• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

I take it you don't want to know about shows that do it with non lewd fan service.
For now, yes, the question was directed more about the ecchi/lewd type of fanservice, though of course there are many other definitions of it as well.

I promise I'll try to come up with a more highbrow question the next time I decide to ask one.

Gundam Build Fighters has a lot of fanservice
But not the kind you're thinking about
ib16y8G7VghUH1.jpg
ibjwr2XAI6lDko.jpg
Good enough.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Mgical Girl Pretty Sammy 22

Ayeka shows up to give Ramia one last go at taking down Tsunami in her inauguration. She said she was gonna make the annoying girl with a crush on Hiroto the next magical girl, but instead representative with a pole up her ass became it instead, and she's called Love Me Eimi. Okay. she's immune to Pretty Coquettish Bomber so that's kinda a problem for Sammy. But Misao's gonna do something. Pixy Misa bout to make an apperance for good motherfucker.
Haha, that whole thing was a fake-out to the viewer. Aeka never said anything to that effect.

cnet128

Banned
Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara 3

This harem is growing fast. Now we have a robot, a tsundere martial arts girl
who is also osananajimi and already went full dere
, and, though she's not really part of the harem (at least yet), a Yukarin student council president! Still no sign of the red-haired loli though. *waits impatiently*

One thing I have to admit: I feel the whole flag mechanic is surprisingly under-utilised. The logic of it is a little odd, and all it seems to be used for is very occasional one-off gags and extra-officially adding girls to the harem.

Also, curse you Souta! Why would you break a perfectly good
yandere
flag?!

Gundam Build Fighters - 1

Yup. This is gonna be it. This is going to be the show that I may just enjoy more than TTGL if it plays its cards right. I can feel it in my bones. Like, I was stunned about everything in this episode.

-Sei is adorably nerdy with his Gundams.
-Reiji is a freaking awesome bro.
-These fights have so much spirit and energy put into them. And they're just children toys duking it out in virtual reality!
-Oh lord, that Ral dude's face. I'm gonna like this guy.
-Dat uplifting ED theme.

This is the best first episode of an anime that I've seen in a looooong time. Like, I had no questions and no long, drawn-out boring backstory thrown at me. Just fun.

JoeFu

Banned
Brandy's best moments came in the NBA threads I think. His Dark Knight post after the Mavs won in 2011 after pretending to be a heat bandwagoner during the playoffs was pretty amazing. his hoping other teams plane crash is something else though..

mahouka 3

so many words. jeebus. Something about this show man... its like everybody's a robot where emotions are programmed in occasionally.

and lol quicktime player.

And lol poor sister, big bro feels nothing, he rather shoot his waves into dudes.

flags everywhere.

Narag

Seen it wished on the Pats in the NFL thread.

We're pretty tasteful about it in there, often hoping not for a plane crash but for something more realistic like a meteor strike, city swallowing earthquake, or Bernard Pollard on the opposing roster.

JoeFu

Banned
One Week Friends is so heartwarming. I'm loving the show. Looks like episode 4 might bring the drama with the title of the episode being Fighting with Friends.

One Week Friends is so heartwarming. I'm loving the show. Looks like episode 4 might bring the drama with the title of the episode being Fighting with Friends.

Even episode 3 had a fair amount of drama in the middle of it, but the preview makes it seem like the next episode might have even more. Whether it's being sweet or sad, the show always seems to hit the emotional notes just right.

Syrinx

Magical Girl Pretty Sammy TV 23

Shit, Left speaks out of my left earbud, and Right speaks out of my right earbud.

Ramia ahould be punished greatly for allowing Ayeka to do this shit. It's so obvious she was up to something sinister even beyond her...damn girl, how dense and desperate can you be to fall into that

Rumya's going down to Earth. Which is good, because it is my honest opinion that the only person who can save the day is Pixy Misa. Maybe she and Sammy can do that Pixy Pretty Sexual Coquettish Fire Bomber (or whatever) thing they did in the OVA.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So the rights for all these things go back to production companies and they can find new distributors?

And what happens with digital? Do all the gonzo shows get immediately pulled from streaming services like CR?
I have no idea, actually. I assume they just will lose the license whenever it retires.

lol

---

Mahouka
eY3GWgZl.png

La Corda
HO1n0Utl.png

Kawaisou
SX4W28wl.png

It's not TV, it's ANIME.

Gazoinks

Dennou Coil 5

I'm a bit confused by something. What exactly does it mean when their bodies start getting all crackly and they need to restore their signal or whatever? They're actual people, it's not like they only exist in cyberspace. Did I miss something or has this just not been addressed yet?

Isako's mean, but I have a feeling they'll end up allied with her when whatever's actually going on is revealed.

Interesting that Isako, Haraken, and Denpa get headaches, as they all have special powers related to space. Isako's got her Encoder business, Haraken's got the Satchiis under his control, and Denpa is a living antenna and can hear the sounds of metabugs. Interesting!

Haraken's pet is the Satchii!

Yeah, that's what I thought happened, but I wasn't entirely sure because...what the hell >.>

Actually that wasn't it . Apologies if this confusion was my mistake yesterday but i thought i corrected it.

Miyuki actually used
the same thing tatsuya used in the previous match ( large influx of psion waves )..that was the entire point miyuki asked for the CAD adjustement for, to be able to do the same thing if needed. Tatsuya was simply "wasted" But he does have a system that reder any damage done to him meaningless by reverting him to an earlier state. That was just was happenned. Miyuki had no intention of hurting her brother.

Link Man

Banned
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU 8

Really great episode, and that twist at the end was quite interesting. Wonder what's going to happen with it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Whoever the scriptwriter was for that drama CD, I wonder if this was their way of taking a shot at the stupidity of that point in the original novel.
A harem idiot is always a harem idiot. It's just a matter of how they're handled. lol

You were right, that did feel like something from the first season.
If they were smart, they'd let Tatenashi carry the damn show on her back by just doing 12 episodes of her trolling and speaking truth. lol

Gazoinks

One-week Friends 3

Oh, they're starting to cart out the feels now. Chillbro is pretty chill, glad he turned around fairly quickly. I wonder when the other girl in the OP will show up. This episode also revealed a bit of the overall arc of the show, in that
we start delving into what caused the amnesia, as well as Kaori being able to retain memories. Improvement! Hopefully they'll figure out a way to cure her by the end. This had better not have a tragic ending.

Tonari no Seki-kun 16

We are all trapped by our past actions.

Haikyuu!! 03

Training montage again go! DTL's husbando suckssssssss

Mou Hitotsu no Mirai wo ONA 03

We need communicationnnnnnnnn.

Jewelpet Tinkle 36-44

Mid-season climax and oh hey the magical games are finally starting up.

One-week Friends 3

Oh, they're starting to cart out the feels now. Chillbro is pretty chill, glad he turned around fairly quickly. I wonder when the other girl in the OP will show up. This episode also revealed a bit of the overall arc of the show, in that
we start delving into what caused the amnesia, as well as Kaori being able to retain memories. Improvement! Hopefully they'll figure out a way to cure her by the end. This had better not have a tragic ending.

betting on some reverse twist, ala there never was a girl and the protag imagined her.

cnet128

Banned
Baby Steps 3

lol I knew
that kiss would turn out to be a silly misunderstanding. Some cliffhanger that ended up being XD

At any rate, Takasaki-san love. Loved that scene where she was just staring intensely at Ei-chan, oblivious to everything else.

Mahouka 3

I like this. Despite the explanation's for protag's Gary Stu abilities being largely technobabble, enough attention is given to the prejudice-fueled conflicts for his victories to be satisfying. Maybe I'm just a sucker for the standard "hey, this guy is part of X group, so he's totally weak, but oh shit he just totally owned me" trope that's the basis for a lot of shounen, but I think it's done relatively well here.

Incest scene was weird though...

This reminds me more of a better Magical Warfare than Sword Art Online honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom