• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is the firehawk challenge to watch all the shows firehawk hasn't watched?
First ep of every show of a season.
It's a painful experience.
firehawk cheats at his own challenge since he scrubs through episodes anyway.
It's the only way to maintain your sanity if you're watching every single thing. I almost did it this season, barring a handful of shows and the return of the shounens. There are at least four card game anime this season, if you don't count HapCha. :(

Kiniro no Corda could be the best anime of the season and none of us would ever know because the only person watching it is only sampling disjointed bits and pieces. Can firehawk live with that kind of potential guilt?
Didn't you see my posts? I'm legit watching it. My inner maiden is unlocked!

Syrinx

And Yet The Town Moves 9

Beginning with the old couple who kept selling that thing to the antique store owner and her just making bank off of it was great. Love how she didn't buy that thing Hotori was trying to buy because nobody from her family would want to buy it back from her.

Whole sequence with that technicolor snack was more entertaining than I had expected it to be.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
http://i.imgur.com/B8uBvIa.jpg
Gintama The Final Chapter: Be Forever Yorozuya Movie Review

Gintama The Final Arc: Be Forever Yorozuya gets a 10/10. Woofdawg Seal of Approval.
I meant to go back to this to do a full review, since I watched it the moment the DVD came out. It's probably been too long, and I haven't had a hankering to watch this again like I have other Gintama arcs, but as an movie that essentially pays off the one thing we've always wanted to see? It works pretty damn well. I just wonder if it settles that whole thing or if they'll actually go back and do it seriously. But if nothing else, it made the movie matter... which is probably more than you can expect out of one of these films.

I think once you adopt Japan's apparent love of mayo, particularly their variants of it, you go beyond just being a weeb.
What makes Japanese mayo different anyway?

cajunator

Banned
tumblr_lwkoqwG1sO1r5f0jwo1_500_zps7780b227.jpg

I can only hope.

Yami is an experience you wont soon forget.

I meant to go back to this to do a full review, since I watched it the moment the DVD came out. It's probably been too long, and I haven't had a hankering to watch this again like I have other Gintama arcs, but as an movie that essentially pays off the one thing we've always wanted to see? It works pretty damn well. I just wonder if it settles that whole thing or if they'll actually go back and do it seriously. But if nothing else, it made the movie matter... which is probably more than you can expect out of one of these films.

If you're talking about a proper arc exploring the origins or the finalization of Gintama I genuinely expect the author to never do the former. He's honest about forgetting crap or not caring about stuff later on down the line. I mean how much has the premise changed since the show started? There's like no Amanto in later seasons and the main baddies they kept tooting in the OP's and ED's never appeared again. He'd rather tell a story about what he feels like telling and not be bogged down by standard story telling. That takes balls.

As to finishing Gintama, I genuinely feel this is another troll until they have more material. But like i said in my review, if this was indeed meant as the end and not a troll, then eh that works too.

Nisekoi - 15

Great new opening

Ok new ending

Marie is clearly marking her territory and is a nice challenge in this whle mess , meanwhile onodera just disintegrate because she does nothing AND EVEN misses a perfect opportunity to score , not only she refuses to fight , but she EVEN doesn't defend.
Chitose manage to prevent more damage done to her terirtory but couldn't prevent a massive loss of momentum because marie is very agressive.

Next episode will be intresting
Marie dad seems like a excellent Mid-season boss.

Actually I feel in this episode she kind of sabotaged herself. Which I didn't think was possible until now.

Gazoinks

Dennou Coil 4

That was... a surprisingly cool fight sequence. The way all the stuff is represented in the "real" world is dynamic and cool, and it was nice to see Daichi get his comeuppance. Sheesh. Also, some astute insight from Isako to Yasako (there's no way the similarity between these two is a coincidence by the way). Looks like there's more to her than meets the eye?

Subbers slacking off and not translating the dramatic text at the end. Happily the internet saves the day.

Akuma no Riddle 3

Getting interesting now that stuff is actually happening. I like the formula of having a different assassin attempt the kill each episode. Gives everyone their time in the spotlight.

Not sure they needed to blow their load on the sadistic serial killer on the very first one, though.

Eusis

As to finishing Gintama, I genuinely feel this is another troll until they have more material. But like i said in my review, if this was indeed meant as the end and not a troll, then eh that works too.
Going by the Wikipedia page it sounded like if it's the end it's the end, but if it does well then they'd probably keep the door open. And I guess the movie did well?

Seems silly to do that "last chapter" stuff though when the manga's not even done. Especially when the likes of Urusei Yatsura and I think Maison Ikkoku did exactly that, movie finales once the mangas wrapped up.

trejo

Peaks early on with the strip-speed and THERE WAS A HOLE HERE episodes. Mediocre otherwise.

The
main dude is actually the reincarnation of a dog!
reveal was also a pretty big spike, imo.

Other than those and dat
delicious purple-haired Zessica
I can't say I remember much more about the show.

Going by the Wikipedia page it sounded like if it's the end it's the end, but if it does well then they'd probably keep the door open. And I guess the movie did well?

Seems silly to do that "last chapter" stuff though when the manga's not even done. Especially when the likes of Urusei Yatsura and I think Maison Ikkoku did exactly that, movie finales once the mangas wrapped up.

The thing is manga sales are more than decent, don't know about anime dvd/blu-ray but the show as a whole has a fanbase and yes it seems like the movie did do pretty well. At this point it's lack of manga material.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

The last TV episode of Urusei Yatsura is a commemorative episode. It doesn't even try to wrap things up. The closing story is Movie 5 which adapts the final chapters of the manga.

The ending in Maison Ikkoku TV is comprehensive. The movie is a side story. At least, so I'm told. I have yet to watch it since anything more felt utterly unnecessary.

Eusis

The last TV episode of Urusei Yatsura is a commemorative episode. It doesn't even try to wrap things up. The closing story is Movie 5 which adapts the final chapters of the manga.

The ending in Maison Ikkoku TV is comprehensive. The movie is a side story. At least, so I'm told. I have yet to watch it since anything more felt utterly unnecessary.
Maison Ikkoku I'll take your word for without enough knowledge on my end, but UY I was specifically referring to the fact it labeled its movie "The Final Chapter" and was in fact an adaption of the end of the manga, while Gintama's seems to be more "this may be the last bit of Gintama animation we make guys!"

I suppose I should've cited Inu Yasha's "The Final Act" instead, but I was purely thinking in relation to movies.

Soul Eater Not 02

Well I thought the tarot part was funny at least. I really don't know why I keep watching this though.

Jewelpet Tinkle 28-35

Another round of character episodes, an enjoyable jewelpet race episode and I guess more character focused episodes.

Ace of Diamond 28

lol a recap episode

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Eusis: Depending on wether Inaba shows up in movie 4(I honestly forget), it should go:

UY TV -> UY OVAs -> UY movie 4 -> UY movie 5

Movie 1 was released around the time they interjected the run of Hoshizora Cycling as an ED and put in an edit of the movie open of "I, I, I, You and Ai".

Movie 2 is about the time Oshii quit at ep 106.

Movie 3 is sometime before the TV show ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom