• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Since I'm not really get the full List experience with School Days I've decided to double dip and watch a second List show at the same time!

So...

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 1

Mhhmm, yes, starting out with some healthy, innocent :sdburton. thank you.

wait what the fuck kinda of home movie is that.

dang this show be #lewd

the fuck is up with this faux shaky cam shit

wait
they're sisters? >.>

Suddenly!
Russia?
Wait what is going on, I'm lost.

I like this
spy stuff
...but what the fuck does it have to do with the first part of this show?

She was trying to
be disguised as a guy
? She wasn't doing a very good job.

I'm not sure what to expect from this show...

Dresden

captain earth - 03

RAxPK4fl.jpg

l7G1Wbrl.jpg

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Sacred Ground is a term used in Shintoism where if you smash your head into the ground right outside a Buddhist temple, you will develop a sixth sense that is actually just a sub-sense of taste, enhancing it to a ludicrous degree.

When female characters display a desire for Sacred Ground, they are almost always specifically talking about being able to make ice cream tastier for themselves.

Thank you! That was bugging me for a minute. Still its pretty wacky. I wonder when they say most male chracters don't like sweet, I wonder if its relatively more accurate to say some female characters have an abnormal sweet tooth.

Nisekoi 15
The new opening is nice as well as the new ending with Tsugumi.
And wow, Mari was cute after Ichijo complimented her.

Agreed, there's an easter egg in the Tsugumi ending too regarding another side character showing up
The girl in the poster while Tsugumi is at the burger place drinking coffee
. Man I was not a fan of Marika in the manga but this adaptation is slowly winning me over

Jintor

Thank you! That was bugging me for a minute. Still its pretty wacky. I wonder when they say most male chracters don't like sweet, I wonder if its relatively more accurate to say some female characters have an abnormal sweet tooth.

I've seriously never heard of that term before. Are you reading/watching more shoujo stuff or something?

captain earth - 03

RAxPK4fl.jpg

l7G1Wbrl.jpg

Ahahahahaha. This is too much.

Agreed, there's an easter egg in the Tsugumi ending too regarding another side character showing up
The girl in the poster while Tsugumi is at the burger place drinking coffee
. Man I was not a fan of Marika in the manga but this adaptation is slowly winning me over

It's all about Onodera. You just can't hate her. It's not possible. She's nice and sweet. She is an angel. You'd have to be dumb not to chose her. But considering most harem protags are in fact dumb it wouldn't surprise me if this all ends horribly.

jman2050

Nisekoi 15

New OP > Old OP

Tsugumi ED >>>>>>>>>>>> everything

Really enjoyed everything at Marika's house, it's quite a different experience from reading the manga despite it being so similar otherwise. Kana Asumi is definitely making her more palatable.

Articalys

19:54:04 <bay|SC14|FUNi> Q: Evangelion 3.33? A: nothing right now, no news right now, no release date, i apologize

Funimation, what the fuck are you doing?

Ahahahahaha. This is too much.

It's all about Onodera. You just can't hate her. It's not possible. She's nice and sweet. She is an angel. You'd have to be dumb not to chose her. But considering most harem protags are in fact dumb it wouldn't surprise me if this all ends horribly.

Idk, I liked Tsugumi and Chitoge more than Onodera (probably because she never gets anywhere in the manga and
her sister seems to get more time with Raku that she does
)

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Captain Earth 3

Pretty okayish episode. The whole Engrish Name Dropping syndrome is still in effect so there's still a lot of motivations left vague. Also, they really didn't do a very good job of visually showing that Earth Engine wasn't fully repaired. But the team is getting built, so there's that.

Midonin

Happiness Charge Precure! 12

The usual study problems episode that's bound to come up once a year, but to my surprise, Hime's the one that gets good grades and Megumi's slacking. Not to Miyuki levels, but she needs help. The baseball game that ensued was a lot of fun, even if a bat made of pure energy ended up sounding metal. The triple transform with Yuu was fun - they reanimated a lot of sequences so it's not as cut-heavy as when Sunshine joined the Heartcatch team - and she stayed in Popcorn Cheer mode outside of CGI for a sizable amount of time. In that regard, I'm okay with this episode! Cure of the Week: Mana. A little soon, but alright.

Next week has Iona/Fortune return once more, and introduces the Precure Hunter. Which just makes me think of Bioman's Silva.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Happiness Charge Precure 12

Fairly average episode. Was fun, but nothing that special.

I do appreciate them making the effort to not spend minutes in stock, though.

The usual study problems episode that's bound to come up once a year, but to my surprise, Hime's the one that gets good grades and Megumi's slacking.
Oh, it was established that Megumi wasn't great academically.

HappinessCharge Precure 12

cc0gbbl.jpg

That Triple Henshin. God damn son.

This was literally a lets shit on Hitokage episode. I mean, friggin Cure Heart was our greeter today. That's how hard they went on him.

Today shows that Toei is willing to shove gender segregation into the Precure, because initially, it was like madp (the smart one) was going to teach both Hito and Kenta, but they made Seiji teach Kenta instead. Way to go Toei!

Yellow Bias continues to be strong, as I'm the only one who not only retains their uniform in 2D space, but I keep it throughout the entire match. I'm still the best! But man. Poor Hito. So much shit given to him.

NEXT TIME: Adol Christian vs Nafe. Yay Nafe!

Kamigami no Asobi Episode 3
tumblr_n4az147mnv1qbxqfpo2_500.png
tumblr_n4az147mnv1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Best otome episode today, Apollon visualizing the best situation imaginable for this, his love them is too great, and even Susanoo in such a great spot in the scene, I can only imagine, but he also has the best swimsuit present. Why couldnt he wear it even more throughout, a few others too. Susanoo is just the best one present

Idk, I liked Tsugumi and Chitoge more than Onodera (probably because she never gets anywhere in the manga and
her sister seems to get more time with Raku that she does
)

And yet she still has Raku's heart. He says it almost every episode. So I will continue to root for her.

And oh good
another girl. I shouldn't be surprised

Gbraga

Chitoge is my girl, but I was still really upset that Onodera
was willing to let go of him.

You don't have to be THIS noble, girl.
Fight for your boy! Or at least find the courage to ask him how he feels about Chitoge.

I shouldn't be the one to talk, though, I would do the exact same thing.

Gbraga

I'd like to ask a question: are there any girls who are actually better when they're tsun as opposed to when they're dere?

It's part of a process though, the dere wouldn't be as good without all the tsun before it. Some of the best dere parts combine the two, they don't go full dere, but instead use the same expressions but with a difference tone and face that melts your heart.

cajunator

Banned
Since I'm not really get the full List experience with School Days I've decided to double dip and watch a second List show at the same time!

So...

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 1

Mhhmm, yes, starting out with some healthy, innocent :sdburton. thank you.

wait what the fuck kinda of home movie is that.

dang this show be #lewd

the fuck is up with this faux shaky cam shit

wait
they're sisters? >.>

Suddenly!
Russia?
Wait what is going on, I'm lost.

I like this
spy stuff
...but what the fuck does it have to do with the first part of this show?

She was trying to
be disguised as a guy
? She wasn't doing a very good job.

I'm not sure what to expect from this show...

Yes indeed this will be good!

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Mahouka - 03

Having to fight back a sex-crazed jealous little sister whose always thirsting and attempting to seduce you with the reprisal of yandere violence if you refuse her advances is on hell of a way to live.
I do love a show with a competent male lead for a change.

I'd like to ask a question: are there any girls who are actually better when they're tsun as opposed to when they're dere?

None. Or at least none that I personally like. Tsun is just someone who is unwilling to acknowledge their own feelings.

People just like the evolution from tsun -> dere.

Branduil

Mahouka - 03

Having to fight back a sex-crazed jealous little sister whose always thirsting and attempting to seduce you with the reprisal of yandere violence if you refuse her advances is on hell of a way to live.
I do love a show with a competent male lead for a change.

"Competent."

Remember to post your thoughts in the Mahouka OT too, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom