• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahouka 3

I got to say Miyuki's lewdness and knocking her brother, and that it was a prank was funny. As for Azusa fangirling over Tatsuya CAD was also funny. The character Mari is also really dependable and not to strict and knows what's she's doing which I appreciate. That moment with Tatsuya and Erika was also great as it showed his speed and Erika's cuteness, I really ship that. I have to say though the fight scene and animation was beautifully done, the way how Tatsuya was kicking their asses and the blend of that OST was great. Can't wait until next week.

survivor

Banned
The World is Still Beautiful 3
lUe8wiK.jpg
Sleeping in the same bed with another boy? Sure, why not
Kissing that boy? Impossible

God damn shoujo writing. And speaking of that, so far whatever politics covered in the show have been so shallow and basic, it would really hurt the series to see them cover that subject anymore. Why couldn't this anime just be about the MC and her shota king travelling the world exploring its beauty?

Narag

Says the guy who thinks it's funny when a grown ass man steals candy from a baby, I really hope that Matsutaro breaks his legs and end his sumo wrestling career later in the anime.

It's all good, I'm sure he has an auto-starting sumo healing spell that'll repair all the damage.

I don't have any history with the work prior to this anime so I'm enjoying what I've seen so far and can't wait for episode four.

It may prove to be disappointing in the future but I'm not sure what's so offensive about the first three episodes.

Well the episodes so far are introductions to the world and characters, hence why it's called enrollment part 1,2,3. The first arc is subpar compared to the rest as it gets better further and further into the arcs,but that doesn't mean the first arc is bad it's good but not as great as the others and it does have its moments. So it won't prove disappointing in the future unless MadHouse messes up.

Link Man

Banned
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU 7

iPeltO1ubiKAm.jpg

Interesting episode, and I'm actually looking forward to the next one to see how they handle the situation.

Oh, and perv-chan is so best.

Gbraga

Well the episodes so far are introductions to the world and characters, hence why it's called enrollment part 1,2,3. The first arc is subpar compared to the rest as it gets better further and further into the arcs,but that doesn't mean the first arc is bad it's good but not as great as the others and it does have its moments. So it won't prove disappointing in the future unless MadHouse messes up.

After the fighting scene from episode 1, I have faith in Madhouse. What a great scene. It's probably the main reason I hope the protagonist won't be too OP all the way through, we need more good fighting animation like that.

Yu-gi-oh! Arc V Episode 2
BloMrU1CIAAs-JN.png

Brutal first half, I wish to duel like Yuya some day as that was just a thrilling offensive, I cant even imagine how it will be when we get on some serious opponents like the one above or even more.

trejo

Sup guys. I don't really have the time or energy to take on the Firehawk Challenge anymore nowadays and thus I need someone to give me the skinny on this season so let's hear it. What's shit and what's slightly more tolerable shit so far? Harems and shows that are predominantly set in high school need not apply.

Dresden

Sup guys. I don't really have the time or energy to take on the Firehawk Challenge anymore nowadays and thus I need someone to give me the skinny on this season so let's hear it. What's shit and what's slightly more tolerable shit so far? Harems and shows that are predominantly set in high school need not apply.

ping pong
mushishi

watch those two and come back later

sonicmj1

The good shit:
Ping Pong
Mushishi Zoku Shou
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

Defuser

Mahouka ep 3
Is it really call incest when the brother keeps rejecting the advances of a sister? And lordy look at this guy, he doesn't blush at all even when at looking other girls. Look at those eyes, that not call being cool headed, that just call being dead inside.

I'll just continue to watch this show to see how much a gary stu badass is he to continue to defeat people.

And that is one damn cringeworthy cliche line by the redhead to ask him to accompany her.

Defuser

I always wonder..... when the sister knock down Tatsuya, did she rape him when he was out? She look like the kind that would judging by her behavioral actions.

wonzo

Banned
ping pong
mushishi
jojo
haikyuu
gochuumon wa usagi thingy
puchimas!!
majin bone

rest is cack

Mahouka - 03
6ksYxjC.jpg

Well he doesn't.

Pretty good episode ...... The adaptation seems legit and not overdone even when they missed some stuff from the books. i do however enjoy the fact that they pay attention to the small details , but hey it's hard to explain everything like the books did.

Speaking of the books i'm very satisfied .... i read up to volume 4 and that was a wild ride BUT
The writter write a freaking lot !!! What's with the size of those BOOKS ? This is like a fusion of horizon in the middle of nowhere with toaru majutsu no index. A lot of delicate attention to detail to the point that everything is explained to teh smallest details and a LOT LOT of talking.. man that was a massive amount of content to assimilate.
The good side is that the background of everyone and the world building is top notch it's too bad that the anime simply can't explain this to the viewer and a great deal of information is lost , especially concerning the main character behavior that make perfect sense , yet are seen in the anime from an external perspective leading to misunderstandings ( from certain viewers if that wasn't obvious ) when the thing is properly explained in the books.

As this episode showed they do compensate by actually commenting on what's happenning ( such as the "how" of the match ) and even when miyuki asked for her CAD maintenance , the animation team added that 3d schema to try to explain things in advance. i do love those touches since it's the best way to not lost too much bythe transition between book to anime.
Mahouka%20-%2003.jpg

Nerd mode activated.
So yeah episode 3 was good ... after reading the books it's obvious to me that the animation team is doing a good job for the adaptation and they aren't skipping too many things , in fact they try to put as much as they can .

After reading so much stuff from the books i can only laugh at
how people can think that there is incest stuff in this. You cannot be clearer on this aspect. I can safely say this ... there is no incest in mahouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom