• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

Latest episode didn't have enough sexy butts for DTinaL.

mJ2MSBE.gif

If DTL is Tina then does that make Brandy Louise?

Gazoinks

Spice & Wolf 2

So tired yesterday I forgot to watch this. I've betrayed sonicmj.

Good episode. Even when there's not that much actually happening, Lawrence and Holo's interactions are entertaining enough to drive the episode. They play off each other really well. Liked the end especially where we saw a somewhat darker side to it.

That kid's got a creepy face.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
You done goofed! You should have played it cool so anime GAF doesn't sense your passion. Anime-GAF runs one hell of a mean negative campaign. If you think SAO got a beating then you just wait to see what they'll do to your HxH. They ain't right I tell you :(

Bail out while you can. I heard 126 was an absolute disappointment from the only source here worth trusting for anime impression... DTL himself.
hahaha oh DTL

Link Man

Banned
Hanamaru Kindergarten 10

Well, that episode was a riot.
And a disappointment for Tsuchi, but that's how it goes I guess.

Just powered through all of death note in 3 or 4 days. Light is probably one of the most morally corrupt characters I've ever seen in any medium of entertainment.

Just powered through all of death note in 3 or 4 days. Light is probably one of the most morally corrupt characters I've ever seen in any medium of entertainment.

Oreimo guy is worst. He's a decent guy over-all, but wanting to bang your sister makes you more morally corrupt than a dictator.

He's a dicktater.

cajunator

Banned
Before I posted asking what my next SHAFT should be I chose whatever anime was before Nisekoi which was Sasami-san@Ganbaranai.

Just watched the first episode on Hulu... wat

its not awful just reallllly bizarre. Some great seiyuus and plenty of cute. I ended up ordering a Tsugumi figure which looks completely adorable. Its hard to describe that show. You kind of just have to watch it for yourself.

It has one good arc mired in a bunch of otaku metahumor, bad characters, and incestuous overtones. If episode one didn't motivate you to continue, I definitely wouldn't.

Since you're interested in the studio and because I've seen the majority of the studio's Shinbo-era output, I'll provide my personal SHAFT POWER RANKINGS (out of what I've watched).

1. Bakemonogatari
2. Soredemo
3. Madoka
4. Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei
5. Natsu no Arashi
6. Arakawa Under the Bridge
7. Hidamari Sketch
8. Monogatari SS
9. Denpa Onna
10. Nisemonogatari
11. Maria-Holic
12. Sasami-san
13. Nisekoi
14. Vampire Bund
15. Pani Poni Dash

YOU FORGOT THE BEST ONE NOT CALLED HIDAMARI. IM TRYING TO THINK OF A PUNISHMENT.

Gazoinks

I wanted to post a picture of a penis shaped potato so bad. But you know NSFW and all.

IMqpnnrl.jpg

-------------------------------

Dennou Coil 6

I've said this before, but this show does a really good job of having a generally fairly light tone while hinting at darker mysteries underneath. I assume it'll take a shift towards the darker side later on.

Learned a lot about Haraken in this episode. He turned out to be a pretty likable character.
Avenging a dead friend? Saddest sixth grader?
And Fumie stopped being mean! And hey, Yasako is becoming less reserved too. I also liked the bit where they went without glasses. Aside from being funny, it really drove home how integrated into society these things are. Damn you Google!

Next episode looks more dramatic from the preview.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mushishi Zoku Shou Episode 3:

Well then, I was not expecting this series to get this dark though in doing so it has churned out its best episode yet.

Gazoinks

Mushishi Zoku Shou Episode 3:

Well then, I was not expecting this series to get this dark though in doing so it has churned out its best episode yet.

Heh, the first season got really dark actually. I'm kind of waiting for one of the episodes in ZS to match one of the first season's darker ones in tone, as they were all really good.

Link Man

Banned
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU 10

Perv-chan really is the best.

But seriously,
kind of hate people who use a position of authority as a status symbol, while piling the workload onto everyone else. Then again, Yukino did pretty much brush the chairman aside and decided to take over pretty much everything, so while the chairman is at fault for slacking off, it seems as though Yukino is at fault for acting as an enabler.
I'm wondering if Yukino's being sincere here, since if this is a lesson she's trying to teach the chairman, it's a rather cruel one, and if she is being sincere, it suggests a dangerous personality defect.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Heh, the first season got really dark actually. I'm kind of waiting for one of the episodes in ZS to match one of the first season's darker ones in tone, as they were all really good.

Okay, I am not sure how much pitch black a person wants to get then the tale
a borderline suicidal guy who is a deep depression because of his literal kid sister drowned in a lake and he ends up almost dying and suffering major frostbite before he can move on with life.

Gazoinks

Okay, I am not sure how much pitch black a person wants to get then the tale
a borderline suicidal guy who is a deep depression because of his literal kid sister drowned in a lake and he ends up almost dying and suffering major frostbite before he can move on with life.

I don't want to give the implication that I want it to be dark for dark's sake or anything. The main thing about the darker stories in the first half is that their were several that just didn't end well. It just provides a contrast with the nicer stories. Emotional depth and such. :p

Oreimo S1 is pretty well-written and funny. To crib one from the Hyouka fans: "It's not about the incest--it's about the character development!"

Unfortunately, they ran out of good jokes for S2, which is mostly a slog. Until you get to the ending ONAs, where you find out the joke is on you the viewer.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oreimo S1 is pretty well-written and funny. To crib one from the Hyouka fans: "It's not about the incest--it's about the character development!"

Unfortunately, they ran out of good jokes for S2, which is mostly a slog. Until you get to the ending ONAs, where you find out the joke is on you the viewer.
S1 was Watamote except if the insufferable girl got everything to go her way and everyone loved her instead of despised or ignored her. Had it just ended with dude kicking her to the curb in the US and him hooking up with the catgirl, it would have been a fine end to an average nerd bait show.

The real S1 ending and S2 was basically just trolling the audience, although I'm still not sure if it was sincere or ionic.

zeroshiki

I never watched OreImo properly but someone once told me that I used to live near the monorail that was featured in the show. Just for that, I can't totally hate on the show.

zeroshiki

Yamato 3

Yeaaaaah. The Wave Motion Gun is maaaaaybe just a little absurdly powerful.

Too bad neither Yamato nor LOGH have even fake mecha that could be used to force an appearance in SRW :( I'd have loved to have seen how insane they'd classify the Wave Motion Gun as. Maybe 150 guts 9999 MAP weapon with infinite range?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Too bad neither Yamato nor LOGH have even fake mecha that could be used to force an appearance in SRW :( I'd have loved to have seen how insane they'd classify the Wave Motion Gun as. Maybe 150 guts 9999 MAP weapon with infinite range?

Space Jets > Mecha anyway!

CorvoSol

Balanced by the need to aim it by hand, no doubt.

Aim? Why would you ever need to aim that? They aimed the gun and destroyed everything in front of and behind them. You don't need to aim that thing.

JoJo's Persona Adventure 2

JoJo's mom is the mom of the season.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Black Bullet 3
I feel like the scene doesn't flow smoothly, and Rentaro either got some awesome healing ability, or he got black jack as his doctor. Also, i still hate his boots. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom