• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFu

Banned
That Flag show is too crazy for me and I loved how crazy D-Frag was.

The first episode was uh something. Might try the other episodes later when I feel normalcy creeping up on me.

Dresden

yowamushi pedal - 28

GXsIpkZ.jpg
EBWYg4U.jpg

bJdoOoq.jpg
Ja1TCJI.jpg

POWERED BY MOE

e: this entire episode covered a three minute stretch of the race.

I still liked it.

This SEEMS like it has potential, but since it's Okada and Kawamori I'll tread very very lightly.
I wonder if this will turn into some Devil Survivor shit.

Blusby

This SEEMS like it has potential, but since it's Okada and Kawamori I'll tread very very lightly.
I wonder if this will turn into some Devil Survivor shit.
Kawamori is only handling the mech designs (which is good cause that's his forte besides directing dogfight sequences).
Okada is the only one to fear here.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane 01

Soullessly regurgitated design-by-committee crap. This would have felt tired and dated even in the heyday of cheap, slipshod Evangelion-killers, and by modern standards it's unwatchable. Even with the ultimate duo of show-ruining clowns on staff it's not even the slightest bit funny-bad; it's just a mechanical, rote, processed, lifeless teen angst mecha. SatoJun is just here for a paycheck at best, and has finally slumped into permanent apathetic hackdom at worst. RIP

M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane 01

Soullessly regurgitated design-by-committee crap. This would have felt tired and dated even in the heyday of cheap, slipshod Evangelion-killers, and by modern standards it's unwatchable. Even with the ultimate duo of show-ruining clowns on staff it's not even the slightest bit funny-bad; it's just a mechanical, rote, processed, lifeless teen angst mecha. SatoJun is just here for a paycheck at best, and has finally slumped into permanent apathetic hackdom at worst. RIP

I didn't think it was that bad

Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara 3
Very enjoyable, a lot like Noucome from last summer. The two girls introduced are very enjoyable.
I hope the yandere flag makes a return

Soredemo 3

Even if I like both main characters and their chemistry, the series turns dull every time they try to show the "traumatized past" of the king and how eventually (so clear and predictable) she will heal his wounds though her love. Hell, in this episode don't even let it to the viewer's poor imagination but it goes about it very literally. Her rain serves to heal people's heart, it heal him, etc etc. Just so clumsy.

And god, please, no more Tender Rain.

One week Friends 3

Not as good as the second episode.
And I was surprised she seems to start recovering from her problem already in the third episode! The MC's friend is a third wheel, and I think that somehow it will bring complication to the plot. I hope it's not just the typical triangle romance.

survivor

Banned
M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane 1
Wow, this is ugly. Like ignore the ugly CG that looks so outdated and awful, the lighting for these night scenes is so bad. I can barely tell what the hell I'm looking it. And it's not like the daytime scenes are any better looking, they look extremely cheap.

The writing is your bog down standard "evil aliens monsters, special group of kids pilot mecha to beat them with a specialized weapon, teenage angst crap" I think the only glimmer of hope is Okada might ramp up the melodrama in the upcoming episodes, but otherwise I can't think of anything good about this episode.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane 1

Wow, this is ugly. Like ignore the ugly CG that looks so outdated and awful, the lighting for these night scenes is so bad. I can barely tell what the hell I'm looking it. And it's not like the daytime scenes are any better looking, they look extremely cheap.

The writing is your bog down standard "evil aliens monsters, special group of kids pilot mecha to beat them with a specialized weapon, teenage angst crap" I think the only glimmer of hope is Okada might ramp up the melodrama in the upcoming episodes, but otherwise I can't think of anything good about this episode.

That somehow looks even worse then Nobunaga The Fool.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

If Okada writing is what you want then just watch WIXOSS. It's already delivering.

survivor

Banned
Soredemo 3

Even if I like both main characters and their chemistry, the series turns dull every time they try to show the "traumatized past" of the king and how eventually (so clear and predictable) she will heal his wounds though her love. Hell, in this episode don't even let it to the viewer's poor imagination but it goes about it very literally. Her rain serves to heal people's heart, it heal him, etc etc. Just so clumsy.

And god, please, no more Tender Rain.
I really don't like the Tender Rain song. I wouldn't complain if it was something used as an OP/ED, but as a song for a sacred ritual to summon rain? It just doesn't feel like the appropriate choice.

If Okada writing is what you want then just watch WIXOSS. It's already delivering.
Yeah, I should probably pick that up again. After reading impressions here about the last 2 episodes, it looks like it's heading more toward a direction I wouldn't mind watching it.

Better then the first episode, and wow an actually pretty cool fight scene
Chaika still cute
MC is Sundowner
Still can't bring myself to drop this
Eyebrooooows

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mushishi Zoku Shou Episode 1:

I can see why this show is getting a lot of high praise though I can't say this episode turned me into a raving lunatic of quality that some of the other watchers here. Mind you this is certainly a very atmospheric series that also brings a mature and subtle tone that is far too lacking in a lot of anime. I do not have experience with season one and thus I lack that basis to compare it to, but I have been told this is all very stand alone. Anyway, basically what kill it for me was I didn't find the brew master tale all that interesting and indeed just a bit on the confusing side logically. Anyway, yea, this is a damn fine show but it is going to talk more then being an absurdly pretty version of Folktales From Japan to wrest control of the seasonal crown from Stardust Crusaders over even Ping Pong for that matter.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
firehawk used that on satojun's tamayura more aggressive show. perhaps he cursed him and in turn, you've cursed studio pablo

Pablo will be great forever, just stuck doing terrible shows.

So what youre saying is that the show is really good?

I'm saying go and watch all 12 episodes of Brothers Conflict and you can tell me if it means that it's good.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
firehawk used that on satojun's tamayura more aggressive show. perhaps he cursed him and in turn, you've cursed studio pablo
MORE AGGRESSIVE forever.

Pablo will be great forever, just stuck doing terrible shows.

I'm saying go and watch all 12 episodes of Brothers Conflict and you can tell me if it means that it's good.
But the squirrel turned into a guy!

Zeppeli

Banned
Well I was a little off. Lol.

I would assume so. I wouldn't worry. Just make sure not to get banned while in junior status. ;P

I am sure you'll become a full-fledged member again in no time.

Haha, I was never a full fledged member, actually. I was banned as a Junior.

So what youre saying is that the show is really good?

A Google Search to find out what the hell "Pablo Power" was led me to this on pablopower.org

That's pretty damn moe.

Jarmel

Banned
Zero broke 40k with their box set sales and even the terribad DEEN adaption broke 20k, the Ufotable adaption will most likely be the most successful series this year.

Pretty much. There's a reason why they could afford to work on this(in production stage) for over a year. It's money in the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom