• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link Man

Banned
Chaika 8

And now we have Yellow
fake
Chaika.

Oh my, it really is a Tales game.

Damn, Chaika's dangerous as a negotiator.

Julia is really cute in her thief outfit.

Tenumi

Banned
Dragon Ball: Emperor Pilaf Saga (1-13)

Finally, I finish the first story arc of this franchise. It's a fun time where everybody's relevant to the plot and all fighters are on the same level. I mean, Yamcha is actually competent at the moment! As for the arc, it's a nice introduction to the series as a whole, and gives hope and intrigue for things to come.

Now, onto the first Tournament!

Midonin

Dai Shogun 08

Those foreigners were just skeevy. This show doesn't have the greatest track record in that regard, but this was on another level.

http://www.mushishi-anime.com/news/

Oh boy. Things aren't sounding good for Mushishi's production. This week's episode has been delayed to next week. Instead they're airing that "special" again. Yes, the same one they aired just two weeks ago. Lol. I knew it looked bad when they updated the site last week and episode 8 didn't even have a unit director credited. It does now. So looks like they found someone to make it! :p

:|

Crocodile

Apparently ABC3, the kids/teen channel in Australia is about to start airing SAO. http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/sword-art-online/
I should probably...protest or something to get this sick filth banned from airing. I'm only slightly joking. If I had kids or teens I certainly wouldn't let them watch that crap.

I thought Australia was pretty "high strung" when it came to objectionable content or did that only apply to their treatment of videogames?

It wasn't, as far as I'm aware, just about mecha shows - it was apparently an attempt to generate crossover appeal in general, an experiment apparently attempted at first with Wild Knights Gulkeeva, which was I believe produced by the same part of Sunrise the previous year. I've yet to get around to watching Gulkeeva to ascertain whether this is the case or not - it's just something I read once upon a time.

These days, selling mecha (hell, selling virtually anything) to a female audience purely seems to extend to putting hot men in the lead roles and giving them ambiguously gay dialogue. I'm not saying Escaflowne was perfect but it gave us several different and competent women in leading roles (if a little romance obsessed); I wish more shows had a similar tone, but then it is my favorite anime of all time so that's not a huge surprise.

I'd think supplementing the "hot dudes" with interesting, competent female protagonists would be the best/easiest way to garner additional female viewership/patronage. That seems like such a no brainer thing to me and its a known fact that people like seem major characters like them in the media they consume. A shame I say :(

MO' CHAIKAS MO' PROBLEMS 08

That improv routine. Good lord.
So I guess
there's a yellow Chaika now, but this one is actually a fake as opposed to the other two. Still thinking both Red and White are "real" Chaikas and daughters of the Emperor.

Also blushing Chaika
mMPWn9O.jpg

Midonin

If Her Flag Breaks 08

Nendo-Ruri was pretty amazing. Very Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous this week, but the show's general good nature is still running strong. I wouldn't hesitate to say that it's maybe my favorite of the Wednesday shows. Not sure what's up with the Bladefield family and why they need to send an assassin after the princesses. I get the feeling we're in for an arc.

Chaika 8

tumblr_n6aqo1tSKU1qa10rfo1_500.gif
tumblr_n6aqnqjQZ41s6441yo1_500.gif

lol "General Mart"

Alright episode. I almost got excited for a new member of the Chaika Power Rangers. Guess no one knows anything about the Emperor even though he invented all the magic and stuff of modern day. I bet Gilette will dig around and find something he isnt supposed to.

Vivi is also cute.

Buttons: The Animation - 7

This episode was exactly like that one episode of K-ON until the end! Right down to the "Oh, her little sister's so polite and mature" line.

Wait what? No. No. NO YOU DO NOT GET TO DO THAT!

YOU WERE TWO FEET BEHIND HER. YOU PEOPLE WERE WEARING ROCKET SHOES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. YOU CANNOT EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE THAT THEY COULD NOT GRAB HER. THEY WERE RIGHT BEHIND HER. INSTEAD THEY JUST WATCH AS THEIR FRIEND FALLS FIFTY STORIES FROM THE SKY!

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD THIS SHOW.

No game no Life - 08
²
Mad house, you're spoiling me this week , after hxh superb adaptation , no you're bringing the BEST twist of no game no life to life on screen and that was superb too.

Damn that glitching Ending was masterfully done.

But let's go back to the episode.

The war beast embassy was cool . jibril and the embassador blanter was superb and
Izuna ....Izuna is ....

No%20Game%20No%20Life%20-%2008.jpg

Soooooo cute ..
It was excellent.

And then sora bluff , sora checkmate... magnificent that part was sublime.

And then ..This end.
i actually love how they handled this twist... it's much better than in the books.
That glitchy ending song was superb.
I really encourage anyone who hasn't read the books yet to be mindfull of spoilers because the last spurt of this arc really shouldn't be spoiled at all. it's a great ride and i really couldn't stop reading when i reached this point.... i was glued to my tablet untill this arc ended .... it's freaking magnificent.

Syrinx

Strike Witches 1-2

I wasn't really expecting to like this show, but I didn't think that my biggest problem would be how...boring it is.

Ending to the second episode nearly made me roll my eyes out of my head. "No don't apologize, I was the one who was being selfish. I mean all you did was lie to me and give me false hope about my dad being alive so that you could drag me into joining your unit and fighting in the war. That's no biggie". UGH.

I probably won't be returning to this.

Joe Molotov

Buttons: The Animation - 7

This episode was exactly like that one episode of K-ON until the end! Right down to the "Oh, her little sister's so polite and mature" line.

Wait what? No. No. NO YOU DO NOT GET TO DO THAT!

YOU WERE TWO FEET BEHIND HER. YOU PEOPLE WERE WEARING ROCKET SHOES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. YOU CANNOT EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE THAT THEY COULD NOT GRAB HER. THEY WERE RIGHT BEHIND HER. INSTEAD THEY JUST WATCH AS THEIR FRIEND FALLS FIFTY STORIES FROM THE SKY!

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD THIS SHOW.

Only mayonnaise can save her now.

Clov

Oh boy. Things aren't sounding good for Mushishi's production. This week's episode has been delayed to next week. Instead they're airing that "special" again. Yes, the same one they aired just two weeks ago. Lol. I knew it looked bad when they updated the site last week and episode 8 didn't even have a unit director credited. It does now. So looks like they found someone to make it! :p

I wonder what happened? Hopefully the rest of the production goes according to schedule, I need my weekly Mushishi dose or I'll go through withdrawal. D:

Today's episode of NGNL got me thinking. Are there any other altered EDs with story relevance outside of this and the penultimate episode of Kill la Kill?

No game no Life - 08
²
Mad house, you're spoiling me this week , after hxh superb adaptation , no you're bringing the BEST twist of no game no life to life on screen and that was superb too.

Damn that glitching Ending was masterfully done.

But let's go back to the episode.

The war beast embassy was cool . jibril and the embassador blanter was superb and
Izuna ....Izuna is ....

It was excellent.

And then sora bluff , sora checkmate... magnificent that part was sublime.

And then ..This end.
i actually love how they handled this twist... it's much better than in the books.
That glitchy ending song was superb.
I really encourage anyone who hasn't read the books yet to be mindfull of spoilers because the last spurt of this arc really shouldn't be spoiled at all. it's a great ride and i really couldn't stop reading when i reached this point.... i was glued to my tablet untill this arc ended .... it's freaking magnificent.
Do you know how many volumes of the LN have been translated? I've been meaning to give the NGNL LN a read

Do you know how many volumes of the LN have been translated? I've been meaning to give the NGNL LN a read

6 books are out in japan.
2 books are fully fan translated in english Third is almost done( missing a few pages ) This covers the entire season of no game no life that will be adapted in anime.

That leaves 3 more books that are mostly as long as the previous ones , meaning that we have already material in japan for a second season ( yeaaah ) .. i know you want more of NGNL

Here it is.

If you want to know the full method of how sora and shiro solved the king chamber puzzle , or if you want the full story on how the elves tried to guess the wartbeast game. Or the full version of the shiritori game with jibril , you have no choice but to read the LN.

Jex

Sounds like they should just do a SHAFT and delay it for about 2 months. I'm not kidding either.

Theonik

Dog Days 01
I am already kinda divided on this show. On one hand it started quite well, then it pulled the super-schoolboy pulled into strange realm card which I'm not really fond of.
They did salvage it later though by introducing more silliness though. I have no idea how this will work however. I guess I'll wait and see.
That Ami Koshizumi though. One of the main reasons I could tolerate KLK.
Also I should praise this because for what it's worth a lot of effort went into the mofu here.

Dog Days 01

I am already kinda divided on this show. On one hand it started quite well, then it pulled the super-schoolboy pulled into strange realm card which I'm not really fond of.
They did salvage it later though by introducing more silliness though. I have no idea how this will work however. I guess I'll wait and see.
That Ami Koshizumi though. One of the main reasons I could tolerate KLK.
Also I should praise this because for what it's worth a lot of effort went into the mofu here.
Don't think about the main character, just think about mofus!

OzKTH0L.png

Not that I care about IntSaimoe, of course.

Date a Life S2 7

Finally watched this. What can I say? The goddess is back.

I keep being amazed at Kurumi's voice. Her "ara ara" is just perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hUzxd8aof0 :)

I have read that her voice actress has a role in Tales of Xillia, anything similar or is another register completely?

That said, the episode was kinda weak for me if we take Kurumi apart, not very funny and not too much action. But it always entertaining watching Shido interact with Kurumi.
I've lost count of how many times I've watched that video. Her VA's delivery is superb and I can't imagine anyone else having the role now. As for ToX, she sounds like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKdge5zhDt4

Absolutely, hell, even her music theme is incredible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMZdvLaFRW0
Yeah, her theme is one of my favourites from the DAL OST. Probably my 3rd favourite of the non-vocal tracks behind Mission of AST and the orchestral version of the OP theme. Her VA's song (16bit Girl) is also my favourite of the individual songs.

Conan-san

NGNL 8
Ok, who else was worried that
The ending
would be hijacked by
Nui Harime
?

Today's episode of NGNL got me thinking. Are there any other altered EDs with story relevance outside of this and the penultimate episode of Kill la Kill?
Samurai Champloo had an ending go to buggery as a result of
The entire cast (and a sizable chunk of Japan) being dead

6 books are out in japan.
2 books are fully fan translated in english Third is almost done( missing a few pages ) This covers the entire season of no game no life that will be adapted in anime.

That leaves 3 more books that are mostly as long as the previous ones , meaning that we have already material in japan for a second season ( yeaaah ) .. i know you want more of NGNL

Here it is.

If you want to know the full method of how sora and shiro solved the king chamber puzzle , or if you want the full story on how the elves tried to guess the wartbeast game. Or the full version of the shiritori game with jibril , you have no choice but to read the LN.

awesome thanks, guess I'll start reading

jbug617

Banned
No Game No Life 8

This episode was great. First half we got the fan service area with the jokes but that end I didn't expect that to happen.

Angel Beats Final Episode and OVA episode.

Plus Ep 4 Opening of Angel Beats too.

Kamisama Dolls' OP And ED vary according to the number of characters introduced thus far as well.

Black Bullet 8 (half way though)

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

"thanks for teaching me so many new things last night, it was a bit scary at first"

LOLOL

/dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom