• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
The main thing that bothered me about the final arcs of Yakitate japan was
japan never actually got a signature bread
my favorite was that turtle bread. The best part of the show was the reactions by the judges. Also Tsukino because shes lovely and cute.

Midonin

School Days 01-04

I'm not going into School Days completely blind. I've seen the Magical Heart Kokoro-chan OVA, because my weakness for magical girls and magical girl spinoffs knows no limits. The ending's entered into general anime pop culture knowledge, so I know all about boats and the niceness of them. I vaguely remember being on /a/ when it happened, but I was a newbie to anime at the time.

Even if I didn't know the ending, the show itself is laying on the foreshadowing a little thick. Every lecture in class has something about betrayal or bloody ends or love problems. I find it ironic that if Makoto had read the atmosphere and chosen one of the bloody horror movies, he could've
avoided his own fate of starring in one.
An equally large part of this is Sekai's inability to say she loves him and Kotonoha's inability to be assertive about her role in the relationship. While Makoto isn't quite yet the slimeball I've heard he becomes, he has a bit of Nice Guy in him. Eager to get to the sex without really caring about the actual relationship in between. That he perved on Kotonoha and got no payback - and only the second was accidental - is showing signs of what may eventually bubble over.

You can tell a lot about an anime/VN from its color palette, and School Days has copious amounts of black, in the hair colors, eye colors and clothes. While it's realistic to Japan, a simple change to more colorful uniforms would set the tone for a considerably different series. The signs were there before I'd seen a minute of the show.

I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

But there is!

There is one ? i must try it.

---------------------------
Kanojo ga flag wo oraretara - 03

I'm really surprised by this anime. i thought it would fall in an endless array of clichés leading to nowhere but this anime , despite the clichés manage to stay entertaining thanks to the way everything falls into place.

So our hero manage to get 2 members in his party in order to raid the end boss with one he manage to max teh social links in one go ... congrats main character !

Robot girl is alright ... not a fan of her running gag but her presence is a nice addition.
Archer girl is much better , too bad her quest already ended.
Kanojo%20ga%20Flag%20wo%20Oraretara%20-%2003_01.jpg

What a special skill

If it were a normal harem aanime , there would be needless battle everytime for the most stupid reasons , this doesn't happen here .. mainly because the girls don't even seem to compete for a prize but being near the prize is well enough. Aside for a couple of gag this is innofensive and it allow the naime to focus on something else. Kudos to the trap hsi running gag is great and i almost feel sorryr for him
Kanojo%20ga%20Flag%20wo%20Oraretara%20-%2003_02.jpg

That's not how you do pull-ups !
Overall that was a nice episode, setting up events and more flags for later..i can't wait to see how stupid this anime will turn when it tries to be a soccer anime.

Midonin

Kanojo ga flag wo oraretara - 03

I'm really surprised by this anime. i thought it would fall in an endless array of clichés leading to nowhere but this anime , despite the clichés manage to stay entertaining thanks to the way everything falls into place.
Not despite, because of the cliches. It plays on your familiarity with anime and keeps twisting it, just not in a mean-spirited way.

Mature

Patlabor Original OVA Series
Hm, it was enjoyable, but I feel a bit underwhelmed. The direction and production were top tier, but Ito's screenplay felt lacking and sort of brought down the whole episode in places. That being said, it was generally well above average.

Not despite, because of the cliches. It plays on your familiarity with anime and keeps twisting it, just not in a mean-spirited way.

Well i'm just glad that it isn't YET AGAIN a "poor man Love hina" or worse a "happy lesson"
The little thing like the sister actually putting more people in the MC bed is refreshing to see because it's much more entertaining to see a harem anime that doesn't revolve into internal fights
-----------------
Pushimas - 18
Choose :
-watch a horror movie
-experience a horror movie

---------------------------------
Pushimas - 19

So cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

minty_jpg

No Game No Life 3

The art for this (the colors I guess would be what I mean) was really annoying for this at first but now I don't mind them that much. That story/characters are fun so far.

The crying scene where she cries after not doing well in chess was adorable.

Crocodile

tumblr_n4gqfbBWda1souknbo1_500.jpg

This seemed to be a mildly useful image moving forward. I'm not using to actually comment on AoT - feel free to replace AoT with whichever anime is someone's favorite anime that you want to shit on :p

cajunator

Banned
Well i'm just glad that it isn't YET AGAIN a "poor man Love hina" or worse a "happy lesson"
The little thing like the sister actually putting more people in the MC bed is refreshing to see because it's much more entertaining to see a harem anime that doesn't revolve into internal fights
-----------------
Pushimas - 18
Choose :
-watch a horror movie
-experience a horror movie

---------------------------------
Pushimas - 19

So cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

but...Happy Lesson was great!

Chaika 3

Fantasy still generic, episode was mostly an excuse for Chaika to be moe. Will continue.

Chaika doesnt need an excuse. She simply exists and moe happens.

but...Happy Lesson was great!
What ? No

Happy lesson is generic , has no pay-off and doesn't even have clever jokes or settings
It should be mentionned next to : "Bland & Generic harem "

It's a shame on my soul that i was someone who at a time didn't know better and watched All 3 seasons+oavs.... I WISH I COULD FORGET
Because i've watched happy lesson i can forgive many anime airing ...i always ask mayself .." is this better than happy lesson ? " the answer is always "yes"

Narag

For the life of me I cannot inderstand why people dont like her jibberish talk. I talk gibberish often and I appreciate those who do the same!

At first, I just assumed she wasn't fluent in whatever common language was used so represented like that. :lol

cajunator

Banned
What ? No

Happy lesson is generic , has no pay-off and doesn't even have clever jokes or settings
It should be mentionned next to : "Bland & Generic harem "

It's a shame on my soul that i was someone who at a time didn't know better and watched All 3 seasons+oavs.... I WISH I COULD FORGET
Because i've watched happy lesson i can forgive many anime airing ...i always ask mayself .." is this better than happy lesson ? " the answer is always "yes"

Its kind of generic but I have fond memories of it from the anime club. I still have season one on dvd. I wish youtube nazis didnt take the Tokyo life ED down.

Articalys

No Game No Life ep.3

Okay, that was a FANTSTIC rebound from the weaker episode 2. From the
Ace Attorney and JoJo references
to
that twist turning the chess game into something else entirely in the silliest way possible
, this episode was firing on all cylinders the whole way through. Loved it. And the music is still fantastic too.

Hitsugi no Chaika ep.3

This on the other hand is so average it hurts. Also, all the outfits seem straight out of the school of random JRPG design.
I think I might actually only still be watching this because of Chaika herself. Well, that and I've only got one other show on Wednesdays anyway.

-----------------------------

Now, time to go thread-quote-diving again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom