• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
You do know I still need to watch the 2 bonus episodes of Hidamari Sketch (ssn 1), right?

Make it so!

So people were debating how one would make a SAO thread or a Mahouka thread. Here is the equivalent type of thread for an American TV show.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=113708392#post113708392
lol

This looks...amazing. Ill say amazing.
I dont want to hype it too much.

Damn you GAF outage.

No worries. youve done a great thing BEAR. I can attest to the quality of that boxset.

The one and only good Aniplex box set they ever released. :(

Where's that Heartcatch :I gif? lol

Well thats definitely not true!

:D
Memories..

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
HeartCatch Precure 26

FRIENDSHIP!

Also I just realized that the new bumpers and the new ED spoil practically everything about the latter half of the show. Even the power-up form that isn't going to be introduced for another 10-12 episodes. :lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
HeartCatch Precure 26

FRIENDSHIP!

Also I just realized that the new bumpers and the new ED spoil practically everything about the latter half of the show. Even the power-up form that isn't going to be introduced for another 10-12 episodes. :lol
What matters is that you buy the merch, and withholding information is like withholding products in their catalog.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
What matters is that you buy the merch, and withholding information is like withholding products in their catalog.

True enough, but it's strange that Precure outright spoils stuff like that, but Sentai and Kamen Rider don't (outside of magazines and such, which still don't come out any more than a couple weeks before the show reveal of the new stuff).

Black Hat

Hunter x Hunter 131

I have no words. Wow.

Black Bullet 8

More Tina!

XtG7Csgl.png

sonicmj1

Kino's Journey 7

Boy, that king is nuts.

i8CNmMLMlPHzc.jpg

I liked the energy of the play scene. It's just puppets and stuff, but the rapid cutting brought across its intense effect on the characters.

Great as usual. I like that it doesn't feel the need to baby you about what the implications of everything are. By the time they reveal that
the last competitor is the prince
, it feels like a joke at Hermes' expense. And they never tell you why Kino made the choice she made at the end, trusting you to figure out that
she was avenging the woman she met on the trail by making the people who enjoyed the spectacle of the games destroy each other.

BluWacky

Do things like BG art books exist? A Studio Pablo large print art book would be amazing...

Kusanagi, my favourite background art studio, have been producing such books for years - there are a good seven or so of them featuring art from many of the games and anime they have worked on up to 2010. Their most recent release is an art book from Waiting In The Summer - not necessarily my favourite of their works (it's a little too obviously CG processed, unlike their more fantastical work such as for From The New World) but probably their most commercial.

cajunator

Banned
Kino's Journey 7

Boy, that king is nuts.

Great as usual. I like that it doesn't feel the need to baby you about what the implications of everything are. By the time they reveal that
the last competitor is the prince
, it feels like a joke at Hermes' expense. And they never tell you why Kino made the choice she made at the end, trusting you to figure out that
she was avenging the woman she met on the trail by making the people who enjoyed the spectacle of the games destroy each other.

Next episode is a traditional feel good story of optimism for a change.

Caesnd

I suppose but it didn't make marathon the series easy, about the same problem I am having with Monster actually.

Yes, from episode to episode there is less variety so going through it all at a high pace could be a quite an exhausting task.

Kusanagi, my favourite background art studio, have been producing such books for years

Their effort to catalogue so much of their work is great, and I really enjoy how comprehensive the display of works on their website is, dubious English and all.

Black Hat

I should probably...protest or something to get this sick filth banned from airing. I'm only slightly joking. If I had kids or teens I certainly wouldn't let them watch that crap.

SAO 2. Please look forward to it.

Haha... seriously though SAO hate on GAF is a bit OTT.

It wasn't that bad... jeez.

Acosta

Date a Life S2 7

Finally watched this. What can I say? The goddess is back.

I keep being amazed at Kurumi's voice. Her "ara ara" is just perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hUzxd8aof0 :)

I have read that her voice actress has a role in Tales of Xillia, anything similar or is another register completely?

That said, the episode was kinda weak for me if we take Kurumi apart, not very funny and not too much action. But it always entertaining watching Shido interact with Kurumi.

TheRancor

Do things like BG art books exist? A Studio Pablo large print art book would be amazing...
Here are some.

http://cdn.halcyonrealms.com/japan/anime-background-art-books-round-up/

http://cdn.halcyonrealms.com/animation/ono-hiroshi-background-art-book-review/

http://cdn.halcyonrealms.com/art/kazuo-oga-background-art-exhibition/

I recommend Kûki o egaku bijutsu, by one of the master of the craft.

What's inside...
The only drawback of this book is being a little short, given the... impressive (understatement of the year) professionnal career of Shichiro Kobayashi.
Cool, never knew he had a dedicated artbook.

Kusanagi, my favourite background art studio, have been producing such books for years - there are a good seven or so of them featuring art from many of the games and anime they have worked on up to 2010. Their most recent release is an art book from Waiting In The Summer - not necessarily my favourite of their works (it's a little too obviously CG processed, unlike their more fantastical work such as for From The New World) but probably their most commercial.
This site briefly goes through some of them if anyone is interested
http://www.parkablogs.com/category/tags/kusanagi

http://www.parkablogs.com/content/book-review-背景画集-草薙-2-sf編

cajunator

Banned
Date a Life S2 7

Finally watched this. What can I say? The goddess is back.

I keep being amazed at Kurumi's voice. Her "ara ara" is just perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hUzxd8aof0 :)

I have read that her voice actress has a role in Tales of Xillia, anything similar or is another register completely?

That said, the episode was kinda weak for me if we take Kurumi apart, not very funny and not too much action. But it always entertaining watching Shido interact with Kurumi.

Isnt she magnificent? so perfect.

/XX/

Your first stop is TheRancor's suggestion above. Always trust on Vong Yonghow's criteria when it comes to art books like those!

Anyway, do you want royalty-free sample works of backgrounds to use on your own projects? Precisely the former Yusuke Takeda employer Studio Bihō still provides digital discs full of that (http://www.bihou.com/2009/08/8tenset.html)... the first batch of samples available at the spectacular image resolution of 600x400 pixels! :-D

Also, the actual better studio doing background work is ATELIER MUSA, because... can you mention any other winning an Emmy Award? :p

Alrighty.

Tonight's the night where I expose me and my friends to the "wonders" of Earth Maiden Arjuna, and I must ask.....: Dub or sub in this case?

I must have the maximum experience or else it won't be as glorious as I think it'll be.

Thoraxes

Alrighty.

Tonight's the night where I expose me and my friends to the "wonders" of Earth Maiden Arjuna, and I must ask.....: Dub or sub in this case?

I must have the maximum experience or else it won't be as glorious as I think it'll be.
rip

I got no suggestions for you on this. Just enjoy the ride as you see fit. Because it's a ride.

Jintor

Love Live s2 05

A few good reaction faces, but what I was drawn to was Nico during the scene where they're pressing the leadership upon Rin. I don't know whether it was out of character that she wasn't stealing the spotlight, or if it was a sign of growth. I'll say the latter because that's what I find amusing.

Actually this episode is fucking great for reaction faces. Lol.

Lol they tricked Rin

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Alrighty.

Sub is fine i guess?

Also, prepare some fastfood, preferably, hamburger and fries from mcdonald.

TUSR

Banned
Will agree there that the second half (ALO) was pretty poor.

Sadly there is worse anime out there, and I wouldn't even class ALO as shit-tier.

ALO was pretty bad, Asuna being useless and the lack of danger of being in the game kind of made it pointless.

But there is much worse out there.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
There is worse out there but one thing to keep in mind is not a whole lot of it is as popular as SAO either. Like I doubt Toonami is going to wrangle InoCho for airtime ever.

Quasar

Played around a beta with the beta of Madman Entertainments new streaming service/thing/screening room replacement.

Looks alright. certainly a nice clean interface. And nice to see chromecast support built into the web player.

And it sounds like from the FAQ that we will see dedicated apps at some point, which would be nicer on mobile devices.

The URL is www.animelab.com

Amused that a Aus/NZ only service has a US domain.

cajunator

Banned
Alrighty.

Sub is fine. The dub doesnt make it any better or less messed up.

fertygo

Will agree there that the second half (ALO) was pretty poor.

Sadly there is worse anime out there, and I wouldn't even class ALO as shit-tier.

Like I said, the content can be very offensive.. Implied sexual harassment, cringe-worthy incest story, whitewashing mass murderer, its all in one story. Its pretty easy to see why people can get so negative to it if you ask me.

I actually "like" ALO more because better production value, better fight.. but jebus..

Sailor Moon (Uncut) - 05

Probably the weakest episode thus far, if only due to
the lack of Trollxedo Mask
. Also took me a bit to notice that Chanela was a pun on Chanel... at least I think it is.

EDIT: Got the episode number wrong; it's 05, not 07.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom