• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Game No Life 3

Arrrgh why does this show have to be so entertaining!? If it dropped the creepy fanservice (which, to be fair wasn't really in this ep) this would probably be in the top tier of this season. The writing is really fun and all the references are great. I have to wonder if the original source is this fun or if a quality script writer elevated it. Were the Jojo and Ace Attorney references in the LN?

No.

Those were addition made for the anime..
To be fair after this part the siblings do start making some references at some point , but in light doses.. But i wouldn't put it past me that the anime script was made with the author approval in mind since he did say that he was kinda restricted and played it "safe" because it was is first LN ( as a writter ) after douzen of other works were he was only drawing.

I never said it was outright incest. Throughout the first half of the show it just seemed like a pair of loving siblings. But the more that happened the more I convinced myself there were hints. But my only major proof was the spoiler part. I'd love to be told otherwise, but I saw this situation in anime and instantly thought "shit it may have happened again"

I'm just having fun since people see incest everywhere when there is nothing going on....i was beginning to doubt my familly values untill i realised that most people overreacted

When you hire a VA and his/her sole role is to go, and I quote,

"Chee Chee Chee Chee Chee Chee Chee Chee"

That is assuming it's not one of the VA's doing the voice.
It's usually never a sole role, the squirrel in Gargantia was voiced by Ai Kayano who was also on the show (oddly enough the exact same can be said for Captain Earth's alien squirrel thing). Even then I don't see the problem, especially since Miyukichi "voiced" the pug from Space Bros which is hilarious.
very nice avatar Zachy
Thank you for the original picture!

It's usually never a sole role, the squirrel in Gargantia was voiced by Ai Kayano who was also on the show (oddly enough the exact same can be said for Captain Earth). Even then I don't see the problem, especially since Miyukichi "voiced" the pug from Space Bros which is hilarious.

You shut your mouth and do not bring Apo into this. He is an important character who affects the plot, he has dreams and hopes (of hot dogs) and literally the show would not go on without him. IT IS NOT. HYPOCRISY.

BKyaKpN.gif

Acosta

Nisekoi 1-11

As expected, the show is getting consistently less funny (episode 11 now) and more focused in the "promise", that given the name of the show it will be some kind of convulsed nonsense with lots of embarrassing moments and false impressions.

It´s a bit sad how the fact that both characters are mafia son/daughter is being underplayed so much, I thought it would be used more predominantly to create silly situations, but so far it seems quite focused on high school life and classical situations of heart bumps skipping and misunderstandings.

However, I still like the characters and how pleasing to the eye this show is (nice style, nice animation). And it´s not being too melodramatic (yet), which is ok. So I keep being interested.

(I think I got a past message about Date a Life deleted by a mod, probably for being too spoilerific, too dumb, or both, really sorry about that)

Midonin

I love the cute squee things. They are designed to be huggable and sell plushies, which I buy. Theres nothing wrong with them at all.
Exactly! Half of the reason why I remember Mashiro-iro Symphony is because of Pannya. That little cat thing was adorable.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Page 47 (yes that's right page 47) and we already have to close the thread because of Godwin's law.

You know after watching that episode between Netero and the King for Hunter X Hunter, I really can't fuckin wait for Gon's and Neferpitou's fight. And people who say anime is shit I have to tell them something, that Hunter X Hunter is the savior of anime that has been brought down from the heavens.

You know after watching that episode between Netero and the King for Hunter X Hunter, I really can't fuckin wait for Gon's and Neferpitou's fight. And people who say anime is shit I have to tell them something, that Hunter X Hunter is the savior of anime that has been brought down from the heavens.

How can Hunter X Hunter be the savior if it's an adaptation of a manga that was already adapted?

Detective Conan 308:
I think it's kind of neat how here Conan isn't as preoccupied with solving the case as he is with trying to steal evidence from under the police's nose. It's an interesting decision to put his need for getting information about the Black Organization up against the investigation, and it kind of works from a suspense level. At the end, Conan has finally got a major lead, and then we get that great scene with him and Ran walking along and Akai showing up. The visuals for that scene were unusually out there compared to the normal style that the show uses.

No.

Those were addition made for the anime..
To be fair after this part the siblings do start making some references at some point , but in light doses.. But i wouldn't put it past me that the anime script was made with the author approval in mind since he did say that he was kinda restricted and played it "safe" because it was is first LN ( as a writter ) after douzen of other works were he was only drawing.

Haven't watched the episode yet, but the Ace Attorney and Jojo references do appear in the manga version at least.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yakitate japan is CRIMINALLY underrated on animegaf. Really wish more people would watch it.
Probably because those who watched it watched it to the end and got annoyed by the ending.

I still say the first arc is the best, 2nd is ok but goes completely off the rails by the end and the third is dire. And to think it is actually an improvement over the manga which is even more God Awful. Reactions were good when they over the top and imaginary. Once they had
real effects and permanent transformations
... good lords above on toast... it lost all its charm. Basically what I'm saying is the more down to Earth it was the better.

Also the way they murder Kawachi's character is a bloody disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom