• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
1335836103248gvzdp.gif

Soma

Man I feel like I'm the only one who liked the first episode of Dusk Maiden.

I totally understand how it'd piss a lot of people off though. It's a very risky approach especially when trying to make a decent impression for a first episode.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

I totally understand how it'd piss a lot of people off though. It's a very risky approach especially when trying to make a decent impression for a first episode.

A couple of others did too.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37438052&postcount=7045
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37448520&postcount=7236

I, for one, am glad they went back to do proper introductions in episodes 2 and 3. That way, the first one becomes entirely skippable.

I didn't hate it. Wasn't a big fan of it though.

Still better than fate zero eps 1 ;P

Aquarion Evol 18

Yes, they played Pride again! Best Aquarion track!

I'm pretty amazed at how much I went from hating Mix to almost kind of liking her. She went from a misandrist bitch to a bro thanks to Andy and his holes.

Aquarion Evol 18

Yes, they played Pride again! Best Aquarion track!

I'm pretty amazed at how much I went from hating Mix to almost kind of liking her. She went from a misandrist bitch to a bro thanks to Andy and his holes.

Let me fill your hole!

Ginga e Kickoff 01

MC is a bit loud, but he's a cool enough kid. Erika is cute and awesome. Dog is awesome. Random 'drunk master' is awesome as well.

I guess I can dig this!

*adds another show to watch list*

I liked everything but the repeated 7 minutes. Though I still think it was rather premature to have the main cast all there before their proper introductions.

Hyouka 2:
I think that was another fun episode. I'm enjoying the interactions of the characters, and the dialogue between them. The facial expressions are also really good at conveying emotions without words. I really just enjoy seeing the bits of everyone interacting and going back and forth. The mysteries aren't really involving, but I think they work effectively at setting up situations for the characters to go back and forth in.

That's not the problem. My complaint is that you basically rewach the first half of the episode in the second. It's lazy.
I liked everything but the repeated 7 minutes. Though I still think it was rather premature to have the main cast all there before their proper introductions.

It's not really repeated, though. The addition of Youko makes it feel very different from how it was without her... much more amusing with her around, and the stuff that was going on makes more sense as well. :)

Makoto

That's not the problem. My complaint is that you basically rewach the first half of the episode in the second. It's lazy.
This and I feel that what Yuuko says in the second half to prompt Niiya's "responses" doesn't really warrant the regurgitation. I don't think we, as the audience, learn anything worthwhile about Yuuko in the replay that we already didn't know the first time. Most of what's important about her character comes in the elevator and the forest scenes.

Ah My Goddess Together Forever 01
Last set of OAVs go!
Well this is at least an unique plot. Belldandy is making everyone to happy! The goddess could leave! Well, I guess that's at least a new way to remove the goddesses. The date was ok to watch, at least with Hild not understanding the level of relationship they are at.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
the cool kids club:

http://i.imgur.com/xz9vh.png

join now
I don't hate it. I just try to ignore it.
Adolescence of Utena

Ikuhara obviously felt that it was not necessary to ground any part of this production in visual realism, unlike the TV series.

The series always danced around whether Utena and Anthy's relationship was romantic and/or sexual, right up to the end. The movie just goes for it.

"The boy who drowned trying to save a girl" story appeared, in a slightly different form, very late in the series. At the time I wondered at its significance, and even now I'm not sure how the two are related exactly.

Nanami's came was the funniest part, by a mile.

Odd place for Z.U.M. to reappear. The car wash scene reminded me of Interstella 5555, of all things.

I'd known in a general way that characters turned into cars in this movie, but I wasn't quite prepared for it to turn into goddamn Redline in the third act all of a sudden.

Movie Anthy > TV Anthy.
Were the Utena spoilers really that prevalent in anime fandom? I swear, I had never heard them before.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

It's like Natsu no Arashi, so it must be good.

Ultimadrago

Hidamari Sketch Hoshimittsu 5

m7qo3.jpg

:firehawk?

God damn, I've never heard so many "Good Mornings" in my life!

Anyways, today was physical exam say, time to be self-conscious and all that jazz.

Still enjoying how the transitions flow in accordance to the different tests and activities the girls are involved in. I'm not sure if it's possible to get sick of Hidamari's unique abstract and minimalist style, but I'm still rather enjoying it for this series.

Miss Yoshinoya is still hot wideface and Miyako is still mai silly waifu, etc., etc..

Ah My Goddess Together Forever 02
When better than introducing two new characters than the last OAV!
I really do like the creative games the goddesses have. Shell collecting? Less mundane form of bug fixing complete with sexy swimwear cause why not having it at the beach. I didn't mention this in the last OAV, but I am amused by the sudden increase in technology. And, cola and mentos too?

But, that was a long ride through the Ah My Goddess world. Sure, it was sometimes boring with the repeated attempts at establishing a relationship but it was still fun and I do like all the characters here. It's a good romantic comedy that doesn't end and where the romance is stuck at level one or two, but it was still very much fun to watch.

Kettch

I enjoyed it as well. Reminded me of Haruhi's first episode, which a lot of people seemed to hate as well. I'll never understand that, they're great introductions.

The Castle of Cagliostro

This is my first time watching anything Lupin and probably the oldest anime I have watched at the moment. I was not really sure what to expect, but with the new Lupin during this season I figured I would check it out. To keep it short, after the whole Code Geass marathon during the past three days, everything was wonderful. I may just have to pick it up with my next purchase from RightStuf.

Gundam 00 s1 ep 18-25

8 / 10 overall. Pretty cool overall. I think Id have to put in my favorite gundam (sorry Age), Asemu could just never compare to Setsuna. Setsuna really made this anime work well and all the designs were good. And all the attachments to the characters was pretty emotional there
Saji's losses, wow, at this rate he needs to become a Gundam meister or something. Lock-ons sudden death even was too much to handled and then Lichtendahl's sudden death. Really the anime is quite punishing on the heart.

On to season 2.

Been watching stuff all day. Got some questions.

What's the deal with Saki Side A? It looks to be ahead of the original manga. Is it supposed to be an alternate timeline kind of thing, or is it really just ahead of the original manga? And how is that going to work if it is?

I just caught up with Eureka. What the hell is going on? Is this like the movie, with it being some alternate universe stuff? Was I supposed to recognize Ao's mom? Cause I didn't.

AKB is ass. A flat one with no hips.

Gundam 00 s1 ep 18-25

8 / 10 overall. Pretty cool overall. I think Id have to put in my favorite gundam (sorry Age), Asemu could just never compare to Setsuna. Setsuna really made this anime work well and all the designs were good. And all the attachments to the characters was pretty emotional there
Saji's losses, wow, at this rate he needs to become a Gundam meister or something. Lock-ons sudden death even was too much to handled and then Lichtendahl's sudden death. Really the anime is quite punishing on the heart.

On to season 2.

oh god.

err...

Have fun!

Ginga e Kick off 02

wo wo wo wo

Fun stuff. Erika is still awesome ;)

Ghost moe 04

Still feels so lighthearted after playing Corpse Party. Such a sexy ghost...

But the grand daughter might be secret best girl of the show!

Ultimadrago

Hidamari Sketch Hoshimittsu 6

G0KNo.jpg

JackNicholsonnod.gif

Today Miss Yoshinoya seems preoccupied with her cellphone today. Yuno and Miya are curious about what could be the issue. Answer:
It's a visual novel
. Nothing less is expected from our Yoshinoya!

Strange thing, this episode, felt like it had 800 eye catches more than the last. Maybe I didn't notice the ones before or something, not sure if I'm just thinking it.

LK3IS.jpg

Okay SHAFT, enough with teasing eyecatches, time to animate these scenes!

A nice laid back watch as usual.

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 4

Don't have a lot to say. I like how they handled the little stone curse segment. Fun stuff. Also, that split second before the credits was creepy as hell precisely because it only lasted that long.

I really liked this shot btw:

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 04
Ah, the good old-fashioned bitch-slap. We certainly don't see enough of it nowadays.

Annerose :( Also Kircheis :'( Poor prince, you surely have to put up with a lot. You deserve more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom