• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
Hunter x Hunter 131

"Shit going down" does not even begin to describe the magnitude of what just happened. Shit did not just go down. Shit went up. Shit went to the sides. Shit went into another dimension through the centre of the sun.

Bravo, Madhouse, you done good.

cajunator

Banned
Black Bullet 8

LOLIS EVERYWHERE. BEAUTIFUL LOLIS EVERYWHERE.

Is…is this heaven? Am I in heaven?

…I'll take that as a yes.

Definitely a yes. (Hell, even her brother is my type. Dat Hosoya Yoshimasa.)

So in summary...

eDiggzz.gif

YES! YES! ALL MY YES!

Aww. Buncha squee cuties.

Articalys

Ah yes, for everyone who says that the first Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) TV series is better than Brotherhood, looks like you might get your chance to put your money where your mouth is...

http://www.hagaren.jp/1st/bluray_disc_box/

Because Aniplex Japan is releasing a complete HD remaster Blu-ray box set of the first series on October 29, for just under 38000 yen (accounting for tax). Just need to cross your fingers and hope it makes its way to the U.S. eventually, whether through Funimation or AoA.

Shame they didn't schedule it for October 3 though, would have been much more fitting.

Jintor

I'll be helping out firehawk with the Aria piece in terms of logistics. It sounds like he's going to be watching a lot of old anime.

Also, there is this commission going on right now for us here at Fancy-Poster Gaf. It should go into production soon.

The image isn't based on any particular anime/manga. It's an original piece by the artist.

空想都市論 -- Kuusou Toshiron (Daydream Town Theory) by Hebitsukai

43533879_zpsd07dfb97.jpg

Hand-numbered, limited edition 17"x14" Screenprint using UV Cured Inks and a UV Curing machine. Estimated at $30.

How to buy online: Send me a PM to get on the sign-up list.

Currently it looks like it will be an edition of 25.

I worked with him previously on Paprika - http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr146/Celzero/IMG959114_zps2c83bfc5.jpg
and
Golden Time - http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr146/Celzero/500GoldenTime_2_2forweb_zpseb8e8a6f.jpg (has not been printed yet. might take a while).

After this he'll be doing Anohana and Toradora!

There will also be an upcoming commissioned piece with Craig Drake of Mikasa Ackerman in the Late Summer. He did these previously - http://24.media.tumblr.com/bda02d073c31ade6a5bea82568b04aa7/tumblr_mmesn350XP1r4gd13o1_1280.jpg & http://craigdrake.tumblr.com/post/82668043543/spike-24x36-silkscreen-hero-complex-gallery & http://craigdrake.tumblr.com/post/82658418168/ghost-24x36-very-limited-giclee-print-hero

Plus leftover copies of Metal Gear Solid - Gray Fox by Ash Thorp ( http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr146/Celzero/IMG_20140514_155608_708_zpsc4d9a590.jpg ) will be up on the Fancy-Poster GAF thread next month too!

Does he ship internationally

HxH 131

Great start and memorable last three minutes. Much of the middle was pretty dull with typical writing issues present
bad random unexplained powerup, character embracing impure motive that makes one want to support anyone else but him, and just really dragged out moments focusing on random leaves being blown away or dull walking. Killua delivered many of the actually great moments making me get all emotional at the thought of him seeing his friend go through this weird situation and take on such an atrocious form that no doubt has consequences, and the arm too. I hope he can go on an arc to help get Gon back to normal, certainly some nenmaster can reverse the effects?

Acosta

HxH

Holyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshit.

Wow, that awakening was just incredible, shonen doesn't get better than this.

Goku has been topped regarding ridicule hairs, lol

Hxh - 131

I don't have the words.

I knew since i've read the manga, i freaking knew.

But madhouse delivered.

This stuff is just sooo good.

It's not just the crazy black and white effect whern shit went down , it's not the freaking pacing of the episode. It's not the extra over the top jajanken attack. It's not killua , being awesome overall .
.it's not pitou that realised that she had a death flag on her head since the last hour ( Hxh time ), it's not even the sound of killua friendship crumbling down
...it's a bit of all of the above.

It's was awesome

Note : 40/10

Jarmel

Banned
Ah yes, for everyone who says that the first Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) TV series is better than Brotherhood, looks like you might get your chance to put your money where your mouth is...

Because Aniplex Japan is releasing a complete HD remaster Blu-ray box set of the series on October 29, for just under 38000 yen (accounting for tax). Just need to cross your fingers and hope it makes its way to the U.S. eventually, whether through Funimation or AoA.

Shame they didn't schedule it for October 3 though, would have been much more fitting.

I wonder how shitty the upscale will be for this.

Hxh - 131

I don't have the words.

I knew since i've read the manga, i freaking knew.

But madhouse delivered.

This stuff is just sooo good.

It's not just the crazy black and white effect whern shit went down , it's not the freaking pacing of the episode. It's not the extra over the top jajanken attack. It's not killua , being awesome overall .
.it's not pitou that realised that she had a death flag on her head since the last hour ( Hxh time ), it's not even the sound of killua friendship crumbling down
...it's a bit of all of the above.

It's was awesome

Note : 40/10

Uhm
how was Killua's friendship crumbling down? Gon didn't say anything mean to Killua. Killua just saw an overpowered and broken Gon who has given up on life

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Japanimation

I just heard this term used in the latest black bullet. I feel like its the first time in over 15 years since I heard of it (but I'm sure it hasn't been that long in reality) and about 18 since I've used it myself. I'm not deep enough into anime subculture to know if its waja to use it or not but I dropped it in favor of anime once I knew what anime was.

How is this term viewed by people today?

On a slightly off-topic question:

Has anyone ever made a pass at Narag because of the avatar?

Hattori

Banned
Hunter x Hunter 131

"Shit going down" does not even begin to describe the magnitude of what just happened. Shit did not just go down. Shit went up. Shit went to the sides. Shit went into another dimension through the centre of the sun.

Bravo, Madhouse, you done good.
Is the arc over? I've been waiting to get back since greed island.

Narag

Japanimation

I just heard this term used in the latest black bullet. I feel like its the first time in over 15 years since I heard of it (but I'm sure it hasn't been that long in reality) and about 18 since I've used it myself. I'm not deep enough into anime subculture to know if its waja to use it or not but I dropped it in favor of anime once I knew what anime was.

Sounds terrible, should stick with "State of the Art Japanese Animation" for all your needs.

jgminto

Hunter x Hunter 131

Fuck...that was worth the wait. Definitely one of the most emotional shonen episodes I've ever seen. Might be the most emotional this year depending on when JoJo reaches the
Vanilla Ice
fight.

Theonik

Escaflowne of the Heavens 24
That was a somewhat silly episode. A bit pointless. Series almost done. wooo

Because Aniplex Japan is releasing a complete HD remaster Blu-ray box set of the series on October 29, for just under 38000 yen (accounting for tax). Just need to cross your fingers and hope it makes its way to the U.S. eventually, whether through Funimation or AoA.

HELL YES.

Japanimation

Unless you are French don't.

Black bullet - 08
Very happy to see that the cast is expanding with new face and new personnalities.
Black%20Bullet%20-%2008_01.jpg

No wonder you're sleeping all the time. You're not eating properly.
Black%20Bullet%20-%2008_02.jpg

Ah ah AH how unexpected !
Tina adding in the cast is now evident ...and nicely done you'd wonder where she was before since it works so well.

Not so happy to see that most of the humans are still complete morons , so much that they don't even realise what is the cost of their pace.

The katagiri siblings look like that they will add a lot of good thing in the mix. It's intresting to see a close range fighter in the cast.

Overall a nice episode , setting events for later while still maintainig enough juice to devellop the world around it. This last arc animated better deliver all the goods .

Vecks

HxH 131

I figure I'll just post my impressions here as the hxh thread seems to be nosediving.

Amazing. They really nailed this episode. Exceeded my expectations. Really loved the soundtrack in this one.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
firehawk going to get more donations to watch anime than famousmortimer did to save games journalism
I will not be influenced by Big Anime.

Also, sources tell me that Shinbo is a piece of shit who is going to get fired for being incompetent!

pls don't ban me

Uhm
how was Killua's friendship crumbling down? Gon didn't say anything mean to Killua. Killua just saw an overpowered and broken Gon who has given up on life
This will
become obvious later, this event is a turning point for both gon and killua .. i don't know if i should explain my reasonning fully since i don't know if you're following the anime only or if you're aware of what the next arc of hxh is.
Bottom line.
Killua was following Gon lead. This whole arc killua stayed beside gon but gon wasn't really focused on him.Even when killua found out what his weakness was, you can say that gon sacrified everything to reach his point, leaving all ties to his friends and what could have been his life. This has huge consequences on killua.
Japanimation

Pretty well ... But i'm french so i might be the exception.
Japanimation is synonym in french for well animated animation and unique experiences at well that's how it is in the circles i frequent..
On a slightly off-topic question:

Has anyone ever made a pass at Narag because of the avatar?
A CAT IS FINE TOO ???

Is the arc over? I've been waiting to get back since greed island.
Almost over. We have 2 or 3 eps at most.

This is illegal amounts of hype! My body can't deal with this! I need to watch this tonight and I hope I'll make it through alive.

Pray for me :(

It's well deserved.

Articalys

So wait, where do things overall stand now with regards to how many people are ordering the poster(s) and how much anime firehawk and/or others have to watch? I've lost track.

Hunter X Hunter - 131

Titan Eren? A cute bunny rabbit.

Super Sayian Goku? A little kitty cat.

Dragon Force Natsu? A baby.

This is a REAL
Shounen protagonist rage transformation right here folks. This is something will shake you to your very core. Gon cries manly tears as he pummels Pitou into the dirt. He isn't happy about his getting his vengeance. He is sad. Devastated at the fact that no matter what he does, Kite will never come back. He doesn't care about the fact that his arm just got ripped off, in fact that offers him a little bit of comfort, knowing that in what may be his final moments, he will be just like Kite was.

Then he delievers the finishing blow by throwing his severed arm into Pitou with the force of his Jajanken.

Words alone do not do this episode justice. Incredible work Madhouse. Incredible.

Dresden

strike the blood - 2

lol, the backstory for the MC is basically what would happen if someone diablerized an Antediluvian.

It's all kinda mediocre. Some cool effects animation in the first episode. Senpai. Senpai. Senpai.

m'hands

h97tWBM.png

dunno why i'm watching strike the blood. it was just... there.

I watch generic shit all the time, but I still found Strike the Blood ridiculously bland. It got to the point where its plot threads were blending together with other shows in my head and I ended up forgetting everything. It's a waste of time.

Articalys

I watch generic shit all the time, but I still found Strike the Blood ridiculously bland. It got to the point where its plot threads were blending together with other shows in my head and I ended up forgetting everything. It's a waste of time.
Early on in the fall season I kept mixing up StB and Tokyo Ravens. And once Mahou Sensou started in the winter it got even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom