• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oreimo 2

"Saori Bajeena"

I CAN'T

EDIT:The dude from Kuroneko's fantasy is lelouch reference isn't he. Lelouch being one of the main causes of my 8th grade syndrome back in the day. Heh.

Hunter x Hunter 126

Yy0WQ7tl.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Oreimo 1

tumblr_inline_mfb6q42SJ21rx2s6k.gif

PUSH THROUGH. COME ON YOU CAN DO THIS. YOU GOT THROUGH WATCHING SWORD ART ONLINE YOU CAN GET THROUGH THIS.

season one isnt bad really. Kind of fun actually.

Still like that first season! It's the Infinite Stratos of incest shows!

now youre reaching into the rabbit's hole.

Man I can already tell Madoka is going to be a drain on my wallet, and I hate magical girl crap(well besides Sailor Moon in the Toonami days).

it might but just imagine if you get into figurines too! Then its all over.

I think I'm the only person who dislikes Madoka. I just couldn't take it seriously whatsoever.

On another note, how is the Watamote BD that's coming out $69.98?! Insane!

People will buy it.
me

Hunter x Hunter - 126

Madhouse , you guys rock.
i was waiting for a LONG time to see this animated.

YOU DELIVERED !

SO FREAKING AWESOME

I had little doubt that they would be able to rise up to the challenge considering how they adapted york shin and the start of this arc but goddammmmm.

This was a 11/10 episode ... heck i could even argue for a 12/10

Trophy_hxh-126.png

They did it ! i can now look forward to ep 128 when sh*t will hit the fan EVEN MORE.

Syrinx

And Yet The Town Moves 12-End

Probably the best episode of the show. This show's portrayal of the afterlife was one of my favorites. Love how the guide was like "No, no, you need to go to the Japanese side" while that thing yelled "Hey! I was gonna send her to hell!" And then they can pay money to fuck with people in the living world. Was great how you had to pay extra for a custom spirit photo and Hotori was all "Huh, so that's why all those spirit photos are alike".

And then things got pretty emotional as she viewed everybody reacting to her death (well, coma) in the living world. Was kinda disappointed that Hotori ended up being able to come back to life, but it didn't take away from the episode. Also liked the narration where the title finally comes into play.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Oreimo 2

"Saori Bajeena"

I CAN'T

EDIT:The dude from Kuroneko's fantasy is lelouch reference isn't he. Lelouch being one of the main causes of my 8th grade syndrome back in the day. Heh.

Sour Vags, the best character.

cajunator

Banned
Well... The S2 OVAs are... something... but S1 and even most of S2 is entertaining.

ImoCho seems like a much worse thing... Only seen the first episode of that myself though.

yes Imocho is pretty awful.

Alright, I'm bored as hell. Someone give me the name of a feely SOL that's half decent for me to watch casually over the next few days.

Aria the animation

Dominion Tank Police 01

This was pretty good for a first episode. The main character and part of the setup reminded me of the Patlabor OVA. Of course where the two characters mainly differ, is that while the Patlabor protagonist is a robot nerd Tank Police's protagonist is pretty oblivious to tanks.
And let's talk about those tanks for a second.
They basically looked like Metal Slug inluding boss designs. I am fairly convinced this OVA served as inspiration for Metal Slug's design which to me pretty much makes it a thing that should be treasured.
Oh yeah this episode also featured cat-ear girls dressed as nurses stripping.

Yes the puma sisters...squee catgirls!

Detective Conan 305-306:
This is one of those cases where Kogorou gets to be awesome. Despite Conan resigning himself to having to give lots of hints, Kogorou actually figures pretty much everything out on his own (even figuring out something that Conan missed out on), and only really needs a couple of minor hints from Conan in terms of actually providing the evidence. And that moment at the end when he refuses to cover up specifically because of his relationship with Ruri is a great moment. It really shows the cool side of Kogorou's character and how he's a lot more thoughtful than he often appears to be. You almost wonder if he could solve more crimes if Conan would just give him an extra five minutes.

The episode was also littered with some funny Kogorou/Eri moments in terms of the various stories from when they were kids, as well as the epilogue scene with Ran and Eri talking.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I made it 8 episodes into Oreimo before realizing that I hated every single character with the exception of Saori, and she didn't get enough screentime for me to keep watching.

Jintor

Soul Eater Not! 3

Oh shit. We delving into manga canon nao. Eat that Bones Eater.

/edit wow signficiantly less fuwa fuwa than intended. Ox's jp voice is pretty good tho

Zeppeli

Banned
Okay, yeah, dropped. Dropped like a rock. Fuck Tamayura.

Time to move on to Haruhi for the first time for some slice of life shit. I'll try Aria later.

Good lord, I posted that impression but I had accidentally put the bold tags instead of spoiler tags.

It was only for like, 5 seconds before I fixed it. But still, in case anybody saw it in that small time-window, know that I am very, very sorry.

Zeppeli

Banned
Good lord, I posted that impression but I had accidentally put the bold tags instead of spoiler tags.

It was only for like, 5 seconds before I fixed it. But still, in case anybody saw it in that small time-window, know that I am very, very sorry.

I'm livid towards you at this moment. Why would you spoil that
he dies?! COME ON MAN

Just playing I don't fuck wit HxH

CorvoSol

Guys don't say the S word or you'll anger them.

Why is there Oreimo hate?

It was a good show.

Because some people find the idea of marrying their sister thoroughly repulsive. Obviously they just need to embrace fine anime like SAO and Yami and realize that there is no more ready target for your affections than your sister. I mean if your sister won't fuck you, who will?

Zeppeli

Banned
Guys don't say the S word or you'll anger them.

Because some people find the idea of marrying their sister thoroughly repulsive. Obviously they just need to embrace fine anime like SAO and Yami and realize that there is no more ready target for your affections than your sister. I mean if your sister won't fuck you, who will?

green sound waves dot gif, etc

There is a big difference between disliking the ending of a show and disliking a show.

I actually like oreimo because i like the characters even if i dislike the ending a LOT.

Oreimo is not "only" his ending arc Nothing wrong with liking oreimo, that doesn't mean that you like incest or anything else.
Same for SAO , you can enjoy this anime and don't care for a subplot that goes nowhere.

Back to oreimo , it had a lot of genuine , fun moments across S1 , and the S1 oavs , heck the first half of S2 was pretty similar ..it's perfectly understandable that one could like the anime based on those numerous good points.

Black Bullet 3

People who thought this anime would be lighthearted probably eat crow, because it's definitely not lighthearted. I'm just amazed on how sensei can eat those booger looking meatballs. Though I got to say masked man looks as menacing as ever top of the line troll and also Loli fights are pretty amazing. So far so good can't wait till next week.

JoeFu

Banned
Finished and Yet the Town Moves. Really liked it, last episode was really really good. Like Syrinx said, it got pretty emotional when Hotori watched everyone's reaction to her "death".

So what SHAFT do I watch next?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Finished and Yet the Town Moves. Really liked it, last episode was really really good. Like Syrinx said, it got pretty emotional when Hotori watched everyone's reaction to her "death".

Go out on a limb and try Natsu no Arashi. SHAFT's late 00s comedies are some of the best things to come out of the studio.

JoeFu

Banned
Hidamari Sketch.

I might pick this show up when I get more monies. I have seen the widefaces, but I don't know anything about this show.

There's Madoka if you haven't seen that, but SoreMachi is about all you need from SHAFT.

I've watched Madoka, Monogatari, and I'm following Nisekoi and Mekaku City Actors right now.

Go out on a limb and try Natsu no Arashi. SHAFT's late 00s comedies are some of the best things to come out of the studio.

I'll check this out since it's on CR and easier for me to watch.

Dresden

Arakawa Under the Bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom