• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, this is about the worst. Shaft is being rewarded for their mediocrity here.

When is that not the case?
ibzdoo68dADKY0.gif

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Code Geass 1

This is totally Guilty Crown + Death Note.

Ledouche looks down on the puny humans with his "power of the king" and Machiaveli-inspired chess tactics. And now he's totally overpowered.

Sounds fun.

Kagami

Is Mouretsu Pirates doing well enough for another season?
I wonder. It's nothing impressive but it's not a total bomb either. Stuff in this range of popularity seems to be pretty random whether it gets more seasons. Zero no Tsukaima series had video sales similar to Pirates.

I'd speculate no, though, because Pirates has no video game coming out and hardly any merchandise, which makes me guess it was animated purely for novel promotion + video sales, and those video sales aren't enough to float a second season on their own.

Afaik there is not enough content for another season.
Actually, it looks like they're OK on that front.
According to this, the TV series episodes 1-18 cover novel volumes 1-3, then the remaining episodes are original.
http://logsoku.com/thread/toro.2ch.net/anime/1335783313/3
Meanwhile, the novel itself is up to volume 8 now.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=NEOBK-1225646

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So like when Bake and Madoka sold well then
Pretty much, yeah.
He is the saviour of the pinball industry.
He needs to save his arse first or he's gonna go the way of the Virtual Boy.
And Gundam 00 and Seed Destiny obviously deserved their sales as well. Also just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's mediocre.
It's mediocre because the easiest way to sell itself is by pandering to the worst fetishes of the otaku. And I never said anything about those shows deserving their sales.

Code Geass 1
This is totally Guilty Crown + Death Note.

Ledouche looks down on the puny humans with his "power of the king" and Machiaveli-inspired chess tactics. And now he's totally overpowered.

Sounds fun.

That image. Lelouch made some of the most memorable expressions and one of the most memorable personalities, Ive encountered.

Power of the King? GC?

Articalys

Incidentally, for anyone keeping score at home, recall that the box set for the final Winter show, Black Rock Shooter, doesn't release until June 22, so we'll have to wait until then for the final temporal sales rankings. Not that it's exceptionally difficult to predict how they'll turn out or anything, just saying for the sake of completeness.

Jarmel

Banned
It's mediocre because the easiest way to sell itself is by pandering to the worst fetishes of the otaku. And I never said anything about those shows deserving their sales.

My initial point is that there are shows that do better and are worse. There are also tons of shows that are absolute shit that have good sales. I don't see why this particular show would set you off as compared to Highschool DxD breaking 10k and still having good sales.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
My initial point is that there are shows that do better and are worse. There are also tons of shows that are absolute shit that have good sales. I don't see why this particular show would set you off as compared to Highschool DxD breaking 10k and still having good sales.
No, that one pisses me off too.

duckroll

My initial point is that there are shows that do better and are worse.

Out of curiosity, which shows sell better than 57k for a volume, and are actually generally considered worse than Nisemonogatari? Gundam SEED Destiny is probably the only one I can think of. Are there any others?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Out of curiosity, which shows sell better than 57k for a volume, and are actually generally considered worse than Nisemonogatari? Gundam SEED Destiny is probably the only one I can think of. Are there any others?

In before Madoka and Bakemonogatari.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Doesn't that make it easier to create a life size replica? :p

I don't think most people would consider those -worse- than Nise.

I doubt anyone here would say Bakemono, sure, but Madoka is sufficiently different that I could see someone (wrongly) saying it's worse than Nisemono.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Code Geass R1 2

Oh, so Ledouche's a Prince?
Interesting.

The pacing in this series is commendable. You never know what'll happen next because there's no building up at all, haha.

This episode's best moment was the
Lancelot's falling person sensor being activated.

People saying Code Geass is like Guilty Crown makes me rage inside.

Hindsight.

Ultimadrago

People saying Code Geass is like Guilty Crown makes me rage inside.

Hey, I just call the elements as I see them.

That said, I'm sure it'll have a better/more entertaining narrative.

Code Geass R1 2

So some mecha action along with further delving into the strong contrast of Ledouche and his friend in terms of ideals which lead to similar places, but have different execution and so forth.

Science man sounds trolling, expect him to troll in the future.

And problems within the royal family?! Dun Dun DUUUUN

Looking forward to more mechas and conflict then, also keeping the school to a minimum is a plus.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Hey, I just call the elements as I see them.

That said, I'm sure it'll have a better/more entertaining narrative.

Code Geass 2

So some mecha action along with further delving into the strong contrast of Ledouche and his friend in terms of ideals which lead to similar places, but have different execution and so forth.

Science man sounds trolling, expect him to troll in the future.

And problems within the royal family?! Dun Dun DUUUUN

Looking forward to more mechas and conflict then, also keeping the school to a minimum is a plus.
Code Geass R1 2

Oh, so Ledouche's a Prince?
Interesting.

The pacing in this series is commendable. You never know what'll happen next because there's no building up at all, haha.

This episode's best moment was the
Lancelot's falling person sensor being activated.

More lambs led to the slaughter that is Code Geass, I see.

First season is slightly better than R2 if you ask me, but both are extremely entertaining, enjoy.

Regulus, why do you make it so easy to hate you, not even your Erika avatar can save you. :(

There are much worse things to be pissed about in regards to sales than Nise doing well.

Personally I get more upset at the failure of anime aggressively targeted at general audiences, such as Dennou Coil and Letter to Momo, than the success of yet another show of questionable merits among the otaku niche.

Jarmel

Banned

There are only two shows above Nise in regards to average sales per volume. I would definitely say both are worse(those being both Gundam Seed). I thought Code Geass was higher than it was and was going to argue about R2 in terms of quality as opposed to QUALITY however R2 was only in the 40k range. There is also the whole longer franchises have more volumes and thus more profit argument (which would allow me to make the case for some of the franchises in the 40k margin) but I'll just revise my argument to say that in general there are franchises that are that are worse yet do amazingly well, maybe not to the extent of Nise but are certainly up there. Perfect example: The E7 movie doing 40k.

duckroll

Personally I get more upset at the failure of anime aggressively targeted at general audiences, such as Dennou Coil and Letter to Momo, than the success of yet another show of questionable merits among the otaku niche.

Letter to Momo's poor theatrical performance is sad, but I wonder if we can really blame general audiences for not buying Denno Coil on DVD. It was released in 2 episode volumes, and the LEs came with complete storyboards for the included episodes as extras. That's not really the sort of release that's attractive to a general audience at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom