• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link Man

Banned
I just cannot do it. I will never fully trust digital. Theres always the desire to collect something and something tangible to actually own. Its such an alien concept to me to spend full price on something I cannot even see as a physical product. It feels wrong.
Full price? That's where you're going wrong.

Tenumi

Banned
Dragonball: 06, 07

HppOakf.jpg

Turns out Oolong had transportation. Figures. Gratuatous shower scene for Bulma, and an excuse to put Bulma into a bunnygirl outfit. And they say fanservice now is bad...

Oh, and Oolong's transportation is blown up. So much for that.

Round 2 of Goku vs Yamcha occurs in episode 6. Goku wins in one hit, pretty much. Yamcha's useless already.

Chi-Chi makes her debut in episode 7, along with her father the Ox King. Naturally, Goku pats her on the crotch, so that means they'll probably get married someday

Hattori

Banned
Something Something Flag 1-2
Another enjoyable show this season. Firehawk(?) was right this show is about as crazy as DFrag and I love it x)

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Dragonball: 06, 07

Turns out Oolong had transportation. Figures. Gratuatous shower scene for Bulma, and an excuse to put Bulma into a bunnygirl outfit. And they say fanservice now is bad...

Oh, and Oolong's transportation is blown up. So much for that.

Round 2 of Goku vs Yamcha occurs in episode 6. Goku wins in one hit, pretty much. Yamcha's useless already.

Chi-Chi makes her debut in episode 7, along with her father the Ox King. Naturally, Goku pats her on the crotch, so that means they'll probably get married someday

that's the reason Yamcha is called Yamcha, really

Narag

Captain Earth 2

GGG vibes continue what with that control room, Puck reminding me of Penchinon, and the main mecha itself. Head looks weird with the big hole in it, wouldn't be surprised if we get a gem in there later. :lol

sonicmj1

Spice and Wolf 2

That OP is growing on me fast. It's really beautiful.

ibd9vuIgg79787.jpg

Potato... you will be missed.

The show isn't giving us much conflict, but I really like how Holo and Lawrence's relationship develops. Holo is proud, wise, and sometimes impulsive, but she also has her own vulnerabilities. Their conversation on the cart as they passed through town after leaving the church was incredibly revealing.

i0IQUBqeDyZZ4.jpg
ibsvJbv2vmQWyg.jpg

Holo's a lot of fun when she's messing with Lawrence. He's pretty serious most of the time, so it's good when she can undercut it.

As a show, it's not much of a looker. I'm not really sure what else to say. The characters are great, so I want them to get to actually negotiating. The currency talk was enough of a tease to have me wanting more.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Shengar: One Femmeworth is bad enough.

Maison Ikkoku 58-60

This is the worst series of utterly stupid misunderstandings. I feel like I should go on a Corvo Rage, but I just don't have the energy to do it.
Warned you. It's not done either.

Fortunately, come episode 63 the show realizes it fucked up and pretends it never happened.

Shengar: One Femmeworth is bad enough.

Warned you. It's not done either.

Fortunately, come episode 63 the show realizes it fucked up and pretends it never happened.

Yeah, I've gotten past it and now they're back to Yagami focused episodes like that whole arc never happened. It's bizarre, did it happen that way in the manga too? That string of episodes feels so out of place.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah, I've gotten past it and now they're back to Yagami focused episodes like that whole arc never happened. It's bizarre, did it happen that way in the manga too? That string of episodes feels so out of place.
I dunno. I own the manga but haven't read through it all yet.

I just know that when I first saw that part I was mad as hell.

cnet128

Banned
i mean not even as fanservice, i doubt many are excited to see the naked body of a smallish girl with barbie doll anatomy.

She's literally the only reason I'm still watching it.

To be honest I'm not sure why anyone would be interested in the show except for Eco and her fanservice. Without that, it's just LN tripe of the worst kind.

To bring up a point I haven't complained about in my impressions already, it was really offputting in the second episode when the central plot point of the entire series was literally skipped over as though it was unimportant. Eco being a dragon who takes human form is supposed to be this big unprecedented thing that makes the MC special (as evidenced by the main conflict of that episode, when she was kidnapped for experimentation purposes), yet nobody, not even the MC himself, ever actually questioned the fact that she was a human dragon or even registered any kind of surprise. Even his explanation of this new situation to all the other characters apparently happened offscreen. Either that or it was so brief that I literally missed it (I wouldn't be too surprised, the show isn't exactly engaging).

Mahouka 3

You know, I really don't have a problem with the incest trends in anime, although they all seem to be either for shock value or gimmicks, but for a show that's so self serious like Mahouka to have its only moment of levity be to require that its main character who has been built up as this genius when it comes to readying others and their actions to turn into a generic harem doofus who can't see that his sister is throwing herself at him really gets on my nerves. Its not that its incest, its that its just so generic in its execution.

Mahouka 3

You know, I really don't have a problem with the incest trends in anime, although they all seem to be either for shock value or gimmicks, but for a show that's so self serious like Mahouka to have its only moment of levity be to require that its main character who has been built up as this genius when it comes to readying others and their actions to turn into a generic harem doofus who can't see that his sister is throwing herself at him really gets on my nerves. Its not that its incest, its that its just so generic in its execution.

No he does understand that her love for him is more than sisterly, or at least that's what I got. But the love he has for her is that of a brother and he simply ignores the advances.

Midonin

Mangaka 03

One of the few characters to retain their voice from the drama CD, Kugyuu appears! Sena's exactly what I'd expect a Kugimiya character to be like. I think having multiple segments in one episode works best, since the jokes never drag out for too long. Though the one with the underwear was pushing it, but she pushed back.

No he does understand that her love for him is more than sisterly, or at least that's what I got. But the love he has for her is that of a brother and he simply ignores the advances.

I don't know man, if he really knows that she's madly in love with him, then that joke he makes in episode 2 about if they weren't related he would date her seems mad cruel.

I don't know man, if he really knows that she's madly in love with him, then that joke he makes in episode 2 about if they weren't related he would date her seems mad cruel.

I don't know if he knows she's madly in love with him, but he seems to have a grasp that she doesn't only see him as a brother. Still, the grand excuse is that he doesn't have feelings and he's pretending to be normal. It's shoddy writing. He's not as oblivious as 90% of harem protagonists and at the very least I appreciate that he's not a bumbling idiot, just very straightforward and serious. The manga hasn't gone too in depth into harem antics.

Midonin

M3 01

I consider myself a fan of Junichi Sato, and I have no real problems with Mari Okada, though I never saw her last take on the mecha genre. With a show like this being announced so late in the game, I have no idea what it's like. But, sampled the first episode. Real robots, and a lot of cast members, but only Akashi was really fleshed out so far. The mystery of the dark forest is kinda interesting, and I am curious about just who that girl at the end was. The depressing air of the show isn't something I'd normally be drawn to, but it looks like it has the potential to be interesting. And interesting is really all I'm looking for.

cajunator

Banned
Full price? That's where you're going wrong.

I really dont enjoy paying more than 10$ for digital games. Its a collector thing.

I can already predict that at the end of this I will be come Inferno Cop. NANI?!

u-wut-m8-1v1-irl_o_2033551.jpg

Its not done with you yet!

So this makes 3 members of animegaf with psycho in their name.

Hello there fellow Scrapped Princess fan! *waves*

Yeah it's the author of Scrapped Princess, the director of Scrapped Princess, and the same animation studio that made Scrapped Princess. It's pretty cool how they managed to get the team together again to adapt a fantasy series which is basically.... about another scrapped princess. Lol.

As far as the adaptation goes, I'm not sure what the plan is, but when the Scrapped Princess anime started, the novels weren't complete either. The final two volumes came out while the anime was airing, and I think the final volume was actually released in the same month the anime concluded. I wonder if there's something similar planned here?

Yeah, Scrapped Princess is my of my all time favorite Bones show!

In regards to the light novel release schedule, that seems like a common marketing strategy for Japan, I suppose. It was like this for Golden Time as well. In the month that the final episode was scheduled to air, they released the last volume of the light novel. I think just 2 weeks or so before the last episode actually aired. I guess it's to attract people who were unwilling to wait for the anime to end as well at putting it out at the height of its popularity. Also, looking at the release gap between light novels, the last volume was obvious delayed to market it this way.

Just found out the New Waiting in the Summer is just a new OVA episode. Crushed because I was looking forward to a new series from the same team.

I don't know if he knows she's madly in love with him, but he seems to have a grasp that she doesn't only see him as a brother. Still, the grand excuse is that he doesn't have feelings and he's pretending to be normal. It's shoddy writing. He's not as oblivious as 90% of harem protagonists and at the very least I appreciate that he's not a bumbling idiot, just very straightforward and serious. The manga hasn't gone too in depth into harem antics.

He's so straightforward and serious that he's boring. I feel like for a MC to be that self serious he need more exciting characters around him to play off of.They don't need to be ADHD, hanging from the walls, but every other character seems to be either a boring straight man, a boring bloom that is offended that the MC can even breathe on his own, or a girl who is sending subtly (I want you) vibes to the MC. So the sister insect comic relief seems like an out of place way to get some excitementinto the show.

Kenzen Robo Daimidaler - 01

THIS IS STUPID ...

OMg it's stupid , so stupid i don't even ...

Yet i was laughing all the way..

"let me fondle your breasts or you'll die here !"

looool

He's so straightforward and serious that he's boring. I feel like for a MC to be that self serious he need more exciting characters around him to play off of.They don't need to be ADHD, hanging from the walls, but every other character seems to be either a boring straight man, a boring bloom that is offended that the MC can even breathe on his own, or a girl who is sending subtly (I want you) vibes to the MC. So the sister insect comic relief seems like an out of place way to get some excitementinto the show.

Eh. I'm watching it because the OP'ness of him is hilariously ridiculous to the point nothing can beat him. Which is entertaining in its own.

Midonin

Love Live! S2 03

A-RISE was this distant, unreachable enemy from the start of the first season, so having them approach μ's on their own terms was rather unexpected. Both sides are clearly working towards their own victory, but seeing how that graph line was moving upward, further upwards, it looks like Honoka may have made a strong impression after all, even if she had to go into enemy turf to do so. The outfits and the new song were both pretty nice. The nighttime setting, the dim blue lights, it gave it a very classy feel, for lack of a better word. Nice pick-me-up right after M3, too.

Love Live S2 3
Interesting how they have met their rivals this early into the season especially with how distant they seemed in the first
and poor Nico getting the only backhanded compliment
. Getting two songs in a row was nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom