• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Hunter X Hunter 2011 Episode 122
aw yeah, it started getting really hype at the end, we gonna see a real match.

Syrinx

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu 5

Haha, holy shit at the ending with the janitor going crazy and chasing Sousuke and that other kid around with a chainsaw. Kinda felt bad for him leading up to that, but damn, he fucking went nuts. Would probably do the same if somebody killed my cat and fed it to me though. That prick would be dead.

Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou
..yuka no...Yuka No.... YUKA NO!!!!!!!! You're not suppose to die. This is the bad ending. The really, really bad ending. Why Yuka...why.

Hunter X Hunter Episode 126

Holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this episode, freakin orgasm.

193288.gif

I don't give a shit if it's ongoing this anime is AOTY period, this episode was amazing 100/10 the best episode this year so far and it's not even the last fight. Got to say props to MadHouse, mad respect. Netero's face just sealed the deal, how the hell does Togashi do this damn.

JoeFu

Banned
Before I posted asking what my next SHAFT should be I chose whatever anime was before Nisekoi which was Sasami-san@Ganbaranai.

Just watched the first episode on Hulu... wat

jgminto

Before I posted asking what my next SHAFT should be I chose whatever anime was before Nisekoi which was Sasami-san@Ganbaranai.

I liked Sasami-san, it was weird. I don't think many people did here though.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

:shaft

i still need to watch that

i like the character designs at least

Mature

I liked the beginning of Sasami-san, but it began to devolve into an unearned drama. I remember someone around here liking it.

Puchimas!! 20

Poverty idol show episode.

Mahou Shoujo Taisen 03

RIP Masamune helmet monster.

Majin Bone 04

God the fights here are so dull and boring.

Jewelpet Tinkle 45-47

We stop the plot for Valentines.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

It has one good arc mired in a bunch of otaku metahumor, bad characters, and incestuous overtones. If episode one didn't motivate you to continue, I definitely wouldn't.

Since you're interested in the studio and because I've seen the majority of the studio's Shinbo-era output, I'll provide my personal SHAFT POWER RANKINGS (out of what I've watched).

1. Bakemonogatari
2. Soredemo
3. Madoka
4. Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei
5. Natsu no Arashi
6. Arakawa Under the Bridge
7. Hidamari Sketch
8. Monogatari SS
9. Denpa Onna
10. Nisemonogatari
11. Maria-Holic
12. Sasami-san
13. Nisekoi
14. Vampire Bund
15. Pani Poni Dash

Majin Bone 4

It really is incredible how easily likable every single character is. Even the most slice of life scenes are incredibly entertaining. I don't know what it is. It's not like they're especially well written. Maybe it's the relaxing atmosphere? The VA? How calm everybody sounds? How comfortable they are with each other?

I mean a huge deal probably has to do with our lead being strong and likable as well. This show has continued to prove it's too good to be a children's hobby show. Will continue to watch, if not for the Japanese Ramones ED alone.

Zeppeli

Banned
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 1

This was the weirdest first episode to a slice of life I have ever seen. So it's basically a delusional narcissistic girl forcing people to do things. It's like Chuu2 but not as shit and with no weird as hell fake action scenes.

Okay. On to 2.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 2

Only a bit into it but there's already sexual harassment and a false gang-rape accusation threat. I am so confused by this.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 1

This was the weirdest first episode to a slice of life I have ever seen. So it's basically a delusional narcissistic girl forcing people to do things. It's like Chuu2 but not as shit and with no weird as hell fake action scenes.

Okay. On to 2.

I'll give the recommendation to watch it in chronological order, I did as such and still enjoyed it immensely, not to mention I wasn't confused or trying to connect dots. But this show is worth watching for dat sweet Sugita and the movie. Especially the movie, since it's 90% Sugita being awesome.

Soma

Since you're interested in the studio and because I've seen the majority of the studio's Shinbo-era output, I'll provide my personal SHAFT POWER RANKINGS (out of what I've watched).
Same top three placing as mine!

Haven't watched much else other than the other Monogatari series but I do need to finish Arashi and Zetsubou.

And Hidamari at some point but I really need to be in a certain state of mind to sit through it.

Zeppeli

Banned
I'll give the recommendation to watch it in chronological order, I did as such and still enjoyed it immensely, not to mention I wasn't confused or trying to connect dots. But this show is worth watching for dat sweet Sugita and the movie. Especially the movie, since it's 90% Sugita being awesome.

Why does a slice of life need a movie
Why does a slice of life have a movie

JoeFu

Banned
Ain't no SoL

Also watching TV order is best. Anyone who watches it chronologically is wrong.

I liked the first episode of Natsu No Arashi. Not much to say, not sure what's gonna happen, but I'm interested.

Black Bullet 3
Thoughts during episode:

- Sensei is awesome.
- Enju did what?
- OP is still cool.
- Enju is a badass. Jumping out of a helicopter like that.
- Oh shit!!!!
- OH FUCK!!!
- The prez is cool.
- That's some serious firepower.
- Enju is just showing how BA she is.
- That's quite a talk.

Summary:
That was a really cool episode of Black Bullet. The main villain is definitely one of the best of the season. Enju is awesome. Retoro is awesome. Just everything in this show screams awesome. It is definitely on the top of my list for anime of the season so far.

Zeppeli

Banned
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 2 - Rest of it

What the hell is about to happen in this show.

Also the ED is rad.

Wait, it isn't? I thought this was a slice of life...

Keep watching, though in the shallow sense it is a SOL.

Ain't no SoL

Also watching TV order is best. Anyone who watches it chronologically is wrong.

FUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAA U DORPHIIIIIIIIIIIIN.

Hunter x Hunter 126

DgIzbOg.gif

I'm not crying.
It's just been raining. On my face.
And if you think you see a tear track down my cheek please. Please. Don't tell my mates.

What an amazing episode. I've been waiting for an episode like this. A battle I truly cared about went throughout the whole episode. And it was amazing. Like. Nothing I can say can do it justice, go watch it right now if you haven't.

Everybody rise to salute Netero. Pour one for your homies. What a way to go

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Hunter X Hunter 2011 Episode 123
I thought I was going to be disappointed since they teased me up and not show the big fight but I ended up liking this episode way more than I thought, it's all starting to come together now.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I don't give a shit if it's ongoing this anime is AOTY period, this episode was amazing 100/10 the best episode this year so far and it's not even the last fight. Got to say props to MadHouse, mad respect. Netero's face just sealed the deal, how the hell does Togashi do this damn.

You done goofed! You should have played it cool so anime GAF doesn't sense your passion. Anime-GAF runs one hell of a mean negative campaign. If you think SAO got a beating then you just wait to see what they'll do to your HxH. They ain't right I tell you :(

Hunter X Hunter 2011 Episode 123
I thought I was going to be disappointed since they teased me up and not show the big fight but I ended up liking this episode way more than I thought, it's all starting to come together now.

Bail out while you can. I heard 126 was an absolute disappointment from the only source here worth trusting for anime impression... DTL himself.

Articalys

Nothing in the thread, I meant. Of course a few shows aired today. And more (that I actually watch) will air tomorrow, and the day after, and so forth through Sunday, then Monday and Tuesday are a respite, then the cycle begins anew.

cajunator

Banned
Madoka Magica End
Wow that ending was awful, wtf..

awful in what way? Perhaps you might like how Movie #3 ends it..

Finished and Yet the Town Moves. Really liked it, last episode was really really good. Like Syrinx said, it got pretty emotional when Hotori watched everyone's reaction to her "death".

So what SHAFT do I watch next?

I would say Hidamari but aside from that Arakawa Under the Bridge is some great Shaft weirdness.
Denpa Onna is a loooot of fun too.

Ehhh for a show all about explosions, pretty much only kid buu got nuked. Everyone else got beamed. And if takes a commercial break to gather the dragon balls so protags dying doesn't count!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom