• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conan-san

No Game No Life 3

How many JoJo references is this show going to have?

As a side, I really wish they'd not subtitle the onomatapia (both in JoJo's and in here), espeicaly if they're going to not use onomatapiea.

I don't know how you'd translate it "Properly" but "Meanacing" might be 'right' but it's not 'right'.

Link Man

Banned
Chaika 3

Chaika is so adorable!

ibs456ODk5tbEh.jpg

iWUlVCkNqcLbT.jpg

Glad to see this series get a much-needed infusion of character, and the story is starting to get interesting as well. Looking forward to the next episode.

WITH A MERCILESS ROAR
Holy shit thank you based Madhouse for this episode, I have been waiting a very long time to see this animated and it was done perfectly. RIP Netero, you crazy old fuck. Now I wait for Gon-san

BluWacky

I didn't realise that M3 was actually a (sort-of) manga adaptation - one that SatoJun wrote!

SatoJun and Kawamori collaborated on a manga called "Mortal Metal Shibagane" that ran in Comic Blade for two volumes (first volume visible here); apparently M3 is like a revised version of the storyline of said manga.

So where does Okada fit in to this? She has no credit on the original manga but presumably she has a big part to play in revamping the original story.

Midonin

If Her Flag Breaks 03

Ruri is far more robotic than Multi ever was. At least the charger goes in her mouth - I know robot girls have had far... different places in anime of the past. Rin's also pretty entertaining. Yoko Hikasa brand tsundere is pretty good. This is my favorite of the Wednesday shows, because it's the most fun to watch. Everything's exaggerated - like the idea of a sports meet lasting for an entire week. This isn't a field day, this may as well be the Olympics. That Rin had Yozora's entire backstory in about 5 minutes is equally entertaining. There's a lot to love here.

survivor

Banned
I didn't realise that M3 was actually a (sort-of) manga adaptation - one that SatoJun wrote!

SatoJun and Kawamori collaborated on a manga called "Mortal Metal Shibagane" that ran in Comic Blade for two volumes (first volume visible here); apparently M3 is like a revised version of the storyline of said manga.

So where does Okada fit in to this? She has no credit on the original manga but presumably she has a big part to play in revamping the original story.

Outside of the name of the mechas, the anime seems completely different from the manga. The monsters and other world concepts are also an anime original. They both seem to play up the tragedy aspect so I suppose Okada is gonna use that for full effect in the anime.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oreimo S1

Review:While it isn't the absolute trash a lot of people make it out to be and actually does a half-decent job on expressing the hardships of otaku subculture, the latter parts of Oreimo show the unmistakable onset of the author's mental breakdown after all those death letters and fans threatening him; he is forced to pander to their desires.Poor soul.

Let's see how far down the rabbit hole Season 2 goes.
Eh. S1 isn't really considered trash because on its own it could just be seen as a nice show about a brother bonding with his sister. Though it has been a while since I saw it so maybe my mind has filtered anything bad out. Of course S2 shits on all that which I'm sure you are aware of judging by your post.

No Game No Life 3

When the show doesn't rely on ecchi shots it's just brilliant, they should stick with this. Every reference was brilliant, but the Jojo one was too great. The lead male is quick on his feet, I like that. Also it looks like he had been watching Tonari No Seki-kun before coming to this chess match.

His speech to the troops and to the queen was brilliant haha. Definitely will keep watching and it has also become of the better shows this season, just please tone down the underage pantsu. And the ecchi in general.

cajunator

Banned
No Game No Life 3
CUTE IS JUSTICE. Also, a very complicated chess game with several game types

Chaika 3

Chaika is so adorable!

ibs456ODk5tbEh.jpg

iWUlVCkNqcLbT.jpg

Glad to see this series get a much-needed infusion of character, and the story is starting to get interesting as well. Looking forward to the next episode.

She is so cute. I loves her.
Really enjoyable series by bones that appeals to me at last.

fiiiiiiirehaaaawk

You havent done a bad thing. This contains Charles. she is the cleansing agent.

Syrinx

Happiness Charge Precure 12

Not a great episode, but a fun one. Hime-sensei was entertaining.

And baseball, bitches. How the fuck did that guy not know how to calculate a fucking batting average? Does he seriously not know the batting averages of anybody on his team? He better not be the captain. Apparently he's a pitcher so it's less important, but still, know you're ERA, K/BB ratio, K/9 innings, and your WHIP, dude.

If they were gonna do baseball with Megumi, one of the coords should have been a baseball uniform. All she got instead was a batting helmet. How do you bat in heels? Anyhoo, how do you go fastball-curveball-curveball-forkball and not illicit a single swing-and-miss for 15 pitches? She was swinging at everything. Throw a curveball in the dirt. She'd swing right over that shit.

So there isn't a baseball uniform coord, but there's a bus driver one? Okay.

Still, like I said, fun episode. Benta-kun was pretty good for a side dude. Not Ban-kun, but all right. In honor of a baseball episode, I leave you with this:

L3E5yjX.gif

Chaika the Bastardized Sentence Princess 3

In this episode we have a bit of character development for Chaika, an introduction to a character who will obviously be key throughout the series, and a bit more development on members of the team chasing Chaika. Also the sister makes more deadpan brother jokes.

The similarities to Scrapped Princess have now increased:

- Lone Princess who is not with her royal family and as a whole can't survive on her own.
- Two older siblings who have sworn to protect said princess for one reason or the other
- Battle competent leads, more specifically a male lead specialized in some form of sword/knife/dagger, who can more than hold their own in battle
- Magic user in the group has attempted/attempts to cook something with magic only for hijinks to ensue
- A team lead by a pretty boy who is working under a government organization of some sorts with information they're withholding from them.

Still, it's very entertaining. The art style in this vs in Scrapped Princess is a bit more moe for younger people, if the 'i love my commander', princess and the cat guy didn't make it obvious. Also why is that government worker girl wearing only a battle thong? Wear some shorts ffs.

Next episode seems like we'll have a sweet battle where the siblings work together. Sahweeeet. Can't wait.

Busaiku

Man, it always takes forever for Crunchyroll to upload stuff on the mobile app, and it's always in a foreign language for a while too.

Man, it always takes forever for Crunchyroll to upload stuff on the mobile app, and it's always in a foreign language for a while too.
Reminds me of whenever they uploaded a new episode of SamFlam and the PS4 app always, ALWAYS, had like 10p streaming and shitty audio. Only for this show.

Nisekoi

Well fuck, im caught up and want to read the manga now.

IIRC, story wise in the manga there's like 1 arc that hasn't been hit on with the anime yet that pushes
chitoge
ahead but the rest has been just introducing more side characters that have no chance of "winning"

Jarmel

Banned
Chaika -3

I love Scrapped Princess and I think is dogshit. The sister's only defining characteristic is that she wants her brother's dick. Chaika is some sort of idiot savante with mechanics. I already want to strangle Chaika because hearing her talk is beyond annoying. Whoever thought that good idea, need slap. Then there is main character who is just the butt for lazy jokes. It's just there is nothing here. The production values are pretty much crap (other than the one minute of action that they threw in at the end) and the OST is non-existent.

Chaika -3

I love Scrapped Princess and I think is dogshit. The sister's only defining characteristic is that she wants her brother's dick. Chaika is some sort of idiot savante with mechanics. I already want to strangle Chaika because hearing her talk is beyond annoying. Whoever thought that good idea, need slap. Then there is main character who is just the butt for lazy jokes. It's just there is nothing here. The production values are pretty much crap (other than the one minute of action that they threw in at the end) and the OST is non-existent.

Admittedly the return of the NEET joke was not something I enjoyed but if we're talking about similarities to Scrapped Princess
the princess in SP also hinted explicitly at brother complex
so it isn't that off from SP.

I wouldn't say her only personality trait is that though, we just really haven't explored their characters besides

A. Male lead who was previously in war who is now bored with his peaceful life, looking for excitement with possibility to start war.

B. Sister who was also in war, looks up to her brother and dearly respects him. She hasn't done anything besides crack a joke at sleeping in the same bed.

Admittedly it's anime so that could be taken as her being serious, but let's see if they continue with those jokes before jumping to the conclusion that she wants to bone him

Jarmel

Banned
Black Bullet-3
So how the fuck is any one individual supposed to stop a renegade Lost Child? I don't understand, some of them can jump out of helicopters and have super human speed and strength. Like what would Rentaro do if Enju went rouge? This whole premise doesn't make any sense.

Then you have the villain who is just ridiculously overpowered to the point that the fights are boring. Why would he even be interested in Rentaro in the first place? Not to mention the villain is seemingly as shallow as a kid's pool.

Then we have the
death scene(?)
. The execution in this is so lazy and the direction is so flat that of course he was
going to survive.
The placement in the episode too, doesn't do it any favors so the sequence just becomes boring to watch.

It really makes Shingeki look masterful in how it handles similar material. After seeing Shingeki, this is like watching an amateur, more so I guess, try a scifi version of the same material. This is just not well written or directed.

cajunator

Banned
Chaika the Bastardized Sentence Princess 3

In this episode we have a bit of character development for Chaika, an introduction to a character who will obviously be key throughout the series, and a bit more development on members of the team chasing Chaika. Also the sister makes more deadpan brother jokes.

The similarities to Scrapped Princess have now increased:

- Lone Princess who is not with her royal family and as a whole can't survive on her own.
- Two older siblings who have sworn to protect said princess for one reason or the other
- Battle competent leads, more specifically a male lead specialized in some form of sword/knife/dagger, who can more than hold their own in battle
- Magic user in the group has attempted/attempts to cook something with magic only for hijinks to ensue
- A team lead by a pretty boy who is working under a government organization of some sorts with information they're withholding from them.

Still, it's very entertaining. The art style in this vs in Scrapped Princess is a bit more moe for younger people, if the 'i love my commander', princess and the cat guy didn't make it obvious. Also why is that government worker girl wearing only a battle thong? Wear some shorts ffs.

Next episode seems like we'll have a sweet battle where the siblings work together. Sahweeeet. Can't wait.

Yeah the show is pretty sweet so far. Enjoying the hell out of it.

Jarmel

Banned
Admittedly the return of the NEET joke was not something I enjoyed but if we're talking about similarities to Scrapped Princess
the princess in SP also hinted explicitly at brother complex
so it isn't that off from SP.

Admittedly it's anime so that could be taken as her being serious, but let's see if they continue with those jokes before jumping to the conclusion that she wants to bone him

You didn't see how the sister has been fawning at him whenever he gets serious?

Whaaaaaat? The princess in Scrapped princess had a brother complex?

I really enjoyed that show and don't remember that at all. I mean they obviously cared for each other a lot but thats kind of natural since they are siblings. There was that episode where she got jealous after he brought some random kid along but that doesn't strike me as her having romantic feelings for him.

cajunator

Banned

I really enjoyed that show and don't remember that at all. I mean they obviously cared for each other a lot but thats kind of natural since they are siblings. There was that episode where she got jealous after he brought some random kid along but that doesn't strike me as her having romantic feelings for him.

She looked up to her brother and cared for him. Not every sister/brother relationship is incestual.

You didn't see how the sister has been fawning at him whenever he gets serious?

Define fawning, because she's praising his abilities in kuudere fashion. Sorry but I've been burned so much by incestuous crap in anime that I really can't see "wants her brother's dick" by this. Maybe if she escalates it I'll agree with you.

She looked up to her brother and cared for him. Not every sister/brother relationship is incestual.

I saw hints here and there that she was at least a tad more attached to him than a regular sister. First of all it seemed like the two of them cared more about each other than the older sister. Something else that struck me as odd was
when she lost her memories and she immediately got attached to the guy that looked and acted like her older brother. Even when she met who was supposedly her sister she wanted to stay with him. Heck she fell in love with him and he literally did everything her brother did. Then she only regained her memories after her brother saw her again

But I agree, it never did turn creepy or incestuous. It was a sweet relationship between the two. I'm saying that we shouldn't condemn this show for something that the author at most has hinted at in the previous work. Give it time before we make a judgement call, especially with 2-3 currently airing shows in the season with obvious incest pairings this doesn't make the cut.

Having said that, I agree that Chaika needs to learn how to structure a proper verbal sentence.

cajunator

Banned
Define fawning, because she's praising his abilities in kuudere fashion. Sorry but I've been burned so much by incestuous crap in anime that I really can't see "wants her brother's dick" by this. Maybe if she escalates it I'll agree with you.

I saw hints here and there that she was at least a tad more attached to him than a regular sister. First of all it seemed like the two of them cared more about each other than the older sister. Something else that struck me as odd was
when she lost her memories and she immediately got attached to the guy that looked and acted like her older brother. Even when she met who was supposedly her sister she wanted to stay with him. Then she only regained her memories after her brother saw her again

But I agree, it never did turn creepy or incestuous. It was a sweet relationship between the two. I'm saying that we shouldn't condemn this show for something that the author at most has hinted at in the previous work. Give it time before we make a judgement call, especially with 2-3 currently airing shows in the season with obvious incest pairings this doesn't make the cut.

Having said that, I agree that Chaika needs to learn how to structure a proper verbal sentence.

I find her verbal tics to be precious.

jgminto

No Game No Life 3

Arrrgh why does this show have to be so entertaining!? If it dropped the creepy fanservice (which, to be fair wasn't really in this ep) this would probably be in the top tier of this season. The writing is really fun and all the references are great. I have to wonder if the original source is this fun or if a quality script writer elevated it. Were the Jojo and Ace Attorney references in the LN?

I find her verbal tics to be precious.

You also like the squirrel in Gargantia and the new one in Captain Planet. So I can't trust your judgement on annoying moe characters haha

No no no no

Everything is incest.
You can't show affection toward your siblings if there is nothing behind that i mean that doesn't happen in real life i know that since i'm an expert

I never said it was outright incest. Throughout the first half of the show it just seemed like a pair of loving siblings. But the more that happened the more I convinced myself there were hints. But my only major proof was the spoiler part. I'd love to be told otherwise, but I saw this situation in anime and instantly thought "shit it may have happened again"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom