• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachael

Love Live S2 6

As far as the series goes, it's so much better when it's goofing off (especially Honoka). S1's Honoka did a lot of silly stuff but also provided the glue to the narrative.

That S2 Ep 1 Honoka ditty avant is still my highlight of this run so far.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Alrighty.

Tonight's the night where I expose me and my friends to the "wonders" of Earth Maiden Arjuna, and I must ask.....: Dub or sub in this case?

I must have the maximum experience or else it won't be as glorious as I think it'll be.
If you watch it understanding the words spoken to you, then you aren't doing it right.

Also, the main character has an incredibly thick kansai accent. You gotta go sub.

Jintor

Love Live S2 6

As far as the series goes, it's so much better when it's goofing off (especially Honoka). S1's Honoka did a lot of silly stuff but also provided the glue to the narrative.

That S2 Ep 1 Honoka ditty avant is still my highlight of this run so far.

Yeah it does sentimental okay but it does goofy so much better

If you watch it understanding the words spoken to you, then you aren't doing it right.

Also, the main character has an incredibly thick kansai accent. You gotta go sub.

Well blame them for saying it doesn't matter!

It's very crucial that I make them have a "good" time

Sailor Moon (Uncut) - 06

Well damn, this was definitely a step up from the last episode. The lackey in this episode was a literal bat out of hell; a couple scenes felt like they were pulled out of a horror anime due to her. And hey, there's also a moment where Usagi actually outsmarts not only her, but Luna, too.

You still watching this on Hulu?

Yea, I just noticed I got the episode number wrong.

duckroll

One Week Friends - Episode 6

jQLHVN4.jpg

Uh huh.

I think it's time for dresden to catch up on this! The thrilling mystery of the convenient amnesia ailment might finally be solved!!!
(Pro-tip: It isn't solved.)
I enjoyed the episode quite a bit. It's been a while since I watched the show, but it hasn't lost any of its charm. It's a relaxing and leisurely paced show about friends being friends, with some weird conditions. Such cute. Much relax. Wow.

One Week Friends - Episode 7

AGl39b1.jpg

Progress?!

Another good episode. It's pretty interesting to see how the amnesia gimmick has pretty much gone into the background. It's just a vague curiosity now instead of the driving narrative point. This also seems to indicate that there's a chance the main relationship might be able to move forward soon, even though Hase is really the most spineless doofus out there.

One Week Friends - Episode 8

More fun times with friends being friends. More hints of Fujimiya and Hase wanting more out of it but not knowing how to express it. More slice of life goodness. The most "disappointing" part of this episode was how they went into an arcade, teased the possibility of showing actual videogames, but decided to just focus on girly stuff like crane machines and photo booths instead. This show is definitely not targeting typical male viewers. Lol.

duckroll

http://www.mushishi-anime.com/news/

Oh boy. Things aren't sounding good for Mushishi's production. This week's episode has been delayed to next week. Instead they're airing that "special" again. Yes, the same one they aired just two weeks ago. Lol. I knew it looked bad when they updated the site last week and episode 8 didn't even have a unit director credited. It does now. So looks like they found someone to make it! :p

Theonik

Escaflowne of the Heavens 25-26
OK this was a gread ending. The Allen vs Escaflowne swordfight was so goooooooood.
Also damn that fortune, that's one of the most BS ways to die ever. Straight Binbougami ga shit.

eh

top level domains are worth more! \o/
Yep, .com is cheap as crisps and offers better exposure to boot.

Why do bad things happen to good anime?
Maybe that's why Miyukichi has defected to bad anime.

So looks like they found someone to make it! :p
Hossana to direct episode 9?

Midonin

No Game No Life 08

Someone on a fantasy continent who's skilled enough to use video games. May as well hand Sora and Shiro the victory already. The animal-eared kingdom (and yes, Miyuki Sawashiro is in the show now) was as entertaining as expected, and the way the bet escalated from panties to countries was what I like about this show - irreverent and couched in its ridiculousness to the point where it makes you want to be invested in it. The glitchiness at the end was weird in a "do not adjust your set" kind of way, and it turns out to have something to do with what's going on.

I think Shiro can accomplish great things on her own, but they're a team.

No Game No Life 8 (firehawk scrubbing edition)

Like a minute of Miyukichi talking, smfh at this entire show.

Still, MOFUKICHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.

Now i'm intrested to see how she will deliver her lines. i have no doubt NGNL will deliver but still... i'm at work .... time is passing way too slowly.

cajunator

Banned
But that would make Toonamigaf a lot of fun to read when it aired!

Their reactions would be quite something.

No Game No Life 8 (firehawk scrubbing edition)

Like a minute of Miyukichi talking, smfh at this entire show.

Still, MOFUKICHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.

The best things in life are worth waiting for.

She's using her HnnnngKichi voice, akin to God from Maria-holic.

Ohhh that was a GOOD role.

No Game No Life 8
My god, that ending...that cliffhanger
...I'm guessing that Sora went back to the real world world temporarily, mainly because in the credits, the scene with his room was the glitchiest of all

One Week Friends - Episode 7

Another good episode. It's pretty interesting to see how the amnesia gimmick has pretty much gone into the background. It's just a vague curiosity now instead of the driving narrative point. This also seems to indicate that there's a chance the main relationship might be able to move forward soon, even though Hase is really the most spineless doofus out there.

I think this is the best part of the show. If they spent more time on the details of the amnesia and less on her interactions with Hase & co, the show would have gone south real fast.

BluWacky

Escaflowne of the Heavens 25-26

OK this was a gread ending. The Allen vs Escaflowne swordfight was so goooooooood.

Hurray! Glad you enjoyed it on the whole (I think?). Of course, a huge chunk of that swordfight is just the fight from the OP fight slowed down, but it's still pretty awesome.

Lots of people hate the ending for obvious reasons, but I've always felt it tonally appropriate.

Also damn that fortune, that's one of the most BS ways to die ever. Straight Binbougami ga shit.

SPOILERS FOR WHOLE SHOW
Folken :( Basically fate amplification seems to mean "whatever the shittiest thing that can happen to you is, will happen". I've never totally understood the final resolution - why Hitomi and Van's love is stronger than fate or whatever - but I don't care because it's so awesome to watch.

Theonik

Hurray! Glad you enjoyed it on the whole (I think?). Of course, a huge chunk of that swordfight is just the fight from the OP fight slowed down, but it's still pretty awesome.

Lots of people hate the ending for obvious reasons, but I've always felt it tonally appropriate.
It was cool on the whole. It does suffer from some weird decisions largely from being what I understand is an experiment for Sunrise at the time that also bled into Gundam Wing in terms of trying to sell mecha to a female audience.
Some weird pacing issues as well and editing, as well as some experimental digital effect usage, very visible in this BD especially in how every scene that features them drops to effectively SD.

SPOILERS FOR WHOLE SHOW
Folken :( Basically fate amplification seems to mean "whatever the shittiest thing that can happen to you is, will happen". I've never totally understood the final resolution - why Hitomi and Van's love is stronger than fate or whatever - but I don't care because it's so awesome to watch.
I think it is simply a space controlled by Dunkirk more than normal so the whole event was foreseen by him including Folken's death in order to man manipulate Hiromi into triggering the Atlantis machine.

Link Man

Banned
Wagnaria!! 11

Well, Popura just got a bit weird.

Oh god, Yamada invading Inami's introspection.

Oh hey, Inami's getting closer to Takanashi!

And she just broke his "arm".

Wait, she's grasping his real arm? :O

Yamada is amazing.

BluWacky

It was cool on the whole. It does suffer from some weird decisions largely from being what I understand is an experiment for Sunrise at the time that also bled into Gundam Wing in terms of trying to sell mecha to a female audience.

It wasn't, as far as I'm aware, just about mecha shows - it was apparently an attempt to generate crossover appeal in general, an experiment apparently attempted at first with Wild Knights Gulkeeva, which was I believe produced by the same part of Sunrise the previous year. I've yet to get around to watching Gulkeeva to ascertain whether this is the case or not - it's just something I read once upon a time.

These days, selling mecha (hell, selling virtually anything) to a female audience purely seems to extend to putting hot men in the lead roles and giving them ambiguously gay dialogue. I'm not saying Escaflowne was perfect but it gave us several different and competent women in leading roles (if a little romance obsessed); I wish more shows had a similar tone, but then it is my favourite anime of all time so that's not a huge surprise.

No Game No Life 08

tumblr_static_king_crimson_face.png

Jibril and the Ambassador's passive aggressive conversation was pretty good.
AND LOL THAT BET
HIGHER STAKES THEN KAIJI
That glitched out ED was pretty good too

Midonin

Chaika 08

Yes, a group of traveling street performers. Essentially two wolves trying to appear sheep-like to each other (except for Chaika, who remains a beacon of hope among all this) ending with some reformation of life goals going on. Nice little story. That was pretty quick for another "Chaika" to appear - though she was outed just as quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom