• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

Watch whatever the hell you want to watch. This shit doesn't need to be a lifestyle. If you actually want to watch this, do it. If you're doing this out of some perceived obligation, then I would reconsider.

Besides, if he was doing some death-suicide-anime pact he should do better than OreImo.

Narag

Total garbage, eh?

Good to know.

iogfNqwGz0fk7.gif

Zeppeli

Banned
Alright, I'm bored as hell. Someone give me the name of a feely SOL that's half decent for me to watch casually over the next few days.

I think I'm the only person who dislikes Madoka. I just couldn't take it seriously whatsoever.
Im 5 episodes in and the only thing I dislike is artstyle of the character designs.
It isn't something I would normally jump to watch but hearing people always talk about it I decided to watch it anyway eventually.
The art and the fact that its Magical Girl is why I have put it off for about a year.

So you hate magical girl shows outside a bastardization of a genre-redefining work? Seems backwards.
I don't know, anytime I see "magical girl" its just one big "NOPE"
Couldn't get past a single episode of Illyasviel

zeroshiki

You guys haven't seen hax or straight up OPness like [bKumagawa][/b] fool can erase you from existence
http://cdn.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Misogi-Kumagawa.jpg[img]
Shit even Medaka is super OP[/QUOTE]

Ah, yes, I remember this guy. One of "the greatest characters in fiction" according to an esteemed AnimeGaffer IIRC.

You guys haven't seen hax or straight up OPness like Kumagawa fool can erase you from existence

Shit even Medaka is super OP

Kumagawa was one of the best villains ever. I have a dream and it's to have another season of Medaka Box.

Even so, I got to hand the most OP powers to two Jojo's characters: Giorno and Pucci. They are OP in a OP universe.

Branduil

Johan is pretty great.
Kotomine Kirei
in Fate/Zero is also pretty fun.

There's also Lady Eboshi, Dio, Light, Luo-Lang in Sword of the Stranger, Tetsuo,
Kyuubey
in Madoka, Gendou, and Hotaru. I'd say
Squealer
in From the New World but we all know he was actually the hero.

Kumagawa was one of the best villains ever. I have a dream and it's to have another season of Medaka Box.

Even so, I got to hand the most OP powers to two Jojo's characters: Giorno and Pucci. They are OP in a OP universe.

He is one of the best villains in shounen, he's just a fuckin troll which is why he is the best.

Kazzy

You guys haven't seen hax or straight up OPness like Kumagawa fool can erase you from existence

The fact that they can (largely) retain his edge,
even after he essentially 'sides' with the good guys, is pretty impressive.
He's a character who practically stays true to his original premise - that he's an asshole.

I think I'm the only person who dislikes Madoka. I just couldn't take it seriously whatsoever.

On another note, how is the Watamote BD that's coming out $69.98?! Insane!

Sentai usually has a set price for one cour series.

$50 - Sub-only DVD
$60 - Sub-only Blu-ray OR Hyb DVD
$70 - Hyb Blu-ray

Remember these are just the MSRP and can be found for much less at places like Right Stuf and Amazon.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
http://cdn.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Misogi-Kumagawa.jpg[img]
Shit even Medaka is super OP[/QUOTE]

Kumawaga the most meta villain ever. The only reason he lose because plot demand so.

Also Anshin'in, the character that single handedly make typesetter want to kill himself due to her 100 skills.

Theonik

Dominion Tank Police 01
This was pretty good for a first episode. The main character and part of the setup reminded me of the Patlabor OVA. Of course where the two characters mainly differ, is that while the Patlabor protagonist is a robot nerd Tank Police's protagonist is pretty oblivious to tanks.
And let's talk about those tanks for a second.
They basically looked like Metal Slug inluding boss designs. I am fairly convinced this OVA served as inspiration for Metal Slug's design which to me pretty much makes it a thing that should be treasured.
Oh yeah this episode also featured cat-ear girls dressed as nurses stripping.

Jintor

Still early on JoJos (like really early) but the only thing that's really bugging me is how Speedwagon, in the space of a mugging, turned from crazy homicidal thief into JoJo's best friend forever.

Oh well, whatever.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mushishi Zoku Shou Episode 2:

Yes, thematically this was a much interesting episode then the first, a tale of fear and redemption handled with a palpable maturity that is all too rare. That being said I still find this show to be a bit on the overrated side, mainly because the gushers have been downright hyperbolic about this program. Make no mistake, I think that this is a very solid and atmospheric show but that is as far as it goes. I could not put this over the sheer creativity of Ping Pong or the bombastic legacy of Stardust Crusaders personally.

Narag

Still early on JoJos (like really early) but the only thing that's really bugging me is how Speedwagon, in the space of a mugging, turned from crazy homicidal thief into JoJo's best friend forever.

Oh well, whatever.

It's like you never had a bro yourself.

So you hate magical girl shows outside a bastardization of a genre-redefining work? Seems backwards.

The only magical girl shows I enjoy are Madoka and Nanoha.

Madoka because, well, it's freaking Madoka.

Nanoha mostly because of the fact that it was less of a fantasy and more of a sci-fi kind of thing.

Any other magical girl shows as far as I can remember never really clicked with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom