• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

Detective Conan 308:
I think it's kind of neat how here Conan isn't as preoccupied with solving the case as he is with trying to steal evidence from under the police's nose. It's an interesting decision to put his need for getting information about the Black Organization up against the investigation, and it kind of works from a suspense level. At the end, Conan has finally got a major lead, and then we get that great scene with him and Ran walking along and Akai showing up. The visuals for that scene were unusually out there compared to the normal style that the show uses.
They definitely made it a point to have that scene stand out. I haven't gotten to that point yet in the manga, but I imagine it's probably a big moment as well.

cnet128

Banned
No Game No Life 3

Well, that chess game took a rather Seki-kun-esque turn. Loving Sora's charisma. He speaks only truth.

CUTE! IS! JUSTICE!

Oreimo S2 ep1 1st 30 seconds

"Ok lets get started. S1 wasn't too bad wonder how depraved S2 had to be to make people...whattheghdlsbrbbrbhbrbgbrhb"

Oh dear.

Branduil

The future of anime:

kochadaiiyan280id7.gif

Amazing.

So...did you watch Nourin?

I can never decide which is worse, 100ppp people or dark theme heretics.
I'm 100pp and dark theme

Dark theme is easier on my eyes.
100pp make it easier to follow a big thread.

Haven't watched the episode yet, but the Ace Attorney and Jojo references do appear in the manga version at least.

Well that's why i said it might have been added when the writter felt confident on what he was doing .. I read this yesterday ( book 1 & 2 ) and i don't recall any jojo or ace attorney references at this point i don't think the anime has cleared book 1 yet.( but then again i haven't seen this episode ... )

Eusis

FMA will probably stay my favorite of shonen stuff. I can see Jojo knocking the rest out as straight up battle shonen stuff though.

Oreimo 2

Really lets me appreciate the reversed dominance of Ayase and Kyousuke in Tastuya and Miyuki. It's kind of funny listening to them.

But smartphone companion apps really are important to games. They actually showed a pretty good implementation here.

Generic harem antics are going to be common now aren't they.

Have you read it or just watched the show?

That's true.

Seen the show but I do know that most battle mangas get their ideas from JoJo since it's a really old series. That doesn't mean I don't think JoJo isn't top tier because it's definitely is, it's just a preference.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Top tier shonen and no one mention Hoshin Engi (anime version is shit though), Slam dunk, or GTO, yet....

Also, yeah, Kongou Bancho is hot stuff. After making that ice skating blizzard axel with lot of bishonen, Inaba probably need to raise his testosterone level a bit by making Kongou Bancho

I don't know what you guys are saying FairyTail is top tier shounen that Nakama power.
just kidding, but seriously Hiro is the trolls of all trolls.

jgminto

Seen the show but I do know that most battle mangas get their ideas from JoJo since it's a really old series. That doesn't mean I don't think JoJo isn't top tier because it's definitely is, it's just a preference.

Well, the actual stuff that makes Jojo awesome hasn't even really started yet.

jgminto

What are those awesome things, does it go into even more manly territory.

Of course, but the battles also get much more interesting once it gets into stand territory. It becomes more about figuring out the enemies' abilities than just a straight up fistfight.

Part 4 is great but some of the battles in Stardust are the best in the entire series. I won't get into it since it's airing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom