• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uchip

Banned
iZdOB.png

I realize the irony, but colour palette isn't a difficult concept

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Hyouka 02:

Oh man, those EYES! I just can NOT get enough of Eru's EYES! O_O The show is just seeping with great visual design and music! The animation is top notch and the color design is vivid!

It's kinda funny from a seiyuu perspective though. It's like watching OreImo without Kirino and an insanely more aggressive Manami. XD

cajunator

Banned
Hyouka 2

Mystery was kinda boring... but omg.

Those imaginations ;)

Can't wait for the figure.

And now there are two.

[redacted]

kyoani are pulling all the guns to make sure this ain't gonna bomb eh?

Well this will definitel make me continue watching!
I may end up wih an Eru figure if they put animal ears on her and get the eyes right.

Of course, but Summer always sucks.*

*I say this having watched anime as for only a couple of years.

Agreed. Summer is generally the least interesting season, although there are exceptions.

This summer has the potential to be better than the last two summers, at least.

Eh. Last summer had Penguindrum and Usagi Drop in it. This summer might wind up having a larger number of quality of shows, but I'm doubtful that they'll reach the heights that those two shows did last year.

Ah My Goddess Fighting Wings 02
XNnd8.jpg

Ok, now you are sounding pretty much like Team Rocket.
I am highly amused that
Belldandy was able to turn her demon angel into an actual angel through the pure power of being Belldandy.
Besides that it was nice seeing everyone in action and the goddesses fighting together to fight the Angel Eater. It was silly suddenly seeing stills during the fight though, looks like they were running out of their budget and needed to do the shounen thing and have stills during fights.

Makoto

AKB0048

Step aside Kids on the Slope, the competition just walked in.

michaeljordanuncontrollablelaughter.gif

Agreed. Summer is generally the least interesting season, although there are exceptions.

I don't know. I'd say winter is more often the least interesting season of the year. Last year with Wandering Son was something of an exception.

Eh. Last summer had Penguindrum and Usagi Drop in it. This summer might wind up having a larger number of quality of shows, but I'm doubtful that they'll reach the heights that those two shows did last year.

They may not reach the heights of MPD, since it had some pretty shining heights. But hopefully they will avoid being wildly inconsistent messes, and so be stronger shows overall.

Andrew J.

Adolescence of Utena

Ikuhara obviously felt that it was not necessary to ground any part of this production in visual realism, unlike the TV series.

The series always danced around whether Utena and Anthy's relationship was romantic and/or sexual, right up to the end. The movie just goes for it.

"The boy who drowned trying to save a girl" story appeared, in a slightly different form, very late in the series. At the time I wondered at its significance, and even now I'm not sure how the two are related exactly.

Nanami's cameo was the funniest part, by a mile.

Odd place for Z.U.M. to reappear. The car wash scene reminded me of Interstella 5555, of all things.

I'd known in a general way that characters turned into cars in this movie, but I wasn't quite prepared for it to turn into goddamn Redline in the third act all of a sudden.

Movie Anthy > TV Anthy.

wonzo

Banned
Moeshit Cthulhu 4

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. i'm gonna drop this boring piece of shit to make way for more risible works like AKB0048, Sengoku Collection and RICKS BREAD

jman2050

Nyaruko-san 4

TEH RIE APPEARS

Not as strong as previous episodes, but is funny nonetheless. Kana is just killing it as Nyaruko still.

So if space publishers localize Japan-only games, is Nintendo of Space as horrible at this as NoA?

I'm against the bastardization of classic literature in general.

Lovecraft? Classic literature?

Hahahahahaha

I assumed that Lovecraft's works were considered important, though I guess that's not the same thing as being considered classic literature. >_>
They made already a silly tabletop game about the Cthulhu thing.

A moe version is an improvement.

and
You have something against tabletop games? Those be fighting words. *pulls up sleeves*

Koroviev

They made already a silly tabletop game about the Cthulhu thing.

A moe version is an improvement.

and

http://aya.shii.org/2011/09/17/european-philosophers-become-magical-anime-girls/

Nietzsche

Only in Japan.

I assumed that Lovecraft's works were considered important, though I guess that's not the same thing as being considered classic literature. >_>

Lovecraft's work is notable for its influence, but it's utterly saturated with purple prose.

I'm not, but you haven't posted about it. Feel free to correct me.

I watched a little of the first episode and found the lead girl insufferable.

Classic pulp literature, maybe.

The Divine Comedy manga is pretty good.

I was thinking more of the video game.

Koroviev

Classic pulp literature, maybe.

I wouldn't necessarily call it pulpy. The thing is that Lovecraft didn't get out much and this fact is strongly reflected in his writing. It's like he spent all day trying to figure out how to make everything as verbose and obtuse as possible...and he probably did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom