• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this true? I was under the impression the show had done okay in terms of ratings - it didn't hit the heights of, say, Major, which aired at a similar time, and I don't know what the demographic breakdown of the show was, but it was regularly pulling in around 3.0 ratings which was better than Terra e... in the old doroku slot on TBS. See these links for ratings at the time - Dennou Coil aired on Saturdays at 18:30 (it's the last chart on each page, in the row labelled 電脳コイル).

It also got repeated on NHK at least once - I remember seeing the listing for it a year or two ago.

Perhaps I was mistaken. I wasn't following the anime scene at the time it aired, but I always got the impression from hearing people talk about it that Dennou Coil didn't achieve the kind of success that Mitsuo Iso, Madhouse, and NHK were hoping for.

duckroll

Perhaps I was mistaken. I wasn't following the anime scene at the time it aired, but I always got the impression from hearing people talk about it that Dennou Coil didn't achieve the kind of success that Mitsuo Iso, Madhouse, and NHK were hoping for.

It didn't. That's because you can't profit from one of the most expensive TV anime productions by just having okay ratings and totally shit DVD sales. I'm not sure what NHK expected, but the show was intended to be a pretty big deal for the children market (and maybe animation fans as well) but it never took off the way it was intended to be.

Branduil

It didn't. That's because you can't profit from one of the most expensive TV anime productions by just having okay ratings and totally shit DVD sales. I'm not sure what NHK expected, but the show was intended to be a pretty big deal for the children market (and maybe animation fans as well) but it never took off the way it was intended to be.

We need to do a kickstarter so Mitsuo Iso can get work again.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I'm in love with Nyaruko or Tasogare Otome x Amnesia OP. Listened to it about a dozen times today!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Code Geass R1 6

sdWWU.jpg

Bwahahaha. Oh my God, the silliness. They caught me completely off-guard with this one.

"If only I had terrorists with me, that cat would be easy prey!"

Just as predicted, Suzaku
joins the student council
... And I'm starting to see what you guys were trying to tell me after I stated my fear of the school setting, haha.

Ultimadrago

Code Geass R1 6

Catch that cat!

I laughed my butt off with this episode more than I should have.

-Ridiculous helmet physics

-Stalkers approach for cat hunt reward

-Wishing that a group of terrorists will aid in catching a single cat

-Pizza Hut delivery man and direct lines describing the pizza! I couldn't stop the laughter.

Just glorious, stupid school antics.

Brazil: Yeah, I was wondering in IRC, what it would take for Ledouche to
use his Geass on Suzaku, I'm sure it'll happen at some point or at least a situation where he feels it's the only option.

Theonik

Anyone know what is the best program to create gifs from, on Windows?
I'd say Photoshop is pretty great at it. But expensive. GIMP is a free alternative. These are assuming you want to add text and other effects to the GIFs too.

I never had the problems with Kallen that others do.
Why do people hate Kallen anyway, there's far more annoying characters in Geass.

Theonik

She's a moron and one of the most blatant fanservice characters of all time.
Fanservice characters never really bothered me that much so that explains it. Besides, she's probably the only pilot in Zero's side that doesn't suck.
until the end of R2 that is, if memory serves me well, and apart from lelouch and Sneizel they are all morons too so it's hardly a defining trait.
That sure has to count for something.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Code Geass R1 6

Brazil: Yeah, I was wondering in IRC, what it would take for Ledouche to
use his Geass on Suzaku, I'm sure it'll happen at some point or at least a situation where he feels it's the only option.

Oh, yeah. That will most likely be an important subject in the future.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Everyone just needs to face facts and realize that all of the characters in the Mario universe outside of Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Wario are as bad as Sonic's shitty friends.
Please. This guy is the grooviest cool cat around. You can't compare him to Sonic's unrad friends.
MlyA5.png

Space God and best Mario sportsman cannot be skipped.
You just removed Wario's name. That's very disappointing Ultima.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
He's the star of one of the best 2D platformers ever made, your point is invalid. It's not his fault Nintendo retconned him to have that dumb baby voice.

Yoshi's Island Yoshi sucks due to association with Baby Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom