drawn Pablo backgrounds from Brothers Conflict or WIXOSS at obscene prices.

Does Brothers Conflict even have good background art? I don't recall any. Aku no Hana on the other hand... :D

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
HxH 131

Just half way through this episode and DAMN!
Poor guy doesn't even get to chose where to die :(
...what a way to go :D

EDIT:

This was a very good episode. I enjoyed this episode. Something broke :3

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Does Brothers Conflict even have good background art? I don't recall any. Aku no Hana on the other hand... :D

I only lasted one episode but Pablo tried.

I'd easily pay big money for an iconic background from Aku no Hana, Sengoku Collection, or the Heartcatch Precure movie. I only mentioned the bad shows they've worked on to parallel Jarmel liking a piece of art but hating the show it's from!

jgminto

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Steel Ball Run

Johnny for douchebaggiest Jojo. Totally deserved the fucking karma he got. Gyro is the shit. Something about TERRORISTS! AMERICA!

There were fucking Dinosaurs

Animated adaptation when?

I thought that at first too but I was SOOOOOOOO wrong.

Amnesia OVA

OQZg6v0l.jpg

Pretty boys run through multiple fetishes in this OVA while we all forget there was a girl.

Ginga e Kickoff!! 34-35

Suddenly decent sounding English! In Spain!

Puchimas!! 48

Bamboo shoots week continues.

Majin Bone 09

They must have visited the coldest version of Australia ever.

duckroll

I only lasted one episode but Pablo tried.

I'd easily pay big money for an iconic background from Aku no Hana, Sengoku Collection, or the Heartcatch Precure movie. I only mentioned the bad shows they've worked on to parallel Jarmel liking a piece of art but hating the show it's from!

Oh that's better than the ones I saw from the show. I figure there probably aren't many good background shots in the series though. Probably not worth scrubbing through it to look.

cajunator

Banned
http://a.pomf.se/reemml.webm

Date a Live S2 7

Tis a thing a beauty to see a goddess in all her glory.

The supreme goddess.

Black bullet - 08
Very happy to see that the cast is expanding with new face and new personnalities.

Tina adding in the cast is now evident ...and nicely done you'd wonder where she was before since it works so well.

Not so happy to see that most of the humans are still complete morons , so much that they don't even realise what is the cost of their pace.

The katagiri siblings look like that they will add a lot of good thing in the mix. It's intresting to see a close range fighter in the cast.

Overall a nice episode , setting events for later while still maintainig enough juice to devellop the world around it. This last arc animated better deliver all the goods .

I want to hug all the cutes!

So wait, where do things overall stand now with regards to how many people are ordering the poster(s) and how much anime firehawk and/or others have to watch? I've lost track.

Exactly but not really but probably so!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Oh that's better than the ones I saw from the show. I figure there probably aren't many good background shots in the series though. Probably not worth scrubbing through it to look.

The distinctly "Pablo" backgrounds in the episode of BroCon I watched were used in relatively the same manner that they are in WIXOSS: quick cuts focusing on architecture or mundane objects to establish setting and atmosphere, usually without any people in the frame. BroCon appears mostly to take place inside some kind of family compound, though, so Pablo's creative freedom was probably hamstrung to an extent.

I'd be lying if I didn't admit to wanting to try to make it through again after surviving WIXOSS, especially after firehawk told me that
the protagonist's talking pet squirrel eventually turns into a human and wants to bone her too

Clov

I've been away for a few days since I had a convention to go to. Had a lot of fun there, and managed to pick up a bunch of anime at the dealer's room. I ended up getting Tekkonkinkreet, The Sky Crawlers, and Tsuritama on Blu-Ray, and Ristorante Paradiso, Mushishi, and Kino's Journey on DVD. I even managed to get the old ADV artbox for Kino, so I'm pretty happy about that.

I'm mostly caught up on currently airing anime; there's still a few things I need to watch, but I don't care about them as much.

cajunator

Banned
Early on in the fall season I kept mixing up StB and Tokyo Ravens. And once Mahou Sensou started in the winter it got even worse.

One of these sucks and one of these has Kon in it.

I dropped it after the
loli cameltoe
in the first episode, but word of mouth made me take another watch and I enjoy it greatly now.

I dont remember seeing that >_

https://twitter.com/sunriserights/status/471486286092464128

Not to be outdone by the FMA news, Sunrise has switfly announced a Blu-ray box set for Outlaw Star, also set for release on October 29.

PLEASE COME TO THE US PLEASEEEEE

No Game No Life Episode 3

Cute is good. Cute is right. Cute is just.

:cajun

So I had a pretty successful(and very expensive) con:

This is the thing that cost me 4k:
ibtwOyJsrzXqla.jpg

Woooow. thats nice and for a good cause. what kinda work do you do?

That's one serious love-hate relationship with Kill la Kill.

Also, sending you my resume, please hire me, etc etc.

Just think. If you went to school for engineering you could have a job in Louisiana paying 50k to start right out of College with no experience required.

I've been away for a few days since I had a convention to go to. Had a lot of fun there, and managed to pick up a bunch of anime at the dealer's room. I ended up getting Tekkonkinkreet, The Sky Crawlers, and Tsuritama on Blu-Ray, and Ristorante Paradiso, Mushishi, and Kino's Journey on DVD. I even managed to get the old ADV artbox for Kino, so I'm pretty happy about that.

I'm mostly caught up on currently airing anime; there's still a few things I need to watch, but I don't care about them as much.

You done scored!

Clov

You done scored!

Yeah, it was a really great con! I wasn't able to find any figures I wanted though, but I'm going to another con in a few months, so I'll just look there.

I gave Tsuritama a quick test-run not long ago. The series looks great on Blu-Ray, probably because it's so colorful.

Link Man

Banned
Wagnaria!! 10

I'd just like to take a moment and mention how much I love Yamada's invasion of the OP.

Oh god, the "date" scene. lol

Holy friendzone, Batman!

And now Katanashi's sister thinks he's a masochist. Wonderful.

itV2zYFMTIYbt.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Wagnaria!! 10

I'd just like to take a moment and mention how much I love Yamada's invasion of the OP.

Oh god, the "date" scene. lol

Holy friendzone, Batman!

And now Katanashi's sister thinks he's a masochist. Wonderful.

Yamada basically took over the show in S2 and its better for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom