• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

I actually watched anime this weekend. On the advice of wonzo and a bunch of other jokers I picked up Ping Pong.

The art looks like dogshit. Like, interfering with my ability to enjoy the show level of awful.

Branduil

I actually watched anime this weekend. On the advice of wonzo and a bunch of other jokers I picked up Ping Pong.

The art looks like dogshit. Like, interfering with my ability to enjoy the show level of awful.

It could be worse.

ibiaSkR3aXoPy0.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara 3

As dumb as this show is, I enjoyed that Haganai parody.
zxLUNUql.jpg

The best flag.

jNhHww5l.jpg

Well, probably not the worst place to put a charging port.

But yeah, this is turning out to be my stupid show of the season. Basically this season's D-Frag for me. I'm just afraid of the big bad story rearing its ugly head at some point.

I don't know about that but you definitely have more than the right amount of posts Sorario lol. Just keep chilling here for 2-3 more weeks see if you get full member status.

Rowdy Sumo Wrestler Matsutaro - 1-2
I'm relieved to say Matsutaro isn't the insufferable asshole that I'd thought he'd be. He's comically arrogant and rude, yes, but the show's goofy 70's vibe that it has going on plays into how exaggerated he is as a character along with the various hijinks that he gets himself into. Even the sound effects are straight out of something you'd hear in an older production. If only it wasn't as hard on the eyes as it can be at times, which was different compared to...

Happiness Charge Precure! - 1
This was really eager to get the ball rolling! It managed to set up the villains, three precures, and the whole collecting clothing sets from victories(?) thing rather quickly! I liked the pacing of this a lot as they barreled through introductions and small pieces of world building, like glimpses of the villains' effect on the city and precures being a widely known thing, without it becoming unwieldy or going too fast. There's a lot of energy here too, which is why I liked Megumi's "Boomin' leave it to me!" catchphrase so much.

cajunator

Banned
manchild |OT30| anime fans

thats me!

Yami 2

Gonna bust out an ice heal for that Pokemon.

Wait so many questions: where are we? who are you people?! how did she get the fake money? why is she not freaking out about where she is? WHAT IS GOING ON?

A cheongsam...my kryptonite...

Everyone's dead so of course the most fitting music is
a happy accordion piece, dummy!

OKAY WHERE THE FUCK ARE WE NOW

I'M JUST GONNA DANCE BALLET IN PLACE AND YOU'RE GONNA BE FUCKING PLEASED ABOUT IT

OKAY good we're back. This spy bit kinda reminds me of Night Raid 1931, only actually better.

Okay, two things. One: WHY HAVE YOU BEEN CARRYING THAT SWORD AROUND. Two: lol I've never seen skirt physics like that.

So it's a show about world hoping? Probably through
books given the titled and preview bits
. Why is Hadzuki not freaked out about any of this is my big question, jesus.

Youve got questions, Yami has
more questions sucker!

DiGiKerot

Love Live 2 episode 3 - Maaaaaaaaaaaaan, a surprising amount of the A-RISE stage performance looks to be animated on the 1s. It's pretty amazing, particularly when you then jump to the heroines performance, which consists of large chunks of CG animated on the 2s. If they wanted A-RISE to make an impact, they certainly managed it.

Anyway, worth checking out for the sakuga folks, I guess.

cajunator

Banned
No problem with the conversation, I just wanted to post Pohana again.

this thread needs occasional Pohana for flavor.

Gonzo is going out of business.... again.

(Also at link: Sakuracon panel reports with Hiroshi Nagahama of Mushishi fame and more info from Range Murata, designer of Last Exile.)

I love Gonzo :(
I will miss them even though they arent what they used to be. They made a lot of series dear to me.

So what series is the most unabashedly straightforward about its own fanservice/lewdness?

Sora No Otoshimono without a doubt!

Theonik

Ok, the person in question might be a bit too reserved to say this, but it's "theo-nik" not "the-onik".
That is indeed the case. I shall record an audio clip.

No, but people have been typing "TheOnik" and "Oink" and he's been kind of upset.
I'm not that upset *pun pun pun*

TV version is the real gem, I think. Looked like 26 eps of WB11
It's a damn shame the fixed DVD version is what's readily available.

The Dio dream is dead.
RIP

This would be so goooooood

I'd just like to take a moment again to remind everyone what kind of show selector infected WIXOSS truly is.

It's that kind of show. You have one guess as to who Mari Okada's favorite character is:

http://a.pomf.se/vwivez.webm

Can you guess yet?
Why must you tempt me so?

Is it worth watching the Patlabor OVA series before the movies?
Yes.

Do intentionally ugly females exist in anime?
Yes.
I can also think of the landlord on Maou-sama from recent anime.

Date a Live S2 2

Opening: There's no way I was ever going to dislike the song after hearing it in the PV.
Ending: I enjoy it more than the previous season.

The Twins are here~

Their bickering never gets old.

Really think the voices for both of them fit perfectly.

Liking the Yoshino scenes so she doesn't become completely irrelevant.
I should check out DAL at some point I think.

I'm finally back home from my Japan trip.
Here's what I bought:
I also got a grab bag of anime cels/sketches for 500 JPY:
I got it because I could see the You're Under Arrest cel. Feel free to tell me what animes the other ones are from :p
Nice hauls!

Cut down on the salt works please and have some honey candy

Dat Wallpaper

Whoever translated this on the official TOEI Animation website....

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/precure/special/

Cock
ibtsgUpXj8LEWP.png

A lot of them do.
How else would they draw such brown UNF?

Any good rabbit-themed anime that might be worth checking out for Easter today?
Usagi-chan de Cue!!
Maybe. No warranties given.

Because they are terrible terrible people.

Didn't think my mother would've did this, but she did!

Still too soon.
Not KirbyYuuYuu. Too outdated. Also Happy Birthday(?)

Please do not sexualize the Jyrkiäinen
image.php

Itchybutt

I think I'm right to assume my 3 month timer is reset now because I was banned?
Nope. In fact the time is based on the time on your profile not your approval so counts from the 9th of Feb.

cajunator

Banned
To Love Ru.

this is a great choice.

So the rights for all these things go back to production companies and they can find new distributors?

And what happens with digital? Do all the gonzo shows get immediately pulled from streaming services like CR?

all these uncertainties are why I collect so much anime even with unprecedented availability online. Its just too temporary. Anime isnt a disposeable commodity to me. Its something I enjoy over and over.

I gotta go with this and I haven't even watched it. I've just seen GIFs and it looks lewd as all hell.

Toloveru delivers exactly the goods people want. To the very limit possible.

Quasar

all these uncertainties are why I collect so much anime even with unprecedented availability online. Its just too temporary. Anime isnt a disposeable commodity to me. Its something I enjoy over and over.

Well for me its just unaffordable to consume anime in any other legal way.

Quasar

A related topic that someone here might be able to answer.

How does one go about accessing kindle content from the Japananese kindle store from outside Japan.

I have an iPad with the kindle app (which is connected to a US amazon account).

Is it simply a matter of deregistering my ipad with the US kindle store and registering it with the Japanese kindle store?

Defuser

One week friends ep 3

Plot twist : the reason why Fujimiya doesn't think chill bro as a friend because her brain register him as a lover instead. Hase NTR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom