• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

And Yet The Town Moves 8

Beginning was kinda boring, but I gotta admit I'd be kinda impressed by a vending machine that made hot udon. Decent hot udon at that. You'd have to pay me some serious coin to eat that nasty-ass burger though.

Second half was a form a band episode. They actually mixed those instruments into a sound that wasn't awful. And Kon is the best.

Mahouka - 03

Pretty good episode ...... The adaptation seems legit and not overdone even when they missed some stuff from the books. i do however enjoy the fact that they pay attention to the small details , but as evidenced by some comments here many didn't understand the end of the
examination scene and probably many don't realise that miyuki actuall delivered a blow that would have killed anyone and that his brother only woke up because he was haxxor level
but hey it's hard to explain everything like the books did.

Speaking of the books i'm very satisfied .... i read up to volume 4 and that was a wild ride BUT
The writter write a freaking lot !!! What's with the size of those BOOKS ? This is like a fusion of horizon in the middle of nowhere with toaru majutsu no index. A lot of delicate attention to detail to the point that everything is explained to teh smallest details and a LOT LOT of talking.. man that was a massive amount of content to assimilate.
The good side is that the background of everyone and the world building is top notch it's too bad that the anime simply can't explain this to the viewer and a great deal of information is lost , especially concerning the main character behavior that make perfect sense , yet are seen in the anime from an external perspective leading to misunderstandings ( from certain viewers if that wasn't obvious ) when the thing is properly explained in the books.

As this episode showed they do compensate by actually commenting on what's happenning ( such as the "how" of the match ) and even when miyuki asked for her CAD maintenance , the animation team added that 3d schema to try to explain things in advance. i do love those touches since it's the best way to not lost too much bythe transition between book to anime.

So yeah episode 3 was good ... after reading the books it's obvious to me that the animation team is doing a good job for the adaptation and they aren't skipping too many things , in fact they try to put as much as they can .

After reading so much stuff from the books i can only laugh at
how people can think that there is incest stuff in this. You cannot be clearer on this aspect. I can safely say this ... there is no incest in mahouka

Thank you for saying that, but may I ask how do feel about the LN did you enjoy it or not.

I always wonder..... when the sister knock down Tatsuya, did she rape him when he was out? She look like the kind that would judging by her behavioral actions.

She didn't ...i can confirm this.. there wasn't even time for that

Thank you for saying that, but may I ask how do feel about the LN did you enjoy it or not.

Loved it.

The world building was excellent , and the characters are fine.

The MC is so haxxor level you would believe me but it works so damn fine in context i don't really care.

Mahouka - 03

Speaking of the books i'm very satisfied .... i read up to volume 4 and that was a wild ride

So yeah episode 3 was good ... after reading the books it's obvious to me that the animation team is doing a good job for the adaptation and they aren't skipping too many things , in fact they try to put as much as they can .

how people can think that there is incest stuff in this. You cannot be clearer on this aspect. I can safely say this ... there is no incest in mahouka

Why did you stop there, thats like right before the 2nd of the best arcs :/ .

I wonder if he would have rewrote this enrollment arc after watching the anime, as it really shows at times how slow it is compared to other arcs.

Why did you stop there, thats like right before the 2nd of the best arcs :/ .

I wonder if he would have rewrote this enrollment arc after watching the anime, as it really shows at times how slow it is compared to other arcs.

Well i read a lot already , did YOU SEE HOW HUGE those books are ? it's not a matter of stopping , it's a matter of not being able to do anything else . i will certainly go back sooon to read the rest since i loved it but i needed a break...
I freaking loved book 3 & 4 , unpredictable , fun many cool ideas and the change of status from all the sides across the days was excellent.

I do feel that the enrollment arc was too long.Any other LN or anime that stuff would had been half the time or even in a quarter , that arc is clearly too long but then again the author was dumping a MASSIVE amount of information to get the climax of this arc intresting so it can't be helped. As it stand , after 3 eps the anime team has no intention of reducing that arc size , so let's board the train and enjoy

:(

Well, if that means best girl doesn't win, it's fine, I'm used to that, but I hope her love will stay strong.

i never said that either ;-) i'm quite far from having read everything after all. But don't worry , Mahouka has intresting pairings in places you won't imagine

Gbraga

Did anyone watch Broken Blade? There's a brown cutie there. The synopsis is awful.

i never said that either, i'm quite far from having read everything after all. But don't worry , Mahouka has intresting pairings in places you won't imagine

Ok, I'm interested.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Need AnimeGAF's help.

Some asshole on Steam says ketchup on eggs is a weaboo thing because they only see it in anime. That sounds like a load of crap to me.

Which is it?

Well i read a lot already , did YOU SEE HOW HUGE those books are ? it's not a matter of stopping , it's a matter of not being able to do anything else . i will certainly go back sooon to read the rest since i loved it but i needed a break...
I freaking loved book 3 & 4 , unpredictable , fun many cool ideas and the change of status from all the sides across the days was excellent.

Yeah those were the two longest (430 and 490pgs), but the rest are shorter, I dont remember how anyone could stop at four though because then six after being opened to the whole world.

I cant wait to see monolith code animated.

Syrinx

Need AnimeGAF's help.

Some asshole on Steam says ketchup on eggs is a weaboo thing because they only see it in anime. That sounds like a load of crap to me.

Which is it?

My cousins did it when we were kids and I think they still do it to this day. I still get into arguments with them about it every once in a while.

So no, not exclusive to weeaboos.

Yeah those were the two longest (430 and 490pgs), but the rest are shorter, I dont remember how anyone could stop at four though because then six after being opened to the whole world.

I cant wait to see monolith code animated.

Low battery in e-book ?

I'm serious.

Need AnimeGAF's help.

Which is it?

Lol i learned of it by watching american shows when i was little.

Quasar

She didn't ...i can confirm this.. there wasn't even time for that.

The whole regeneration/restoring from backup/good morning made it seemed like she almost killed him if anything. To the point where he's gone out of control before and she has had to kill him and bring him back.

squall23

Daimidaler 02

Takehito Koyasu as king of breast fondling with awesome villains and still not taking itself seriously. Best braindead anime of the year. Awesomely bad website too (make sure to check the source code): http://www.penguin-empire.com/

MIDARA! MIDARA! MIDARA! MIDARA! MIDARA! MIDARA! MIDARA! MIDARA! MIDARA! MIDARA! MIDARA! MIDARA!

The whole regeneration/restoring from backup/good morning made it seemed like she almost killed him if anything. To the point where he's gone out of control before and she has had to kill him and bring him back.

That's exactly what happenned... she went too far in misplaced anger but she also knew that he wouldn't die from that

trejo

ping pong
mushishi

watch those two and come back later

The good shit:
Ping Pong
Mushishi Zoku Shou
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

Sounds legit. Thanks bros.

ping pong
mushishi
jojo
haikyuu
gochuumon wa usagi thingy
puchimas!!
majin bone

rest is cack

Thanks but I can't help but get the feeling you snuck in at least a couple of :wonzo shows in there. ;)

Need AnimeGAF's help.

Which is it?

It's a load of bull. Ketchup on eggs was pretty much a staple of my childhood diet.

She didn't ...i can confirm this.. there wasn't even time for that

Loved it.

The world building was excellent , and the characters are fine.

The MC is so haxxor level you would believe me but it works so damn fine in context i don't really care.

I've only read some of the first vol of the LN because I'm gonna wait until the anime is done, but could you tell me if Erica is an important character in the LN because she's one of my favorite.

I've only read some of the first vol of the LN because I'm gonna wait until the anime is done, but could you tell me if Erica is an important character in the LN because she's one of my favorite.

Important is a big word, she is clearly there as a character but as far as i'm aware her big moments are FAAAAAAR in the story , i'm sure you might need a S2 to see them

She is a good character that will have screen time, not that important but far from being a background character. i have no idea how to say this without spoilers.

It's interesting that I never picked that up from the manga version I read. I don't think I would have forgotten that.
Sorry i got confusedat another scene . by reading again
a normal magician would have been Ko'ed and lose consciousness for a long period of time but since it's him he was out for 1 second.. a non magician would have been in a serious ( read dangerous ) state however

Mahouka - 03

Pretty good episode ...... The adaptation seems legit and not overdone even when they missed some stuff from the books. i do however enjoy the fact that they pay attention to the small details , but as evidenced by some comments here many didn't understand the end of the
examination scene and probably many don't realise that miyuki actuall delivered a blow that would have killed anyone and that his brother only woke up because he was haxxor level
but hey it's hard to explain everything like the books did.

Speaking of the books i'm very satisfied .... i read up to volume 4 and that was a wild ride BUT
The writter write a freaking lot !!! What's with the size of those BOOKS ? This is like a fusion of horizon in the middle of nowhere with toaru majutsu no index. A lot of delicate attention to detail to the point that everything is explained to teh smallest details and a LOT LOT of talking.. man that was a massive amount of content to assimilate.
The good side is that the background of everyone and the world building is top notch it's too bad that the anime simply can't explain this to the viewer and a great deal of information is lost , especially concerning the main character behavior that make perfect sense , yet are seen in the anime from an external perspective leading to misunderstandings ( from certain viewers if that wasn't obvious ) when the thing is properly explained in the books.

As this episode showed they do compensate by actually commenting on what's happenning ( such as the "how" of the match ) and even when miyuki asked for her CAD maintenance , the animation team added that 3d schema to try to explain things in advance. i do love those touches since it's the best way to not lost too much bythe transition between book to anime.

Yeah this show got me interested in the manga, just spent the last 3 hours reading all the chapters that are out, still want more lol. Where are you finding the LN translated? Or are you reading it in japanese?

prwxv3

Mahouka novel/mango has a shit ton of info dumbs. I am impressed that the adaptation was able to condense most of it pretty well for the most part so far.

Rowdy Sumo Wrestler Matsutaro 3:
Matsutaro is still an ass, and he's way too talented right away at all of this. Three episodes in, and I'm still not really seeing anything to endear me to the character.

And yet somehow, I'm not sure if I'm going to drop the show or not. There's something in me that wants to keep going even though I find the character so obnoxious, and I'm not really sure why.

You know something that I just realized is that the Captain Tsukasa at the end of episode 3 of Mahouka did the same thing that Shiroe from Log Horizon does with his glasses. Straight up Villain.

tumblr_mx30x4zplF1slfz08o1_500.gif

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Need AnimeGAF's help.

Which is it?
Never trust asshole. They spew shit.
Also, soy sauce is better than ketchup.

Eusis

Need AnimeGAF's help.

Which is it?
I thought it was more of a southern thing? Not that I can quickly find a source on that.

Anyways the twist seems to be that the ketchup is a red herring: it's wrapping RICE up in egg that's a Japanese thing. And that actually looks nice, like using an omelette instead of a tortilla for a burrito.

So, what exactly is the general consensus of Aquarion EVOL here on AnimeGAF?

I'm 10 episodes into this show and the only thing really strikingly bad about it is the CG mecha. But as I've said in my impressions of episode 7 I really like the show's spirit, so basically I'm kinda neutral on the whole thing.

But it's weird. Cajun basically said it's "not list worthy" and Zach says it's worth it for this Fudo guy (who I've kept calling Dunban). And that's pretty much all that's been said. Nobody else has commented on the thing aside from that one gif from the show being posted that showed Mikono being dragged away by someone.

So, does anybody here like this show? Does anybody outright hate it? Anybody?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It's a lesson we all could learn!

Kiniro no Corda could be the best anime of the season and none of us would ever know because the only person watching it is only sampling disjointed bits and pieces. Can firehawk live with that kind of potential guilt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom