• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRancor

Nagahama wants to make an original superhero anime? Fuck yeah! I knew he was a cool dude behind all those arthouse vibes! <3
He did wear an Iron Man t-shirt at an anime convention.
dJCsOzL.jpg

It could be worse.

Maybe the most worse thing of you(and some people) is Sidonia currently beat almost every spring show(including Mekaku,Mahouka,Haikyuu,Captain Earth etc,Love Live is the only exception) in pre-order chart

Alright i'm surprised too,really?Japan really eat up CG TV anime?well maybe Arpeggio changed something to them.

cajunator

Banned
If you're wearing a skintight body suit and have a similar name to a Strike Witch you're going to get sexualized.

Aila looks amazing no doubt. Zachy have you watched Stratos 4 yet? If you like skintight suits and such..

Is there a day of the year where it isn't a waifu's birthday?

probably but who would want to research that?

There you go.

Lol. Shirou is such a loser. Worst character.

TheRancor

Maybe the most worse thing of you(and some people) is Sidonia currently beat almost every spring show(including Mekaku,Mahouka,Haikyuu,Captain Earth etc,Love Live is the only exception) in pre-order chart

Alright i'm surprised too,really?Japan really eat up CG TV anime?well maybe Arpeggio changed something to them.
Because we all know they have such great taste. lol

cajunator

Banned
I found some neat stone mask and used it on my account. We're all good now.

thats a nifty trick!

It could be worse.

it could always be worse.

Glad to be back. May I grace the wall of shame for many threads to come.

welcome back! You were fortunate!

zxLUNUql.jpg

The best flag.

jNhHww5l.jpg

Well, probably not the worst place to put a charging port.

But yeah, this is turning out to be my stupid show of the season. Basically this season's D-Frag for me. I'm just afraid of the big bad story rearing its ugly head at some point.

Watch Hand Maid May to see a creative place to put a charger.

Well for me its just unaffordable to consume anime in any other legal way.

Its more affordable than it used to be. I was collecting anime while paying for college so its definitely possible. Anime costs a lot less now per episode too (plus sometimes you even get a dvd and bluray version in the same package!)

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
zxLUNUql.jpg

The best flag.

jNhHww5l.jpg

Well, probably not the worst place to put a charging port.

But yeah, this is turning out to be my stupid show of the season. Basically this season's D-Frag for me. I'm just afraid of the big bad story rearing its ugly head at some point.

Better than the
reset button
in Chobits

Quasar

Its more affordable than it used to be. I was collecting anime while paying for college so its definitely possible. Anime costs a lot less now per episode too (plus sometimes you even get a dvd and bluray version in the same package!)

I don't deny that. Western media on disc is cheaper too, especially if you wait till after its outside the new release window where it tends to drop like a stone.

Still I tend to not buy physical media anymore. Theres really only a few exceptions to that rule (music from Japan (which is unavailable digitally outside Japan), scores and classical music (which tends to sound better on CD than the highly lossy compression digital services use), and the few films I really want on BluRay for the full 50 megabit/DTSHDMA experience (otherwise a 1080p netflix stream with 5.1 is good enough) as well as books that rely on good layout (ebooks are mostly good enough for novels).

cajunator

Banned
I don't deny that. Western media on disc is cheaper too, especially if you wait till after its outside the new release window where it tends to drop like a stone.

Still I tend to not buy physical media anymore. Theres really only a few exceptions to that rule (music from Japan (which is unavailable digitally outside Japan), scores and classical music (which tends to sound better on CD than the highly lossy compression digital services use), and the few films I really want on BluRay for the full 50 megabit/DTSHDMA experience (otherwise a 1080p netflix stream with 5.1 is good enough) as well as books that rely on good layout (ebooks are mostly good enough for novels).

The problem I have seen is a large amount of shows from my early anime collecting years are lost in licensing hell. In particular some of Geneons early stuff has been lost to time. I dont regret spending the money collecting some shows as they came out since theres no really cheap way to obtain them at this point.

Jintor

I'm probably off buying physical media for movies, maybe even games for life now, but I don't think I could ever stop buying physical books. Though I do buy ebooks of the more pulpy crap I want to read and will probably never re-read.

Kurita

I'm probably off buying physical media for movies, maybe even games for life now, but I don't think I could ever stop buying physical books. Though I do buy ebooks of the more pulpy crap I want to read and will probably never re-read.

I'll never go digital when it comes to manga/books.
I still buy CDs but that's mostly when the things I want aren't on iTunes/Amazon MP3.

Quasar

I'm probably off buying physical media for movies,

Which is an issue for anime movies as they tend to not be on any streaming service. I'm not sure why. Dunno if its purely folks asking for more money than say Crunchyroll would be willing to pay (and Netflix still has a very hot and cold - mostly cold - relationship with anime).

maybe even games for life now

Yeah. If at all possible I'm done with physical media for games. Which isn't that hard given I'm primarily a PC gamer.

fertygo

Happiness Charge Precure - 10

Better musical than Frozen.

Btw goddamn Yuu-chan showing that swagger in the end :bow

Erika position as best precure got solid competition now.

Jintor

If Nintendo would just friggin' join the rest of us in this century I'd be able to probably completely toss out buying physical games.

duckroll

The Yamato 2199 movie is REAL! Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - The Starfaring Ark will open in Japan on Dec 6 2014. Ahead of that they will have a special event screening for a new recap movie for the TV series called Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - Recollection of the Voyage on Oct 11 2014. Itshappening.jpg

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
The Yamato 2199 movie is REAL! Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - The Starfaring Ark will open in Japan on Dec 6 2014. Ahead of that they will have a special event screening for a new recap movie for the TV series called Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - Recollection of the Voyage on Oct 11 2014. Itshappening.jpg

sweet-jesus.gif

Maison Ikkoku 52
Great hiding spot, no one would ever find you there. But this was a really nice episode, they handled the important character moments in this very well. And it's good to finally have some movement after the string of episodes before this that didn't really go anywhere.

TheRancor

Hook it to my veins.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Is Magi a good series? I see it highly rated, but I recall seeing a lot of hate for it around here. I started watching it, the first episode was pretty awesome, but something was off about ep. 2-3. Hmmmm.

DiGiKerot

Is Magi a good series? I see it highly rated, but I recall seeing a lot of hate for it around here. I started watching it, the first episode was pretty awesome, but something was off about ep. 2-3. Hmmmm.

The first series, at least, was riddled with animation production issues (at least at broadcast) and questionable series composition decisions. I gather the second series finds it's feet somewhat, but I don't think many who weren't already invested in the property from the manga stuck around to see that happen.

The dislike here mostly stems from its low production values, and it has a few infamous episodes with unfinished animation and appalling visuals. The 2nd season seems to have been better received, though I stopped watching well before that point.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What episode was the softcore tentacle rape again?
I'm going to lie and say episode three to get you to vote for it. It's actually episode 21.

Also what is the best line? "I'll protect all of you" said just before his whole team dies?

I didn't keep many screenshots from that time.

EDIT: I suppose that means we'll vote for the slugs as the best monster then.

JoeFu

Banned
I'm going to lie and say episode three to get you to vote for it. It's actually episode 21.

Also what is the best line? "I'll protect all of you" said just before his whole team dies?

I didn't keep many screenshots from that time.

EDIT: I suppose that means we'll vote for the slugs as the best monster then.

What's episode 3 about? I don't remember specific episode number unless its a show I actually like

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Episode three is home to SAOsuicide. So where Kirito completely fails and we can all laugh at him. It's the main reason I remember the episode over the other ones.

JoeFu

Banned
Hahahah its the suicide.gif episode and where everybody dies? Okay that's a great episode. I dont remember it being that early in the show hahah

Shengar

Someone braver than me should make a thread in OT for this: http://www.swordart-online.net/SAOA/en/

<3

:bow Aniplex :bow

Looooooooool.

The Sword Art Online Awards is an international award celebrating the development of the Sword Art Online anime series. The award recognizes the remarkable achievements of every aspect of Sword Art Online and is the mark of highest honor.
SAO fans will vote for the winners of each of the 12 categories!
We look forward to all of your votes.

daryan-laughs%28c%29.gif

Wait, they being serious with this, aren't they?

Happiness Charge Precure - 10

Better musical than Frozen.

Btw goddamn Yuu-chan showing that swagger in the end :bow

Erika position as best precure got solid competition now.
that's what i've been saying ..but many people belive this is impossible.
I guess seeing is believing.

Thisisnice.jpeg

Someone braver than me should make a thread in OT for this: http://www.swordart-online.net/SAOA/en/

<3

:bow Aniplex :bow

Looooooooool.

I don't get the point of this...
As someone who don't hate Sao ..i really don't see the point of this..

cajunator

Banned
If Nintendo would just friggin' join the rest of us in this century I'd be able to probably completely toss out buying physical

I just cannot do it. I will never fully trust digital. Theres always the desire to collect something and something tangible to actually own. Its such an alien concept to me to spend full price on something I cannot even see as a physical product. It feels wrong.

Pretty good series, would have bought if aniplex made it on BD. Regardless, first arc of the first season is pretty good with good friendship and such. 2nd season it really takes off so definitely stick around for it, the major arc second half more than makes up for the many flaws of the first half and delivers upon being one of the most enthralling stories to grace the target demographic for the genre. (and the ost). [A storm is coming to us all] best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom